Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You F'in Kidding, NFL Network?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000678162/Predicting-Bengals-2016-wins-and-losses

They pick the Bengals to start 1-5 and end up 7-9.

It's like they haven't watched them play football for the last five years.

Heath Evans says 7-9, the other guy says 8-8. Either way I don't see how that can possibly be a realistic projection. Heath Evans talks about other teams defenses multiple times while giving the Bengals an L. As if they are better somehow?

Am I missing something? This is the regular season we're talking about, not the postseason (or just primetime games), so why would anyone bet against the Bengals making the playoffs?

- - - - -
Apparently I needed a reminder of why sparsely check that site/channel.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some people, you just can't reach.......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 02:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Some people, you just can't reach.......

In case you were wondering... They predict the Steelers to go 13-3 and the Ravens to go 10-6. True story. (They haven't done the Browns yet.)

This is why you don't name your children Elliott or Heath, people.

- - - - - - - - -

EDIT: I forgot this is the same guy who for his mid-season division winner picks, STILL chose the 4-4 Steelers (who had a loss to the Bengals) over the 8-0 Bengals for AFC North champs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572805/article/2015-nfl-midseason-predictions-afc-wild-card-race-heating-up

Even Ike-Freaking-Taylor chose the Bengals. Heath was the only one not to pick the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No.1, Heath Evans is a tool. I've seen the other guy, but don't know much about him.

These guys are mostly ex-players, with lots of bias, not much professionalism. Daniel Jeremiah and Solomon Wilcots are the best they have to offer in my opinion, but I also like Charles Davis.

There is still a lot of Bengal hate out there, from previous years of poor performance and shoddy operations. We've come a long way, and have performed better on the field, and better in the front office for a good six or seven years, but can't seem to shake our image from the past. I think it'll take a playoff win to really escape that.

We also are suffering from a demographic problem. They're looking for ratings, as they have to, and the big numbers are in New York, L.A., Dallas, Philadelphia, etc. So we never get as much coverage. It's frustrating, but until we command more coverage through playoff success, it will probably continue.
Reply/Quote
I predicted 7-9 back in May.

I love the team, the roster, and even have (in general) come around on the coaching staff. But the NFL is not setup for the same teams to be successful every year. Unless your the Patriots beating up the WORST division in football over a 16 year span, or the Packers, whose division isn't very strong, only one other team has gone to the playoffs as constantly as the Bengals and that's Denver.

Oh, and Baltimore also has 5 in a row recently. But that's not a positive in this conversation because those MFers are in the Bengals division. Along with the Steelers!

The Bengals have an incredibly weak schedule, but a brutal (IMO) home/away mix, plus prime time... which is always a boom or bust night for them.

I just have a bad juju feeling over this whole season. 7-9 isn't crazy considering the division, home/away schedule and the fact that they've had so much regular season success. I think that this year it will be injuries.

Or, F-me and they'll go 13-3 or something. We can only hope!
Reply/Quote
Did you not see the last playoff game we played in?  It was against the steAlers.  How did that turn out for us?  That's right, we got screwed by the NFL and their refs and we came out of that game looking like the big bad bullies by the media. The steAlers can do no wrong, while we are the ones vilified. Hence the Burfict suspension this year.  Oh, you were watching the NFL network?  a media source entirely ran by the same NFL that screwed us?  Why is this surprising?  All year long we are going to be vilified in the media for what we "did" to the steAlers in that playoff game. 

Suck it up buttercup.  We're in for a LONG year. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Did you not see the last playoff game we played in?  It was against the steAlers.  How did that turn out for us?  That's right, we got screwed by the NFL and their refs and we came out of that game looking like the big bad bullies by the media. The steAlers can do no wrong, while we are the ones vilified. Hence the Burfict suspension this year.  Oh, you were watching the NFL network?  a media source entirely ran by the same NFL that screwed us?  Why is this surprising?  All year long we are going to be vilified in the media for what we "did" to the steAlers in that playoff game. 

Suck it up buttercup.  We're in for a LONG year. 

How did the NFL screw the Bengals?

Posts like this are the ones we see on other message boards and make fun of them for. Don't be "That Guy", man! LMAO  The season hasn't even started yet. Who cares what these guys are saying. They need air time and we need bull ISH to watch. Nothing more, nothing less. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: How did the NFL screw the Bengals?

Posts like this are the ones we see on other message boards and make fun of them for. Don't be "That Guy", man! LMAO  The season hasn't even started yet. Who cares what these guys are saying. They need air time and we need bull ISH to watch. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Meh.....that officiating crew certainly did us no favors.....

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh.....that officiating crew certainly did us no favors.....

You know, that's fair. The Bryant TD was a tough call. That one sticks out badly.

I also thought the Steelers had some calls against them that were fortunate judgement calls for the Bengals. Nothing like that TD, though.

In the end, regardless, the Bengals literally had the ball in their hands and the Steelers took it. That's on the players and coaches. Not the officials at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You know, that's fair. The Bryant TD was a tough call. That one sticks out badly.

I also thought the Steelers had some calls against them that were fortunate judgement calls for the Bengals. Nothing like that TD, though.

In the end, regardless, the Bengals literally had the ball in their hands and the Steelers took it. That's on the players and coaches. Not the officials at all.

Agree with that, they had it won, Hill coughed it up, then all hell broke loose.

The calls that stick out to me were the TD you alluded to, the hit on Bernard, no call on "Jerry" Porter, and the call on Shawn Williams for a completely clean hit.  In the instance of Jerry Porter, if he gets flagged instantly, as he should have, the argument could be made that he offsets Burfict, and Pacman never approaches him to draw a flag.  Then, you have an impossible FG with a wounded QB.  It was an ugly night all around for both teams, the officials, and some fans.

Reply/Quote
Here you guys go.

[Image: WYHLyGK.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agree with that, they had it won, Hill coughed it up, then all hell broke loose.

The calls that stick out to me were the TD you alluded to, the hit on Bernard, no call on "Jerry" Porter, and the call on Shawn Williams for a completely clean hit.  In the instance of Jerry Porter, if he gets flagged instantly, as he should have, the argument could be made that he offsets Burfict, and Pacman never approaches him to draw a flag.  Then, you have an impossible FG with a wounded QB.  It was an ugly night all around for both teams, the officials, and some fans.

I agree with all of this.  ^^^^  Especially the bold. 

But hey.....we are villains in all this, so its ok in the NFL's eyes.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:49 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I agree with all of this.  ^^^^  Especially the bold. 

But hey.....we are villains in all this, so its ok in the NFL's eyes.

I'm ok with the Bengals being the villain for a little while. I actually love it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 04:00 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm ok with the Bengals being the villain for a little while. I actually love it.

I agree to a certain extent.  I want a Burfict jersey pretty bad.  He's turned into one of my favorite players to watch!

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 02:52 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I just have a bad juju feeling over this whole season.

Fortunately, fans "bad feelings/juju/gut/funny feeling", et.al., has never amounted to jack shit--positive or negative--in the history of ever, ever. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Watch the video where Heath and Elliott pick the Steelers It makes one want to toss cookies.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 04:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fortunately, fans "bad feelings/juju/gut/funny feeling", et.al., has never amounted to jack shit--positive or negative--in the history of ever, ever. 

This just in.... Water's wet!  Hilarious

Thank God my feelings on the season don't ACTUALLY translate onto the field, huh?

EDIT:

Wait a second. This guy nailed it a few times....

[Image: zOWspvR.png]
Reply/Quote
Elliot Harrison and Heath Evans are morons. I trashed them on my youtube channel.

There is absolutely no way we lose to the Browns or Ravens this year. They also ignore the fact that the Bengals have a very good home record the past two years. I think these guys have mental problems!
Reply/Quote
The thing about that NFL Network video is, I'm not gonna watch it.

Reply/Quote
Fitz is going to choke with his new contract, and not to mention that he sucks under pressure, which our D will bring plenty of and his beard will obstruct his view. That's a W.

8-8.

Denver in the Jungle when they're starting who-the-hell-knows at QB? That's an easy W.

9-7.

Buffalo will be garbage. Tyrod Tailer blows and their front 7 lacks anything right now, which could change because it's Rex Ryan,

10-6

We won't lose to Philly in the Jungle. They're complete garbage and will be in rebuilding mode while they wait to start Wentz at QB.

11-5

Going to Dallas might be tough just because they look like they have a solid offense, but their defense will suck and they seem to play worse at home, oddly.

12-4

Loss at Cleveland? Hilarious

13-3.

I do think they're wrong about us losing in Houston because Lamar Miller and Brock are the real deal. I could be wrong and Brock could flop, but I'll give us a L there.

12-4

Ravens in the Jungle in week 17 and they think we'll lose? Rolleyes Ravens are old in some key places and coming off injuries, so there's no way they're healthy enough to beat us in week 17.

13-3.

There's where they were wrong and that's why we should be in the hunt for a bye week 1 of the playoffs.

You saw it here first ThumbsUp

Rock On
Reply/Quote