Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Guys are A Bunch of Babies
(04-29-2017, 01:38 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: 1.   Sure give him a pass for being 18 and drunk.... she was also young and drunk, but let's ignore that.  However, I do agree with this point, it is even more noticeable now that we have a star athlete get drafted after this incident.

2.  You are victim blaming. Period.  I agree about the issues of "equal rights" being stupid and unsustainable, if you treat women as equal that has to apply all across, if not, then you have to protect them.  However, HE started this, he made sexual comments toward her, he got turned down and started to harass her.  He blocked her exit at the cafe booth and you think she just started hitting him for no reason.  That doesn't compute.

3.  I agree with this.  They both have agreed to try to move on.  We should too.  I refuse to support him, but I will not call for his head either.

4.  Fans that don't like the pick are one thing.  The issue are the fans that are rationalizing the pick and giving this person a pass by victim blaming, all because of his talent.  If he were mediocre then these same fans would be angry and upset that he did what he did.  Saying that "She struck first, she called him a slur, she started it" all while ignoring that he and his buddies approached her and made advances to her, his buddies walked away, but he didn't.  Then people bring up the alcohol for him while ignoring the alcohol for her.

Bottom Line:  For me, I am boycotting the team as long as he is a player for us.  I won't attend games, buy merchandise or care what our record is.  We win the SB with him, I will add an * to it.  That is just me and I don't expect anyone else to follow.  I will still come to the boards though.

You forgive people that repent. You do not forgive people that repeat. He has repented. Both he and she have made peace. He has stayed clean since.

She also bears responsibility in this confrontation. It was not one sided. She did not back off, she did not seek assistance from others because she was scared. She moved into him, pushed him, and struck him first. So she could have handled it differently as well. She is not an innocent victim. She got the worse end of the confrontation, but she also escalated it instead of trying to diffuse it. They both share blame. I will not hang him for that as long as he does not repeat anything near that action.
He did seem very thankful for the Bengals selecting him also and vowed to work hard.

Here's to hoping he follows through.

We need a RB...and both Cook and Mixon had issues. Not an ideal situation. Lets make it work out now.
(04-29-2017, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals are like Donald Trump when it comes to media bias. Trump could cure cancer and the press would chastise him for not figuring out a cure that was free. The journalism in politics and sports is no loner trustworthy, it is biased at every turn so I don't trust any of them.

My point is we will never win over the media. Case in point, The Raiders draft a 1st round corner accused of raping a woman. Steve Wyche gives a warm fuzzy article about how the Raiders fully vetted the incident and know he is innocent. He even stated they interviewed people not only just in favor of Conley, but friends and relatives of the woman. I call BS on part 2 as no way those people are going to side with Conley within a month of the incident.

Then the Bengals draft Mixon and the claws come out. I know we had some incidents over a decade ago with Chris Henry and recent with Jones, but overall this team has been fairly clean when compared to others. Let's take the Steelers who have a QB accused multiple times of sexual assault (but crickets since he is a star and and Steeler), A WR who gets suspended for drugs (Holmes), A start RB who gets suspended for drugs (Bell), a WR who gets suspended not once, but 2 times for drugs (Bryant).

But, the Bengals will always be the criminals and teams like the Steelers will always be protected by the NFL and the media. So, I say this...............SCREW THEM, I don't care about the media, I don't care about other fans (in fact, I don't respect or like most fans of other teams).

I agree that the media is biased, however the differences between Conley and Mixon are important to address.

1. Conley has been ACCUSED of and not proven to be a rapist.  An accusation is not enough to be a deciding factor of whether a person should or shouldn't be supported.

2. We don't know all the details of why Mixon hit Molitor, what we do know is that Mixon DID follow Molitor into the cafe, Molitor DID hit Mixon, and Mixon DID hit her back and casually walk out of the cafe. 

The real issue is the fans giving Mixon a pass by blaming Molitor as a racist and for hitting him first.  Instead of just admitting that they don't care if Mixon was a murderer as long as he can play and can help the team win games. They ignore the claims of sexual harassment, and embrace his side.  We all know if not for the talent, people would be screaming for him to be in prison, instead, they rationalize it and excuse it.  The truth is they don't care how they win, they just want to win.
[Image: th?id=OIP.kn6n8P8DBjCCDublaF5uWAEsDI&pid...=232&h=155]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(04-29-2017, 01:50 PM)Beaker Wrote: You forgive people that repent. You do not forgive people that repeat. He has repented. Both he and she have made peace. He has stayed clean since.

She also bears responsibility in this confrontation. It was not one sided. She did not back off, she did not seek assistance from others because she was scared. She moved into him, pushed him, and struck him first. So she could have handled it differently as well. She is not an innocent victim. She got the worse end of the confrontation, but she also escalated it instead of trying to diffuse it. They both share blame. I will not hang him for that as long as he does not repeat anything near that action.

So if a girl is approached by a guy and she turns him down.  He can then follow her and harass her, and not expect to have her push him away and slap him?  And if she does then he can slug her?

C'mon Man!

I hope you are better than that!
(04-29-2017, 01:58 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: So if a girl is approached by a guy and she turns him down.  He can then follow her and harass her, and not expect to have her push him away and slap him?  And if she does then he can slug her?

C'mon Man!

I hope you are better than that!

I tell my own 18 yr old daughter not to raise her hand to ANYBODY if she is not prepared to defend herself when they raise their hand in return. The girl was not an innocent victim. 
(04-29-2017, 12:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: There's a difference between disagreeing and being a baby.

You especially, have been a big baby.

Meh.....coming from a guy who MADE A THREAD whining about whining....I'll take that with a grain of salt. Someday....you may have two little girls that mean the world to you and understand my position.  FWIW....Ive seen you on here crying tears as big as horse turds over a WHOLE LOT less than something with the social ramifications of this. SEVERAL teams took him completely off their draft boards because of this.....guess they're just a big ol bunch of ***** too.  The day I place the success of a freaking football team over my convictions is the day I hope someone gives me a reality check. I'm done here......flame away.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-29-2017, 02:00 PM)Beaker Wrote: I tell my own 18 yr old daughter not to raise her hand to ANYBODY if she is not prepared to defend herself when they raise their hand in return. The girl was not an innocent victim. 

So it is OK for a person to harass your 18 year old daughter.  Got it.

The girl is an innocent victim.

Use your brain and let's speculate.

Molitor goes out with her friends, she doesn't know Mixon, doesn't care about him and never would have crossed paths with him.

Mixon sees Molitor and thinks "That gurl fine!" 

Decides to approach her.

She can respond however she wants.  She can say, No Thank you (not likely) or just straight laugh (most likely) or even say I don't date, slur (probably not).

He continues to follow her.  At this point, her friends make comments, she probably makes comments too.  Mixon is now getting angry.  Starts making comments back. 

Follows her crowd into a diner and walks up to the booth that she is in.  He is standing at her exit.  He calls her friend a slur (probably) and she in defense got violent (video shows), he then slugs her (video shows).

Hers was a "Get away from me, leave me alone" slap, that he could have easily walked away from.

Instead he slugs her.  His was in spite.  He didn't like getting turned down, so he continued to push her to the point of getting physical.

So please tell me again, that "she isn't an innocent victim"  cause she is. 

You can like Mixon, but just be honest and admit that you could care less if he had raped and murdered her (with all evidence proven his guilt).  As long as it isn't your 18 year old girl and that he can win games.
Two stupid kids doing stupid things that, with different variations, are repeated in bars throughout the country hundreds of times every week.

If she felt threatened or harassed, she could have gone to the bartender and/or called the police. That is not the way she acted. She chose aggression. "Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword."

He should not have hit her. Period. But it is also quite clear that she could have prevented it by not escalating the confrontation.

I don't have a daughter, I have a son. But if he were involved in a similar situation, you can be sure that I would tell him what he did wrong in the situation. Not to do so is bad parenting.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-29-2017, 02:20 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: So it is OK for a person to harass your 18 year old daughter.  Got it.

My daughter can handle herself.

The girl is an innocent victim.

Nope. She played her part in escalating that situation, not diffusing it.

Use your brain and let's speculate.

Let's not speculate. Speculation is useless. I prefer to stick to facts and evidence. And the truth is, we do not know the words that were spoken before the contact made by both parties. So your whole harassment speculation is not supported either.
Neither I, nor anybody else is condoning the results of that confrontation. But unless I was there, or have first hand knowledge of the events leading up to the confrontation, I am not willing to demonize Mixon for the rest of his life. You are. You will not be swayed by my position on the matter, and I will not be swayed by yours. So thank you for the discussion with me. But I think it has gone as far as it can go before becoming circular.
(04-29-2017, 02:23 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Two stupid kids doing stupid things that, with different variations, are repeated in bars throughout the country hundreds of times every week.

If she felt threatened or harassed, she could have gone to the bartender and/or called the police. That is not the way she acted. She chose aggression. "Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword."

He should not have hit her. Period. But it is also quite clear that she could have prevented it by not escalating the confrontation.

I don't have a daughter, I have a son. But if he were involved in a similar situation, you can be sure that I would tell him what he did wrong in the situation. Not to do so is bad parenting.

This is why people are angry.

SHE did not escalate it.

HE did.

He was turned down.

Then followed her and blocked her exit.

Think about this.

He says.... hey, suck my ......

she says no.

He then continues to follow her saying, B!tc4 this and that while calling for her to suck his .....

You say call the police?  Seriously, how about just taking the hint that she isn't interested and leaving the girl alone.

How about you teach your son that?
(04-29-2017, 02:28 PM)Beaker Wrote: Neither I, nor anybody else is condoning the results of that confrontation. But unless I was there, or have first hand knowledge of the events leading up to the confrontation, I am not willing to demonize Mixon for the rest of his life. You are. You will not be swayed by my position on the matter, and I will not be swayed by yours. So thank you for the discussion with me. But I think it has gone as far as it can go before becoming circular.

Right, Your daughter can defend herself?  I bet Molitor thought she could defend herself as well.

I don't wish bad things to happen to people.  However if this does happen to your daughter, I bet and am calling you a liar right now if you say otherwise, that you wouldn't side with the young man that slugs your daughter even if the video shows her hitting him first.

You can say you tell your daughter not to raise her hand, but I promise you that you are fooling yourself in thinking that your daughter wouldn't hit a man that is following her and harassing her.

When she does hit him and he slugs her, just remember that YOU are OK with him hitting her and that he shouldn't be in prison, only community service.
(04-29-2017, 02:30 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: This is why people are angry.

SHE did not escalate it.

HE did.

He was turned down.

Then followed her and blocked her exit.

Think about this.

He says.... hey, suck my ......

she says no.

He then continues to follow her saying, B!tc4 this and that while calling for her to suck his .....

You say call the police?  Seriously, how about just taking the hint that she isn't interested and leaving the girl alone.

How about you teach your son that?

If it was how you describe, then why wouldn't she call the police? I can't think of a quicker way to get rid of someone doing that. It wasn't like she was trapped in an alley and alone. It's not like people don't have cell phones now. She was in a crowded bar and with a group of friends. Why would she be trying to exit that situation? If someone is stalking you, that is exactly where you want to be: in a crowded place full of witnesses and friends who may intervene.

And yet, the only thing she can think of to do is to confront the guy, push him, slap him, and reportedly shout insults at him.

In the scenario you state, that makes no sense whatsoever.
(04-29-2017, 02:35 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Right, Your daughter can defend herself?  I bet Molitor thought she could defend herself as well.

I said handle herself. I don't think my daughter would handle your alleged harassment the same way Malone did.

I don't wish bad things to happen to people.  However if this does happen to your daughter, I bet and am calling you a liar right now if you say otherwise, that you wouldn't side with the young man that slugs your daughter even if the video shows her hitting him first.

You can say you tell your daughter not to raise her hand, but I promise you that you are fooling yourself in thinking that your daughter wouldn't hit a man that is following her and harassing her.

When she does hit him and he slugs her, just remember that YOU are OK with him hitting her and that he shouldn't be in prison, only community service.

As for the rest of this garbage post. I am going to ask you to kindly stop pretending you know me or my daughter and how we would handle your made up scenario.

One last time....you forgive those who repent, not those who repeat. Unless he repeats, I forgive his mistake....and Malone's. 
What an absolute load of nonsense.

Those of us who have a problem with a guy who absolutely batters a woman, are not a 'bunch of babies', we are just less accepting of this kind of thing than you are.

It's called an opinion. I respect those of you who are ok with us drafting him and giving him all the chances in the world. Would be nice for those of us who don't like this, to have the same respect in return.
(04-29-2017, 02:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: If it was how you describe, then why wouldn't she call the police? I can't think of a quicker way to get rid of someone doing that. It wasn't like she was trapped in an alley and alone. It's not like people don't have cell phones now. She was in a crowded bar and with a group of friends. Why would she be trying to exit that situation? If someone is stalking you, that is exactly where you want to be: in a crowded place full of witnesses and friends who may intervene.

And yet, the only thing she can think of to do is to confront the guy, push him, slap him, and reportedly shout insults at him.

In the scenario you state, that makes no sense whatsoever.

She was in a Cafe, not a bar.

The point is... HE had the ability to walk away.  He was blocking her exit, so she couldn't continue to try and avoid him.  She would have to "push" him to get him out of her way.

He was intruding on her evening... not her intruding on his.

As to the police.  So every time a guy approaches a girl and she turns him down, she should JUST call the police?  Maybe she, like the rest of us, think that the police should be used as a last resort.  Not only that, but some guys get even more agitated and commit worse offenses knowing that they would be done and gone before the police arrived.

IF the situation happened as I described?  Hmmmm?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/from-interview-amelia-molitor-said-joe-mixon-punched-her-after/article_35936d94-f3a6-589c-9139-2e1df1d2f968.html

Again, everyone loves to mention the slur she used, but never mention the sexual harassment that he perpetrated.
(04-29-2017, 02:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: One last time....you forgive those who repent, not those who repeat. Unless he repeats, I forgive his mistake....and Malone's. 

No... You can ask... but just like Mixon.  I will continue.

I know what you and your daughter would do.  It is called human nature. 

Your daughter will do what I said she would do and she and you would be lying if you claim otherwise.  Since people are liars I fully expect you to do so.

You would also react the why I have describe again it is human nature.  Go ahead and lie.  In doing so you would only validate everything I am saying.

or you can agree with me....

and thus validated everything I have said.

(I guess when it comes to the truth and facts, that it isn't so much circular as it is linear and will always lead to the truth)
(04-29-2017, 02:48 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: She was in a Cafe, not a bar.

The point is... HE had the ability to walk away.  He was blocking her exit, so she couldn't continue to try and avoid him.  She would have to "push" him to get him out of her way.

He was intruding on her evening... not her intruding on his.

As to the police.  So every time a guy approaches a girl and she turns him down, she should JUST call the police?  Maybe she, like the rest of us, think that the police should be used as a last resort.  Not only that, but some guys get even more agitated and commit worse offenses knowing that they would be done and gone before the police arrived.

IF the situation happened as I described?  Hmmmm?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/from-interview-amelia-molitor-said-joe-mixon-punched-her-after/article_35936d94-f3a6-589c-9139-2e1df1d2f968.html

Again, everyone loves to mention the slur she used, but never mention the sexual harassment that he perpetrated.

She never tried to avoid him or to walk away. She was clearly right up in his face and aggressive.

Why was this the ONLY option for her? Are you able to answer that question?
(04-29-2017, 02:41 PM)Beaker Wrote: One last time....you forgive those who repent, not those who repeat. Unless he repeats, I forgive his mistake....and Malone's. 

I never said you don't forgive him.... however that doesn't mean you have to support him either. 
(04-29-2017, 02:58 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: No... You can ask... but just like Mixon.  I will continue.

I know what you and your daughter would do.  It is called human nature. 

Your daughter will do what I said she would do and she and you would be lying if you claim otherwise.  Since people are liars I fully expect you to do so.

You would also react the why I have describe again it is human nature.  Go ahead and lie.  In doing so you would only validate everything I am saying.

or you can agree with me....

and thus validated everything I have said.

(I guess when it comes to the truth and facts, that it isn't so much circular as it is linear and will always lead to the truth)

Whining, name calling and stomping your feet only reveals what a tool you are....it does not validate your invalid argument.