Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YES!!! Bengals flexed out of Primetime!!
(11-08-2022, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Saw them open for GnR back in 16 at PBS. I became a fan. They were damn good.

Tyler jams and what a great show that must have been opening for GnR. 

Caught GnR several times but those shows were 30 years ago lol. 

For $17 a ticket this show is a steal and the Zanzabar is not real big, so will definitely have a great view too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not too excited personally, as it might mean I can no longer watch this locally and will instead have to go pay for food/drinks at a bar to watch the game yet again, but I won't know that until we see the TV maps that week.

NFL needs to get their new streaming deal in place so I can buy that without having to pay for s***y DirecTV or do a janky illegal stream lol.

I’ve been streaming out of town for many many years, and I can tell you the quality this year is far and above what I’ve seen previously. Last few I’ve had to resort to have been clean all the way through. Still a bit of a delay, but that’s to be expected. VPN is key
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 05:22 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Well clearly no one could say definitively, so speculation.

I could see CIN @ TEN being flexed as two top teams in the AFC (no idea who else could be slated) or BAL @ CIN being a AFCN crown game.

BAL's not being flexed. There is no SNF in Week 18.

For the record, I already looked at the schedule. I didn't just pick TEN and CLE out of the sky. As far as I can tell, they are the only two possibilities- and not even that "possible".

BAL in Week 18 = no SNF.
BUF in Week 17 = already prime-time.
NE in Week 16 = Christmas Eve day. No flexing there.
TB in Week 15 = Bucs already have their five.
CLE in Week 14 = "possible".
KC in Week 13 = Chiefs now have their five.
TEN in Week 12 = "possible".

That's it. Unless TB or KC get flexed out between now and two weeks before our games with them, the only even theoretical possibilities are TEN and CLE. It's not like last year where there were a few options (I remember SF, LAC and KC looking tasty down the stretch). Yet none of those materialized.

So it's not happening. Don't worry about it. We'll get our prime-time games in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Good
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:44 PM)M.W. Wrote: Good

Our record in prime-time games is horrible, so I'm just fine with it being a late afternoon 4:25 kickoff.  Drink a few ice cold beers with a good meal and get to bed on time. Who Dey!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 04:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Just win.

Baby.

[Image: 4f7d78173eb5222f5a8f884e257a6413.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:29 PM)tms Wrote: BAL's not being flexed. There is no SNF in Week 18.

For the record, I already looked at the schedule. I didn't just pick TEN and CLE out of the sky. As far as I can tell, they are the only two possibilities- and not even that "possible".

BAL in Week 18 = no SNF.
BUF in Week 17 = already prime-time.
NE in Week 16 = Christmas Eve day. No flexing there.
TB in Week 15 = Bucs already have their five.
CLE in Week 14 = "possible".
KC in Week 13 = Chiefs now have their five.
TEN in Week 12 = "possible".

That's it. Unless TB or KC get flexed out between now and two weeks before our games with them, the only even theoretical possibilities are TEN and CLE. It's not like last year where there were a few options (I remember SF, LAC and KC looking tasty down the stretch). Yet none of those materialized.

So it's not happening. Don't worry about it. We'll get our prime-time games in the playoffs.

Unless it was changed this year, the Charger Raiders game was later last year. I thought it was SNF but could have just been 4:25 game. If I am wrong, thank you for opening my eyes
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 08:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Baby.

[Image: 4f7d78173eb5222f5a8f884e257a6413.jpg]

Nick Cage has turned into Al Davis.

[Image: th?id=OIP.TPCW2xvAqRZlNwfj6Dn3ZQHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:24 PM)pally Wrote: Chargers play Sunday night 2 weeks in a row

Gotta keep pretending the Chargers are relevant.

Wish they moved it to 1:00 but 4:20 beats 8:20
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 07:29 PM)tms Wrote: BAL's not being flexed. There is no SNF in Week 18.

False.

(11-08-2022, 08:51 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Unless it was changed this year, the Charger Raiders game was later last year. I thought it was SNF but could have just been 4:25 game. If I am wrong, thank you for opening my eyes

Indeed it was SNF; there is no *MNF*, in the final week.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:29 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Do we get a replacement night game flex? Ravens, Chiefs, Titans?
Last game with the ravens is already a tbd flex
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 05:10 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That's impressive considering they are 5-4 right now.

(11-08-2022, 05:13 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Oops, meant 0-4.

As a side, are people rooting for the Browns this week? They play the Dolphins. I'd rather not see the Browns mount a comeback, but I'd like to see the Dolphins start dropping some games here. I think the Browns win. 

Hmm. So it takes you 1 minute to point out a small error in my post, but it’s been several hours and you/nobody responds to my question about the browns/dolphins game. Kids these days. Hopefully our society will learn/evolve at some point. We’re losing the niceties for sure.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: False.

Indeed it was SNF; there is no *MNF*, in the final week.

Yeah, I was checking this link: https://www.nfl.com/schedules/sunday-night-football/. It didn't have a game listed for Week 18. But it turns out you're correct. There will be an SNF game on Jan 8. 

What I think is disconcerting is doing all that research in response to an innocuous question, and only getting negative feedback lol. I even did more than I listed: I checked to see which SNF games were left on the docket as potential flex-out options (GB@PHI, IND@DAL, KC@DEN, NE@LV... maybe, TB@ARZ) and whether KC and TB could move around even if they wanted to (they each have one left, so it's unlikely but not impossible; the league would have to start playing musical chairs almost right away in an unprecedented impractical fashion for it to happen- but it's not impossible, per se). Yet despite listing all the information and doing a thorough analysis of the games remaining, it was just the one detail that was not technically true that drew a response; and a snarky one at that. It really is remarkable. Sign of the times.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 10:52 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Hmm. So it takes you 1 minute to point out a small error in my post, but it’s been several hours and you/nobody responds to my question about the browns/dolphins game. Kids these days. Hopefully our society will learn/evolve at some point. We’re losing the niceties for sure.

Can't speak for cinci4life but my alerts only notify me about 20% of the time when someone quotes me with a response. 

Hate that because I always want to reply back when someone does so, but not sure I always do per not knowing at times.

Yet guess if I responded and corrected somebody would probably check back and probably they still will.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL moved the Chiefs-Chargers game to the Sunday night slot.  Bengals-Steelers move to 4:25

Are we the only fanbase who gets excited when we lose a primetime game?

That F'n sucks ass!
Reply/Quote
Noooooooooooo!!!!!

Family vacation from Nov 13 bye to Nov 20 SNF 8:30[formerly]

I thought I would be able to watch SNF game when I came back at 5:00pm BOOOO!!!!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 01:00 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Can't speak for cinci4life but my alerts only notify me about 20% of the time when someone quotes me with a response. 

Hate that because I always want to reply back when someone does so, but not sure I always do per not knowing at times.

Yet guess if I responded and corrected somebody would probably check back and probably they still will.

Oh it's all good. I just think it is an interesting microcosm of our society. People are quick to point out mistakes, and so focused on arguing these days.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2022, 12:53 AM)tms Wrote: it was just the one detail that was not technically true that drew a response; and a snarky one at that. It really is remarkable. Sign of the times.

Simply stating, "false," is snark?

Really?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: The NFL moved the Chiefs-Chargers game to the Sunday night slot.  Bengals-Steelers move to 4:25

As someone who gets up at 5 AM for work i cant stay up to watch Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games so i like this news.
Reply/Quote

Sweet!  I hate late games.  Can barely make it to halftime without falling asleep.  lol.
Reply/Quote