Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Guys are A Bunch of Babies
(04-29-2017, 11:58 AM)Okeana Wrote: Get ready for this.  I like Mixon better than Zeke !

I like Dallas' o-line better than ours so... lol I do too... I have a great feeling about not just Mixon, but this entire draft class so far. There are no reasons to not be excited.
(04-29-2017, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals are like Donald Trump when it comes to media bias. Trump could cure cancer and the press would chastise him for not figuring out a cure that was free. The journalism in politics and sports is no loner trustworthy, it is biased at every turn so I don't trust any of them.

My point is we will never win over the media. Case in point, The Raiders draft a 1st round corner accused of raping a woman. Steve Wyche gives a warm fuzzy article about how the Raiders fully vetted the incident and know he is innocent. He even stated they interviewed people not only just in favor of Conley, but friends and relatives of the woman. I call BS on part 2 as no way those people are going to side with Conley within a month of the incident.

Then the Bengals draft Mixon and the claws come out. I know we had some incidents over a decade ago with Chris Henry and recent with Jones, but overall this team has been fairly clean when compared to others. Let's take the Steelers who have a QB accused multiple times of sexual assault (but crickets since he is a star and and Steeler), A WR who gets suspended for drugs (Holmes), A start RB who gets suspended for drugs (Bell), a WR who gets suspended not once, but 2 times for drugs (Bryant).

But, the Bengals will always be the criminals and teams like the Steelers will always be protected by the NFL and the media. So, I say this...............SCREW THEM, I don't care about the media, I don't care about other fans (in fact, I don't respect or like most fans of other teams).

I don't mind being the heel we just need to embrace it.  Oakland Raiders were one of the meanest dirtiest teams of all times back in the day and they were loved for it.  I say we chain up tigers on the opposing teams entrance just outside of reach of the players

[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-29-2017, 12:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: I like Dallas' o-line better than ours so... lol I do too... I have a great feeling about not just Mixon, but this entire draft class so far. There are no reasons to not be excited.

Yeah this year i really think we need to establish who stays and who goes on the line.  Maybe they flourish under pressure and maybe we have a terrible line this year.  We can address it next year 

(04-29-2017, 12:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: I like Dallas' o-line better than ours so... lol I do too... I have a great feeling about not just Mixon, but this entire draft class so far. There are no reasons to not be excited.

Not to be a buzzkill, but I can think of one big reason...

[Image: Ogbuehi-Cedric.jpg]
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(04-29-2017, 12:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Not to be a buzzkill, but I can think of one big reason...

Yep, he and Jake are huge question marks in 2017. I am hoping with AD's quick release, AJ, Eifert and the added speed it helps the OL get better quicker
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
There's still time to address the o-line.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(04-29-2017, 12:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Not to be a buzzkill, but I can think of one big reason...

Hilarious Hope he proves everyone wrong.
(04-29-2017, 12:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: WOHAHAHA! I want to swim in your tears 

Ahhh did me hating on your beloved Bengals annoy you to the point of posting a selfie of yourself? Im so sowwy
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-29-2017, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals are like Donald Trump when it comes to media bias. Trump could cure cancer and the press would chastise him for not figuring out a cure that was free. The journalism in politics and sports is no loner trustworthy, it is biased at every turn so I don't trust any of them.

My point is we will never win over the media. Case in point, The Raiders draft a 1st round corner accused of raping a woman. Steve Wyche gives a warm fuzzy article about how the Raiders fully vetted the incident and know he is innocent. He even stated they interviewed people not only just in favor of Conley, but friends and relatives of the woman. I call BS on part 2 as no way those people are going to side with Conley within a month of the incident.

Then the Bengals draft Mixon and the claws come out. I know we had some incidents over a decade ago with Chris Henry and recent with Jones, but overall this team has been fairly clean when compared to others. Let's take the Steelers who have a QB accused multiple times of sexual assault (but crickets since he is a star and and Steeler), A WR who gets suspended for drugs (Holmes), A start RB who gets suspended for drugs (Bell), a WR who gets suspended not once, but 2 times for drugs (Bryant).

But, the Bengals will always be the criminals and teams like the Steelers will always be protected by the NFL and the media. So, I say this...............SCREW THEM, I don't care about the media, I don't care about other fans (in fact, I don't respect or like most fans of other teams).

I agree totally about the Raiders Luvnit.....much worse than this....and I'd probably quit the team over that.....this pushed me to the brink.  

As far as this thread.....I guess everytime someone disagrees they're a whiner now? SMH.

"Better send those refunds..."

(04-29-2017, 12:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Ahhh did me hating on your beloved Bengals annoy you to the point of posting a selfie of yourself? Im so sowwy

Oh yes Im so offended dandy lad.  you got me! lmao 

[Image: christ-elliot-choir.jpg]

(04-29-2017, 12:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree totally about the Raiders Luvnit.....much worse than this....and I'd probably quit the team over that.....this pushed me to the brink.  

As far as this thread.....I guess everytime someone disagrees they're a whiner now? SMH.

Not at all.  I value your opinion!  If we ever meet I will chop a penny in half 

you say anything positive about trump & you're just making yourself look stupid....
find a different analogy....
(04-29-2017, 12:35 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree totally about the Raiders Luvnit.....much worse than this....and I'd probably quit the team over that.....this pushed me to the brink.  

There's a difference between disagreeing and being a baby.

You especially, have been a big baby.
(04-29-2017, 12:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: There's still time to address the o-line.

I agree, but based on draft experts, players available to play LT are 2 to 3 year projects so not going to be impactful in 2017. So, unless we trade or grab a vet in FA, we are likely having to count on Ced, Jake, Boling, Smith and Bodine with back ups Winston, Johnson and Westerman to get in done in 2017.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 11:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: They didn't take Mixon over cook, they took "trade back" over both of them. Vikings took Cook over Mixon and I'll take Spielman and Zim as better judges of character than Mike and Marv...

I disagree....
Cook is a lot more likely to get into trouble than Mixon is at this point....

the vikes just didn't have the guts to pick the better RB....
we did....I loved this move by our war room....trade back, get an extra 4th rd pick & STILL GET THE GUY WE WANTED....
KUDOS TO OUR WAR ROOM.... Rock On
(04-29-2017, 11:13 AM)redwood Wrote: Yeah... Mixon MAY be a talent we got rather cheap. He also showed a  dark side.  With Pac Man  AGAIN showing that he can not BEHAVE after midnight at a bar (a skill I learned young)  we're betting that Mixon's gross mistake  was a learning experience.
Meanwhile?  Have we given up on Bernard and Hill? Can we ration minutes for 3 RBs in the era where  you use one ball carrier at a time? Cool.

This..... is a leap of faith.   Hey..... Burfict was a undrafted because he  racked up penalties.  
He IS a STAR.  then..... Manziel.....you CAN screw up the golden opportunity.   The Bengals DID vet Mixon.  Clues are he learned something.

Bernard is out and likely won't be full speed until next year due to an ACL tear.

Jeremy Hill sucks. I wanted to move on from him last year (a time where everyone laughed at me and thought I was crazy) but now many people feel the same.

This is the one time where the Bengals not giving a crap about what the fans think will actually benefit them.
(04-29-2017, 12:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't mind being the heel we just need to embrace it.  Oakland Raiders were one of the meanest dirtiest teams of all times back in the day and they were loved for it.  I say we chain up tigers on the opposing teams entrance just outside of reach of the players

We've been drafting problem children for years...and haven't won a single playoff game in 26+ years.

IF the strategy actually yielded wins its one thing...

EVERY year people get all excited about our draft classes and we're lucky if 1 or 2 of the guys EVER end up being starters.

Yeah I hope this year is different...but it remains to be seen.

Simply put...the coaching staff doesn't like to play young players.

Some people are expecting Ross to come in and be a #2. I think there's a good chance he's a #3 or #4 to start the year.

I could see Mixon getting a lot of snaps with Bernard coming back from an injury.

I HOPE that the young DE we drafted gets snaps too...but they find reasons not to play young guys.
(04-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: I am happy we didnt take Cook. I saw too many times when he was taken down with first contact. Yes, he hits HRs when given holes, but Mixon runs with speed, elusiveness AND power also. That was the element missing from Cook to me.

As for Mixon's incident...a couple of things:

1. It's reaaly hard for 18 yo's (especially from troubled backgrounds) not to think they are kings by the way we treat athletes. Add to that the fact he was drunk and you have a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. Whether that's getting into a fight, smoking weed, DUI, or hitting a girl. Just think of how many athletes have some character knock on them coming out of college. Its partially the product of the messages they get from society.

2. Without victim blaming, I am really over women screaming for equal rights....but buffet style...only picking which ones apply to them. Equal pay...yup, we'll take that. Paying for dinner on dates....nope, you guys can keep that one, etc. She assaulted him first. She pushed, then slapped him. That's assault too. If a guy had done that to him, he would not have been near as demonized. It would have been considered a fight. She shouldn't act like a man, then not expect to get hit back like a man. Granted, he is just as guilty because he committed assault too. But just because she was a woman doesn't make her assault less.

3. Mixon truly seems to regret his actions. He has stayed clean since, and he has taken responsibility. The woman and he have settled in court, and they reportedly met alone afterwords, talked it out and put it behind them so they could each move on. That says alot about the character of both...that they would both have the courage to face each other and talk. 

4. I do not have near the problem with the Mixon pick that I do with retaining Adam Jones. Mixon has shown an effort to reform so far....Jones is a repeat offender. You forgive someone who repents...not someone who repeats.

1.   Sure give him a pass for being 18 and drunk.... she was also young and drunk, but let's ignore that.  However, I do agree with this point, it is even more noticeable now that we have a star athlete get drafted after this incident.

2.  You are victim blaming. Period.  I agree about the issues of "equal rights" being stupid and unsustainable, if you treat women as equal that has to apply all across, if not, then you have to protect them.  However, HE started this, he made sexual comments toward her, he got turned down and started to harass her.  He blocked her exit at the cafe booth and you think she just started hitting him for no reason.  That doesn't compute.

3.  I agree with this.  They both have agreed to try to move on.  We should too.  I refuse to support him, but I will not call for his head either.

4.  Fans that don't like the pick are one thing.  The issue are the fans that are rationalizing the pick and giving this person a pass by victim blaming, all because of his talent.  If he were mediocre then these same fans would be angry and upset that he did what he did.  Saying that "She struck first, she called him a slur, she started it" all while ignoring that he and his buddies approached her and made advances to her, his buddies walked away, but he didn't.  Then people bring up the alcohol for him while ignoring the alcohol for her.

Bottom Line:  For me, I am boycotting the team as long as he is a player for us.  I won't attend games, buy merchandise or care what our record is.  We win the SB with him, I will add an * to it.  That is just me and I don't expect anyone else to follow.  I will still come to the boards though.
(04-29-2017, 10:18 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The only issue I have with the Mixon pick is that I think Dalvin Cook will be better and the Bengals could have grabbed him without trading.

But that's how we roll.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl