Poll: Would you take a Thug team Super Bowl win if it were possible?
Yes - I would take it
No - I don't want the Front Office to appear vindicated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Would you take a Thug team Superbowl Bengals win if it were possible?
It would be very IRONIC if Marvin and Mike Brown actually pulled off a Super bowl win with the THUG team image being front and center on the team. That in Mike Brown's last few years on earth, he actually "pulls it off" with say Reuben Foster, Joe Mixon, Pac Man Jones, Vontaze Burfict & maybe a few other players with not so good reputations added.
If they did pull it off it would be a form of Vindication for their Front Office.
Overnight, Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis become plastered on TV sets everywhere and are considered Football Geniuses by millions of people Worldwide because they pulled it off.  They do it on the CHEAP as well. Spending as little as possible and defying all of their critics. The International MEDIA would continue to Forever Stamp the City with the THUG Team concept as it relates to the Bengals only it would have had a Super Bowl ending.

Would you take this if it were possible or would you rather the THUG team concept never work for the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
If it means a SuperBowl, I don't care who's on the team...

Give me that SB win!
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
If it means a super bowl win!! I don't care if they cheat ,kill someone or whatever!!
They didn't take anything away from the Pat's when they cheated twice!
So a super bowl win is a super bowl win doesn't matter how you do it!
I don't even care if they're jack up even! Like the 70's teams of the stealers!!
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. As embarrassing as it would be to win a super bowl having that stigma of being "a team full of thugs", it's still just that: a super bowl win. I'd take it in a heartbeat. 

Hell, the steelers have done it a few times and it doesn't bother their fanbase any.
Reply/Quote
With the others, any way this team could get a Superbowl win would be more than fine with me.

Now of course i would much rather do it the right way but that goes without saying.
Reply/Quote
Does THIS answer your question????

Reply/Quote
Even if it means "eating your own words" as Posters.
After all, they "Pull it off" their way.
Thugs, all the Comp Picks they can get and on the CHEAP.
The Mike and Marvin way actually works leaving TENS of THOUSANDS of Posts made on this Board "in the Dust".
They prove the Posts wrong.
Still take it?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: Even if it means "eating your own words" as Posters.
The Mike and Marvin way actually works leaving TENS of THOUSANDS of Posts made on this Board "in the Dust".
Still take it?

If Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis won 5 straight Super Bowls there would still be plenty of members here squealing "It should have been 8 or 10" and "They won IN SPITE OF Giggles not BECAUSE of him" and "I am still mad that we did not draft Steven Jackson."
Reply/Quote
It all depends.

Did the Bengals choose the thug life or did the thug life choose them?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 05:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: Even if it means "eating your own words" as Posters.
Still take it?

I'd eat my words in a heartbeat and take back everything negative I ever said about Marvin and his coaching... 

But I think the odds of any of that ever happening are slim to none. I'd love to be wrong but another thing Marvin is terrible at is proving me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Yes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you have a bunch of guys with questionable character on your team and you win the Super Bowl then your team is praised as having a good locker room and being able to get these guys to clean up their acts. The "questionable" hits on the field suddenly aren't dirty, they instead are called good hard football hits.

The perception of the team changes when it wins, look no further then pitt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If Satan was our QB and we won a SB, I'd buy his jersey. He might live forever but I won't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I refuse to partake in the poll question, as I truly abhor loaded poll questions with conditional responses.

However, I do believe that it is safe to say that virtually all Bengal fans would take a Superbowl win, anyway that they can get it.  As to the "thug team" championship, meh players are players.  So long as they keep their names out of the news for bad behavior, let them play with passion on the field.  In actual life, many of my friends happen to be Steeler fans.  They gave me shit up one side and down the other over Burfict and Jones, after the playoff meltdown.  Telling me that they were such dirty players, etc., etc.  I always look them in the eye and say "If they were on your team, you would love them.".  Response is always the same, they drop their eyes and say "yeah, you're right about that.".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hell for all we know half of the league might be considered "thugs" to us in everyday life. Whatever

Just win a frickin' playoff game. The fans have blue balls. Right now this is the saddest hand job in America.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Everyone thinks this team is a bunch of thugs anyway so what does it matter. This franchise has brought that image on itself over the years. But now that we have some physical players to stand up to the Pittsburgh's of the league ironically it's Pitt who has been pushing that image on us. They got soft and we got a few hits in but now it's dirty to them and the media, but when Pitt plays like that it's just the same ole tough hard nosed Pitt style. So hell yea bring on the thugs if it gets us a SB win. A SB win does wonders for rapist, murderers and cheating organizations.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking that being a 'thug' is a league requirement.  Their very job description is that of thugishness.
You really don't see a lot of touchy feely types in football at any level much less than the NFL. They might as well rename it the National Felons League..
Hell, just look at the sweetheart deals teams get for stadiums. They get tax payers to fund buildings that nobody else gets to use without paying huge fees upfront and half the citizens of any given NFL team don't even like football. They even get a bunch of you to pay for the right to be a walking billboard for them.
We elected a guy who has been doing business with Russian criminals. The Cincinnati Bengals are really low on the list of publicly funded thugs.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 04:30 PM)depthchart Wrote: Would you take this if it were possible or would you rather the THUG team concept never work for the Bengals?

You cannot have a THUG team concept without THUG leadership to provide a THUG mentality. As long as we keep this coaching staff, we will only accomplish some good things in a passive way.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
So accepting the Thugs seems ok with most people.
What about the part mentioned in the two sentences below:
"Overnight, Mike Brown & Marvin Lewis become plastered on TV sets everywhere and are considered Football Geniuses by millions of people Worldwide because they pulled it off.  They do it on the CHEAP as well. Spending as little as possible and defying all of their critics."

Would you want Mike and Marvin to get Vindicated?

For them to become Media "Rock Stars" overnight?

For "their WAY" to Actually work; making their Critics "Eat crow" & them having the "Last Laugh" ?  

Reply/Quote
Well, if you were not a fake news espn coolaid drinker you wouldn't have that idiotic nonsense stuck in your head.
Reply/Quote