Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, it is a loss...but....
I am proud of the way this team fought. Not trying to make excuses. If I wanted to do that, I would be complaining about the officiating (which sucked). Traveling several time zones on a short week is very, very tough. Dalton didn't force stupid passes in the face of that massive pass rush. His #1 receiver was nonexistent (again), but he was able to put up 31 points against a very good defense in a hostile environment.

Marvin and AJ dropped balls that could have won the game, but it just wasn't meant to be tonight. Hats off to Dalton. He played outstanding in the face of that pass rush.

I'm not happy, but I think the team showed a toughness that I didn't see the previous week against the Texans. I will take that kind of effort.

Now, to get back in the W column against the Rams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
:snark:
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed the 8-0, but I still hold judgement until I see a playoff win. I don't care about tough fought losses, great effort, or close calls. If this team goes 14-2 and loses in the first round, the season wasn't worth a damn.
Reply/Quote
Right now we need to somehow get win #9. With these goobers I wouldn't be too sure we beat the Rams.
Reply/Quote
I wish we had pacman for this game.
Reply/Quote
They made this game much closer than I expected, but still loss.

Hate the pass to aj at the end rather than just run for the first and then run time trying to get in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:04 AM)Froob Wrote: I wish we had pacman for this game.

Me too. Just like with Andre last week, he was definitely missed.

Hope he is back soon. 
Reply/Quote
It's one thing to lose a game where you are outplayed or you have less talent. It's totally another to give a game away because of basic coaching errors.

Yes AZ is a good team.

But we were in a perfect position to win. And that 3rd and 2 call in that situation with them having no TOs was minor league coaching.

You want to be an elite team. Win games like this. Don't give them away because your coaching staff has no clue how to manage game situations.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:11 AM)matmaven Wrote: It's one thing to lose a game where you are outplayed or you have less talent.  It's totally another to give a game away because of basic coaching errors.

Yes AZ is a good team.

But we were in a perfect position to win.  And that 3rd and 2 call in that situation with them having no TOs was minor league coaching.

You want to be an elite team. Win games like this. Don't give them away because your coaching staff has no clue how to manage game situations.
I hear ya....This is the bane of the a Bengals' existence.  Sad
Reply/Quote
This thread in a nutshell:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-10-12-at-11.57.58-AM.png]

[Image: 0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't give a shit about the way we played, when the referees completely screw us over with that horseshit call.

I don't give a shit if the team gives up a 40 point lead in a half, you do NOT make a completely horseshit call and **** the team over. It shows blatant favouritism and serious unprofessionalism.

A flagrant foul or an offside? Absolutely, completely our fault. But you're standing 10 yards away, with a guy who has a soft voice, with his 330 pound torso and ass standing between you and him and you are 100% sure that he's, "making calls to draw the team into a foul?"

When the game is decided on bullshit like that, who cares about a stupid call on 3rd and 2 or a fumble or anything.

Really disappointed and saddened that after putting forth great effort to extend the game, WITH momentum on their side, its thrust away because of hearsay and just massive unprofessionalism.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't give a shit about the way we played, when the referees completely screw us over with that horseshit call.

I don't give a shit if the team gives up a 40 point lead in a half, you do NOT make a completely horseshit call and **** the team over. It shows blatant favouritism and serious unprofessionalism.

A flagrant foul or an offside? Absolutely, completely our fault. But you're standing 10 yards away, with a guy who has a soft voice, with his 330 pound torso and ass standing between you and him and you are 100% sure that he's, "making calls to draw the team into a foul?"

When the game is decided on bullshit like that, who cares about a stupid call on 3rd and 2 or a fumble or anything.

Really disappointed and saddened that after putting forth great effort to extend the game, WITH momentum on their side, its thrust away because of hearsay and just massive unprofessionalism.

Exactly....EFFIN BULLS**T
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't give a shit about the way we played, when the referees completely screw us over with that horseshit call.

Yep.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This team needs to play all 3 quarters. This whole finally pulling it together in the 4th isn't gonna cut it nor is it acceptable.
Reply/Quote
What do Marvin Lewis and Tom Coughlin have in common?

Both perennial underachievers who look clueless during games and have cost their teams victories with ridiculous clock management failures in the last two weeks.

How do you not run the ball on 3rd and 2 with a minute to play and the opposition having no timeouts remaining?

The sickening thing is that if Dalton had handed the ball off on the exact play they ran, Gio would have picked up at least 5 yards.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Dennard isn't that seriously hurt and we can get Pacman back quickly. It's frustrating that we lost but this team has everything you win a championship.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

They were already in field goal range. That is why they elected to take a knee on 2nd down and was going to spike it on 3rd. I don't blame Peko...he knew the game was lost already. Just trying to win it...if you are not cheating your not trying. 
Reply/Quote
I don't normally like to be a complain about the ref guy but.....

Josh Brown is screaming down the sideline with no intentions of going out and gets past a couple of our guys before getting knocked out and Dennard trying to get over incase he gets by some more accidently bumps into him and personal foul. I can live with that call unless you leave the flag in your pocket when AJ Green gets a blatant helmet to helmet, Gio Bernard gets rolled and held on his head(having to leave for a play or two), Gio gets hit out of bounds while running out and again has to take a play or two off.

Also their DB's were pretty hands on. They called a few of them but really they were pretty physical all the way downfield. Like when Marvin Jones got the coming back inbounds penalty, well you were right there to see how he stepped out and he was well beyond 5 yards downfield. Peterson was arm baring Green on the deep try down the sideline, etc etc etc. Ok were letting them play physical....unless your DreK and your man slips and falls by himself then it's flag time.

All in all, hard fought close game. The Cards probably played a little better but they gotta little help from the zebras, a little help being at home, and a little help from us not killing some clock.
Reply/Quote
I don't make predictions. But I'm gonna make one now...

We see the Cards again this season.

Shocked
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 02:49 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't make predictions. But I'm gonna make one now...

We see the Cards again this season.

Shocked

Yes, on TV next weekend.  Tongue

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote