Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you want....
(09-01-2015, 10:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: McCarron has already shown he's not that far behind Dalton, so if we go 4-12 with McCarron what's that say about Dalton? 5-11?

(09-01-2015, 10:59 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I am the biggest Dalton critic on this message forum but how and the heck do we know that McCarron isn't that far behind Dalton. For how bad Dalton is, he's a serviceable average to below average starting NFL QB. Macaroni for all we know could be a complete and utter bum.

We know he's not that far behind Dalton because he stepped in with the 1s and the team didn't miss a beat. After one 3 & out which wasn't entirely his fault, it was the McCrackin show. Did you watch the Bears game? Or the Tampa game? He did pretty good in Tampa with the 2s as well on that scoring drive. When has he given any indication that he's going to be a bum? Not in college, practice or preseason for sure. I read an analysis somewhere of his 32 passes so far saying only 4 were bad the rest were either on point or good decisions to throw it away.

And just because we haven't seen him play in the regular season doesn't mean that he's destined to fail. The odds are stacked against him that he'll ever start for sure, but if he ever does, I and a lot of others would be shocked if he turns into a bum. He's proved himself ever step of the way so far. I'm looking forward to him progressing farther. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 03:39 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: We know he's not that far behind Dalton because he stepped in with the 1s and the team didn't miss a beat. After one 3 & out which wasn't entirely his fault, it was the McCrackin show. Did you watch the Bears game? Or the Tampa game? He did pretty good in Tampa with the 2s as well on that scoring drive. When has he given any indication that he's going to be a bum? Not in college, practice or preseason for sure. I read an analysis somewhere of his 32 passes so far saying only 4 were bad the rest were either on point or good decisions to throw it away.

And just because we haven't seen him play in the regular season doesn't mean that he's destined to fail. The odds are stacked against him that he'll ever start for sure, but if he ever does, I and a lot of others would be shocked if he turns into a bum. He's proved himself ever step of the way so far. I'm looking forward to him progressing farther. 

I like AJ and his potential.

But, how about we debate him after he played in a real game against a defense like the Ravens or the Seahawks who actually game planned for our offense and our QB?

There is a major difference in pre-season and the regular season. On offense, we don't game plan and the opposing defense does not game plan against us during pre-season games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote