Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow you are going to love this from Joey B
“ I plan to be here my whole career and hope Zac is as well”

https://youtu.be/K_Vl7I6Bc2s

https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1614419885479854082?s=46&t=jmLwrW9lExvEAvtAymd8UQ
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I mean cool and all but there is nothing else he or anyone with half a brain would say.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: “ I plan to be here my whole career and hope Zac is as well”

https://youtu.be/K_Vl7I6Bc2s

https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1614419885479854082?s=46&t=jmLwrW9lExvEAvtAymd8UQ

LOVE that he gave credit to the front office with drafting, free agency, and claiming guys off waivers!

The fact that he loves Zac so much and thinks so highly of him is so incredible!

Can't wait to see how much the front office does in the offseason to improve the team!

I'm just pumped for tomorrow right now!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I mean cool and all but there is nothing else he or anyone with half a brain would say.

He wasn’t asked about Zac he volunteered it so that would be negatory
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else, but it’s still great to hear.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else, but it’s still great to hear.

Except it wasn’t prompted

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 09:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He wasn’t asked about Zac he volunteered it so that would be negatory

No matter how much Joe says it, some won't lend it any credence. I haven't heard a QB here talk about the HC like that since Boomer and Sam....and vice versa. Sam always said his offense wouldn't have been as successful without a mind like Boomer had. I think we have a similar dynamic now, and hopefully the FO is smart enough to realize this. There will be rebuilding years, but stay the course.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
QB central casting.. He looked like he just fell off a box of Star QB cereal or something..  Where's Wheaties when you need em? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No matter how much Joe says it, some won't lend it any credence. I haven't heard a QB here talk about the HC like that since Boomer and Sam....and vice versa. Sam always said his offense wouldn't have been as successful without a mind like Boomer had. I think we have a similar dynamic now, and hopefully the FO is smart enough to realize this. There will be rebuilding years, but stay the course.

But now their comments will ring hollow for 95% of the fans.. They’ll just look stupid

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But now their comments will ring hollow for 95% of the fans.. They’ll just look stupid

They shouldn't ring hollow. 12 wins this year is huge and I feel like the team left meat on the bone. This could be a perennial 12-14 game winner.

Zac and company have improved and adapted. They started terrible, but to their credit...adapted. I'll freely admit that.

I used to be in the camp that Burrow made Zac, but I'm not anymore. Look at the start of the year. Offense looked terrible, then they adjusted so coaching matters.

Also, look at how other can't miss QBs like Trevor Lawrence play. He's good, but he's not at Burrows level. Coaching matters.

And the front office...it feels like every move they make turns out good. Whatever changes they've made, worked.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But now their comments will ring hollow for 95% of the fans.. They’ll just look stupid

Well over 95% of fans aren't Bengal lifers.. Face it..we're *special ...even the slow bus variety.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They shouldn't ring hollow. 12 wins this year is huge and I feel like the team left meat on the bone. This could be a perennial 12-14 game winner.

Zac and company have improved and adapted. They started terrible, but to their credit...adapted. I'll freely admit that.

I used to be in the camp that Burrow made Zac, but I'm not anymore. Look at the start of the year. Offense looked terrible, then they adjusted so coaching matters.

Also, look at how other can't miss QBs like Trevor Lawrence play. He's good, but he's not at Burrows level. Coaching matters.

And the front office...it feels like every move they make turns out good. Whatever changes they've made, worked.

Never mind that in the last 30 NFL games only KC +2 and Buffalo +1 have more wins.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They shouldn't ring hollow. 12 wins this year is huge and I feel like the team left meat on the bone. This could be a perennial 12-14 game winner.

I feel like you've nailed it here. I had more faith in Zac than the average member here, but I certainly won't pretend I had the faith that Sled had.

When I look at our schedule, how the season started this year, I am firmly in the retain Zac camp. I said at the onset of last year, it's make or break. They made it. I think this year might be more impressive. Especially with how the team showed its depth. That depth, to me, points to coaching. 

Reply/Quote
Them shoes though
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Them shoes though

House slippers?  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They shouldn't ring hollow. 12 wins this year is huge and I feel like the team left meat on the bone. This could be a perennial 12-14 game winner.

You're damn right.

The Woman looks horrific tonight and Pederson isn't putting him in good spots either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Its just nice to be taken seriously as a franchise especially with Bal and Pittsburgh in the same division.
Im definitely not an Andy Dalton basher, and I appreciate him making us competitive but lets face it; No one took the Bengals seriously even with 5 straight playoff appearances.

Burrow is just a different cat, literally. Zac Taylor had a rough start but you cant say that he hasnt improved every year as a coach. He has Sam Wyche like brain farts sometimes but it is to better to try and fail sometimes than to play to lose which it seemed we often did in those days.

Its just nice to wake up on Sundays and feel like we are going to win instead of just hoping for the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're damn right.

The Woman looks horrific tonight and Pederson isn't putting him in good spots either.

Woman? Come on now Truck....lol. Sunshine is a gamer. They'll be a tough out in the years to come. It's not his, nor the team's fault Urban Meyer was a dumpster fire.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:25 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Woman? Come on now Truck....lol. Sunshine is a gamer. They'll be a tough out in the years to come. It's not his, nor the team's fault Urban Meyer was a dumpster fire.

He's not Burrow, never will be.

And I don't think he's awful, but I said from day one (not searching for the post now) that he will have a middling-above average career.

I don't forsee him EVER being as bad as last year.

ANd I call him the woman because he looks like one LOL all the way down to the cheekbones.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's not Burrow, never will be.

And I don't think he's awful, but I said from day one (not searching for the post now) that he will have a middling-above average career.

I don't forsee him EVER being as bad as last year.

ANd I call him the woman because he looks like one LOL all the way down to the cheekbones.

That's because you're from Canada. American women don't look like that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote