Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Guys are A Bunch of Babies
I could really give a flying fart about the social media nonsense and what other fans of other teams think.
'OH! The Bengals are all bad guys!' 
So? That and two dollars and seventy five cents won't even get you a really crappy cup of Dennys coffee and certainly won't win you any games. 
As far as whining about all these non-issues feel free to whine all day long and call me an insensitive boob.. I embrace my insensitive boobedness..  in fact I'm inviting all you grammar Nazis to question my personal use of boobedness.. I hope it becomes a household word. 

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-29-2017, 10:18 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The only issue I have with the Mixon pick is that I think Dalvin Cook will be better and the Bengals could have grabbed him without trading.

That said, Mixon is still a stud and they were smart to trade down and get that extra 4th rounder since nobody else was going to grab him.

The fact that they took Mixon over cook speaks VOLUMES. If anyone will be trouble for a team going forward it'll be cook.

(04-29-2017, 10:03 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm not going to take one isolated incident and use it to tarnish someone who otherwise looks very promising.

The most productive and influential people that ever lived--not just in football, but life in general--have skeletons in their closet.

So when you guys are done drinking the mob justice kool-aid and crying about "MUH PUBLIC IMAGE" (This is especially amusing, because there's no winning with most people anyway) we can appreciate the value we got last night.

Also, it's time we move on from Hill.

Remind me to take you out for a beer sometime.  Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
I would have taken Cook also. Hopefully Cook isn't another Steven Jackson.
(04-29-2017, 11:34 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: The fact that they took Mixon over cook speaks VOLUMES. If anyone will be trouble for a team going forward it'll be cook.

They didn't take Mixon over cook, they took "trade back" over both of them. Vikings took Cook over Mixon and I'll take Spielman and Zim as better judges of character than Mike and Marv...
I'm still waiting for the media to point out any other player on the Cincinnati Bengals that is routinely caught up in off-the-field issues not named Adam Jones. Meanwhile, let's continue to ignore all of the charitable work done by Dalton, Green, Dunlap, and other Bengals who are active in the Cincinnati community. Yep. Nothing but a bunch of thugs and problem children all right.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(04-29-2017, 11:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They didn't take Mixon over cook, they took "trade back" over both of them. Vikings took Cook over Mixon and I'll take Spielman and Zim as better judges of character than Mike and Marv...

You don't think when the Vikings called them to move up that we didn't make them tell is who they were moving up to take? If they wanted cook they would have told Minnesota to kick rocks and then picked him at 41. They traded back because they were VERY confident Mixon would still be there at 48. Make no mistake, Mixon was their target.

Cook will be a train wreck off the field.

(04-29-2017, 11:41 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: You don't think when the Vikings called them to move up that we didn't make them tell is who they were moving up to take? If they wanted cook they would have told Minnesota to kick rocks and then picked him at 41. They traded back because they were VERY confident Mixon would still be there at 48. Make no mistake, Mixon was their target.

Cook will be a train wreck off the field.

I agree. ML said a wile back he felt their was a Elliott in this draft, my guess is he was talking about Mixon
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 11:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree. ML said a wile back he felt their was a Elliott in this draft, my guess is he was talking about Mixon

Maybe...although reports are that Mixon was their third rated back, so could it be fournette? Either way, I think we got a good one. Could be our laveon bell but with healthy knees.

(04-29-2017, 11:44 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree. ML said a wile back he felt their was a Elliott in this draft, my guess is he was talking about Mixon

That was my guess from the start. Cook will not be better than Mixon. 
I like Mixon way more than cook tbh. I like mixon better than fournette as well tho Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Calling out those that don't like the pick? Typical Bungle fans.

That said, I let myself down last night by actually caring about the Slugger pick. But after sleeping it off, I've come back to my senses and realized I really dont care. Team isn't going to do anything anyways, so what's it matter. We still have the worst owner in the league, a head coach that can't win in the playoffs and has a horrible track record of big-time games. And as much as I like Andy as a person and a qb, he still hasnt figured out how to win the big games inspite of Marvin and others.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-29-2017, 11:56 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Calling out those that don't like the pick? Typical Bungle fans.

That said, I let myself down last night by actually caring about the Slugger pick. But after sleeping it off, I've come back to my senses and realized I really dont care. Team isn't going to do anything anyways, so what's it matter. We still have the worst owner in the league, a head coach that can't win in the playoffs and has a horrible track record of big-time games. And as much as I like Andy as a person and a qb, he still hasnt figured out how to win the big games inspite of Marvin and others.

That's the spirit! Welcome back, crybaby!

Get ready for this. I like Mixon better than Zeke !

(04-29-2017, 10:03 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm not going to take one isolated incident and use it to tarnish someone who otherwise looks very promising.

The most productive and influential people that ever lived--not just in football, but life in general--have skeletons in their closet.

So when you guys are done drinking the mob justice kool-aid and crying about "MUH PUBLIC IMAGE" (This is especially amusing, because there's no winning with most people anyway) we can appreciate the value we got last night.

Also, it's time we move on from Hill.

Ray Rice is on the phone, he wants you to be his agent
(04-29-2017, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals are like Donald Trump when it comes to media bias. Trump could cure cancer and the press would chastise him for not figuring out a cure that was free. The journalism in politics and sports is no loner trustworthy, it is biased at every turn so I don't trust any of them.

My point is we will never win over the media. Case in point, The Raiders draft a 1st round corner accused of raping a woman. Steve Wyche gives a warm fuzzy article about how the Raiders fully vetted the incident and know he is innocent. He even stated they interviewed people not only just in favor of Conley, but friends and relatives of the woman. I call BS on part 2 as no way those people are going to side with Conley within a month of the incident.

Then the Bengals draft Mixon and the claws come out. I know we had some incidents over a decade ago with Chris Henry and recent with Jones, but overall this team has been fairly clean when compared to others. Let's take the Steelers who have a QB accused multiple times of sexual assault (but crickets since he is a star and and Steeler), A WR who gets suspended for drugs (Holmes), A start RB who gets suspended for drugs (Bell), a WR who gets suspended not once, but 2 times for drugs (Bryant).

But, the Bengals will always be the criminals and teams like the Steelers will always be protected by the NFL and the media. So, I say this...............SCREW THEM, I don't care about the media, I don't care about other fans (in fact, I don't respect or like most fans of other teams).

My early vote for Post of the Year.

Well said, sir.
(04-29-2017, 11:56 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Calling out those that don't like the pick? Typical Bungle fans.

That said, I let myself down last night by actually caring about the Slugger pick. But after sleeping it off, I've come back to my senses and realized I really dont care. Team isn't going to do anything anyways, so what's it matter. We still have the worst owner in the league, a head coach that can't win in the playoffs and has a horrible track record of big-time games. And as much as I  like Andy as a person and a qb, he still hasnt figured out how to win the big games inspite of Marvin and others.

WOHAHAHA! I want to swim in your tears 

[Image: emo-77363212069.jpeg]

(04-29-2017, 11:37 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would have taken Cook also.  Hopefully Cook isn't another Steven Jackson.

I don't care if Mixon is another Jim Brown

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Valid points on 3 running backs, but seems to be the trend of the NFL right now. But, the bigger issue is Bernard likely will not be 100% in 2017 as he recovers form major knee surgery. Add in Hill's rookie contract ends in 2017 and makes the pick not only smart for now, but for the future.

This is true.  Only Adrian Peterson came back from ACL surgery stronger and seemingly better than before.  Praying Gio has a similar recovery.  
(04-29-2017, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My early vote for Post of the Year.

Well said, sir.

TY