Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow.
(01-10-2016, 05:28 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Tell you what bud, why don't you tell us where your lawn is, and well drop off all kinds of things on it.

I'm sure you would....because bungal fans will blame everything but the real reasons they lost

You always knew this was going to happen.  Lose with dignity.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:24 AM)treee Wrote: It actually wasnt. Helmet to helmet on a runner is still a personal foul if it isn't between the hashes. They changed the rule a year or two ago.

So ignoring all of the other back and forth that occurred on this, I read the rule after you mentioned this because I had never heard of it before. I think why the penalty was not called, and why it isn't called often, is the wording of the rule.

Quote: ARTICLE 8. INITIATING CONTACT WITH THE CROWN OF THE HELMET. It is a foul if a runner or tackler initiates forcible contact by delivering a blow with the top/crown of his helmet against an opponent when both players are clearly outside the tackle box (an area extending from tackle to tackle and from three yards beyond the line of scrimmage to the offensive team’s end line). Incidental contact by the helmet of a runner or tackler against an opponent shall not be a foul. Note: The tackle box no longer exists once the ball leaves the tackle box.

The note at the end, I think, causes some problems. Does the lack of a tackle box mean no call because there is no tackle box to be outside of? Because that is how that can be interpreted. I don't know the real deal here, but I think that may cause some problems in ambiguity. Also, the first PF on a defenseless that was called against the Bengals was wrong, he was a runner.

All of that being said, there was plenty of time between those plays to make u for it and many more mistakes were made that sealed the deal more than those two as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:11 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Do you really think Steelers fans are going to admit anything about the calls that were made.

The NFL is the new Big Time Wresting.

Announced by Phil Simms

Technical Direction by Mike Carey

Straight Man played by Roger Goedell

Lose of Credability played by The NFL and Their Refs

Screen Play writen by Whatever Makes Us the Most Money

Well Harrison did say the Burfict hit was not a penalty
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:41 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm sure you would....because bungal fans will blame everything but the real reasons they lost

You always knew this was going to happen.  Lose with dignity.

Look at that false bravado, exactly what I'd expect from a guy that rides that bandwagon. Gets called out, and backs down then talks about dignity and wants to toss out cute 3rd grade words like Bungal. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well Harrison did say the Burfict hit was not a penalty

And his opinion of what is and is not a penalty is your gold standard now, huh?  There's a first time for everything, I guess. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Look at that false bravado, exactly what I'd expect from a guy that rides that bandwagon. Gets called out, and backs down then talks about dignity and wants to toss out cute 3rd grade words like Bungal. 

Don't be too hard on him. He definitely knows all about being a loser in life, but nothing about dignity.  

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:46 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: And his opinion of what is and is not a penalty is your gold standard now, huh?  There's a first time for everything, I guess. 

He didn't say it wasn't a penalty. He said, by rule, it was but he doesn't think it should be. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  wants to toss out cute 3rd grade words like Bungal. 

Many of your fans here read and write on the 3rd grade level....and 'bungals' is not capitalized unless beginning a sentence.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Many of your fans here read and write on the 3rd grade level....and 'bungals' is not capitalized unless beginning a sentence.

Hmm..still posting not stepping up. What a surprise.  Whatever

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hmm..still posting not stepping up. What a surprise.  Whatever

Step up to what?  I posted for years in the smack forum on the old board - something you probably don't know if you yourself are actually a bandwagoner new to Smack.  It got tiresome, because you guys are terrible at smack and CIN never wins anything relevant.  It got boring because you guys started agreeing that you'd never win anything with Marv and the red bb gun, and that your team chokes.

LMAO, like apparently you're going with the trite "bandwagon" smack.  How originally droll.

Like Marv said, CIN is not PIT rival.
Reply/Quote
I don't blame anything on the refs, but the Shazier hit wasn't incidental contact. That was full blown head on. The Jeremy Hill fumble was the death blow. He and Vontaze are welcome to find new teams. I know our LBs outside Burfict blow, but if you can't control yourself in that situation, you never will.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't blame anything on the refs, but the Shazier hit wasn't incidental contact.  That was full blown head on.  The Jeremy Hill fumble was the death blow. He and Vontaze are welcome to find new teams.  I know our LBs outside Burfict blow, but if you can't control yourself in that situation, you never will.

The Hill fumble was the turning point...but I don't fault him as much.  Shazier made a great play to rip it out.

Burfict and Jones should never see the field in Cincinnati again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote