Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you make this deal?
(03-20-2019, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why would the Jets trade the #3 pick for a receiver that's 31 years old and in that scenario would be paid $20 million.

I'd do the trade BUT I don't know that I take Haskins. I probably go Josh Allen and get an amazing pass rusher. Then at 11 I take a WR.

Yep.  Josh Allen does it all.  Rush the passer, play the run, and even cover.  IF we could pull this off, I'd do it, but I'd hate to lose Green.  Something like this sweetens the pot.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally, no I wouldn't make that deal. Trading our best player doesn't help, and knowing Mike Brown, he doesn't see the team as needing a total rebuild so I doubt he'd even entertain the idea.

Reply/Quote
I'd trade him for a first round pic (doesn't have to be top 10 if it takes some of our picks). But not giving up any picks. When you are rebuilding the goal is to get more picks not give them up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying "you can't replace AJ" well guess what he WILL be replaced someday so getting the best value while getting rid of his high salary may be an option that needs to be considered. "WE NEED CHANGE" has been the battle cry for years on this blog but when change comes the same people kick and scream. There needs to be a different plan than the one that has produced nothing for thirty years.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:57 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Everyone saying "you can't replace AJ" well guess what he WILL be replaced someday so getting the best value while getting rid of his high salary may be an option that needs to be considered. "WE NEED CHANGE" has been the battle cry for years on this blog but when change comes the same people kick and scream. There needs to be a different plan than the one that has produced nothing for thirty years.

A lot of fans just don't have the foresight to see beyond the now. Fans were up in arms when the Reds traded Todd Frazier at 30 years old (still relatively young by baseball standards). Frazier went on to hit 40 HR the next year, but his production the last 2 years has dropped way off. The Reds got their starting SS (Perraza) and a starting OF (Schebler) in that deal.

On a team that's missed the playoffs the last 3 years and is expected to miss them again this year, I'm trading a 31 year old WR for the No. 3 pick in the draft ALL DAY LONG. 
Reply/Quote
So we all agree in fantasy world we would do a trade that is heavily slanted towards the Bengals favor? Cool.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 06:21 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I would do the deal, but not to take Haskins. I'd actually trade for the pick, then trade down and pick up extra picks this year and next. I think the return, especially for QB hungry teams trying to come up and get someone like Haskins would be more valuable.

This.  QB is not the problem with this team and drafting QBs is a crap shoot.  Dalton is better than an overwhelming majority of QBs drafted in the first round since 2011.
Reply/Quote
I don't see anything wrong with discussing this scenario. Not sure why so many get bent out of shape around discussing outside the box ideas. But would I do this deal? I would entertain it, but I doubt it. I want to give ZT the tools his needs his first year to succeed, then let him build the roster he sees fit after an entire off-season worth of working with the team. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to have AD still here and you trade AJ. It's like saying we're sorta, kinda trying to compete. I want to be all in or all out.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'd do the trade but I wouldn't necessarily take a QB. I'd take best player available or as others have said, parlay the 3rd pick into other multiple picks (cause without AJ we are definitely going to need to get a quality WR opposite Boyd).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:38 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't see anything wrong with discussing this scenario. Not sure why so many get bent out of shape around discussing outside the box ideas. 

I think for people like me it's the fact the Jet's wouldn't do the deal because it makes no sense. If we are going to talk about deals people won't do what about Dalton to the Cardinals for 1st overall?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think for people like me it's the fact the Jet's wouldn't do the deal because it makes no sense. If we are going to talk about deals people won't do what about Dalton to the Cardinals for 1st overall?

How about Dalton to the Cardinals for the 1st AND AJ Green to the Jets for the 3rd?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:54 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How about Dalton to the Cardinals for the 1st AND AJ Green to the Jets for the 3rd?

Boom! Super tank mode activated!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think for people like me it's the fact the Jet's wouldn't do the deal because it makes no sense. If we are going to talk about deals people won't do what about Dalton to the Cardinals for 1st overall?

Yea, Jets wouldn't do this deal for sure. But It's the offseason. Let the #hottakes commence. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 11:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Boom! Super tank mode activated!

Let's go all the way man:
Geno Atkins to the 49ers for the 2nd pick.
Carlos Dunlap to the Raiders for the 4th
Who Dey to the Bucs for the 5th
Mike Brown and a year's supply of Wendy's Baconators to the Giants for the 6th
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 10:57 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Everyone saying "you can't replace AJ" well guess what he WILL be replaced someday so getting the best value while getting rid of his high salary may be an option that needs to be considered. "WE NEED CHANGE" has been the battle cry for years on this blog but when change comes the same people kick and scream. There needs to be a different plan than the one that has produced nothing for thirty years.

Uh, tell that to the people that are still whining about getting rid of Whitworth's extremely high salary when he was over 30.... how'd that work out??? We had 1st and 2nd round tackles in place to replace him, and they both busted. Replacing Green is not as easy as some seem to think it would be, especially given our current receiver room....
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's go all the way man:
Geno Atkins to the 49ers for the 2nd pick.
Carlos Dunlap to the Raiders for the 4th
Who Dey to the Bucs for the 5th
Mike Brown and a year's supply of Wendy's Baconators to the Giants for the 6th

I lol'd at the Mike Brown one. He probably isn't any worse than David Gettleman at this point 

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Bryan Wrote: I lol'd at the Mike Brown one. He probably isn't any worse than David Gettleman at this point 

The sad thing is, I was going to do the whole first round, but I ran out ideas by the 6th pick. That's kinda sad. 
Reply/Quote

I agree a deal involving AJ as laid out by Broo wouldn't happen (especially since he left the 11th pick completely out of the equation), but since there's not a lot going on right now...it was just something to discuss. 

As for trading from the 11th spot up to 3, it would be pretty expensive. Last year the Jets traded their #6 pick and three 2nd rounders (one in 2019) to move up to the Colt's #3 spot. 
Reply/Quote
We have pretty terrible WR depth (as usual) and haven't looked at a single WR in free agency.

I wouldn't mind a new QB, but using AJ Green to get him seems akin to shooting your new QB in the foot before you even draft him.

I'd rather sit tight and just take Drew Lock or Daniel Jones, if Zac Taylor wants a QB.

Besides, I don't see AJ Green commanding $20 million...nor do I see the Jets offering up the #3 pick for a 31 year old WR and a junk pick. That's Madden stuff.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We have pretty terrible WR depth (as usual) and haven't looked at a single WR in free agency.

I wouldn't mind a new QB, but using AJ Green to get him seems akin to shooting your new QB in the foot before you even draft him.

I'd rather sit tight and just take Drew Lock or Daniel Jones, if Zac Taylor wants a QB.

Besides, I don't see AJ Green commanding $20 million...nor do I see the Jets offering up the #3 pick for a 31 year old WR and a junk pick. That's Madden stuff.

I don't see AJ getting $20 mill a year either probably between $15-18 mill. I mean don't get me wrong, he's fantastic and deserves every penny that's gone his way thus far, but I don't see him setting the market at this stage in his career.

Reply/Quote