Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can only laugh
John Ross was limited in practice due to a foot injury

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
OMG

I hope they just go ahead and cut this guy, I've had my fill of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ross is still in his "rookie" season.... Nervous

What a disaster. I have not seen anything from Ross that would alleviate the concern that he is a total, unadulterated bust.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ross was drafted to replace AJ Green, but not the AJ Green of the past few years who can't get on the damn field. Oh well. Remember when Ross made us eat crow once in 3 years?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross was drafted to replace AJ Green, but not the AJ Green of the past few years who can't get on the damn field.  Oh well.  Remember when Ross made us eat crow once in 3 years?

His 15 minutes of fame, well ok a game and a half. Seems that's all we're gonna get ?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: John Ross was limited in practice due to a foot injury

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

But, but, but he had his one wonder game. Surely that should make up for the other 44 games of suck ass.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: His 15 minutes of fame, well ok a game and a half. Seems that's all we're gonna get ?

Like I said before, Ross is the only player I can recall where any time he's involved in a play it wouldn't surprise me if he makes an amazing play, makes the most boneheaded drop or turnover ever, or gets horrifically injured. The guy is involved in like 2 or 3 plays per game when he does play (which is about 30% of the time, or so) and something absurd always happens.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:17 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ross is still in his "rookie" season.... Nervous

What a disaster.   I have not seen anything from Ross that would alleviate the concern that he is a total, unadulterated bust.

I've tried hard to stand behind him but I'll go ahead and apply the label - BUST
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've tried hard to stand behind him but I'll go ahead and apply the label - BUST

When evaluating us I always try to think "What would be be saying if this guy was on the Steelers?" so if Ross' resume was in a Steeler uniform we'd be laughing about their super-bust 1st round WR who isn't fit to lace up. Here we are with our top 10 WR doing next to nothing while we watch 19th round picks like Auden Tate break their proverbial necks. So it goes.

I will say it is interesting that we spent so much time blaming our coaches in years past for sabotaging Ross and now that we have a coaching staff that is clearly worse and has zero idea how to run an offense we've finally moved on to accepting that Ross is just not very good. Wacky.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When evaluating us I always try to think "What would be be saying if this guy was on the Steelers?" so if Ross' resume was in a Steeler uniform we'd be laughing about their super-bust 1st round WR who isn't fit to lace up.  Here we are with our top 10 WR doing next to nothing while we watch 19th round picks like Auden Tate break their proverbial necks.  So it goes.

I will say it is interesting that we spent so much time blaming our coaches in years past for sabotaging Ross and now that we have a coaching staff that is clearly worse and has zero idea how to run an offense we've finally moved on to accepting that Ross is just not very good.  Wacky.

Funny I was thinking while typing the last post. If indeed it's true ML didn't want Ross that's another feather I'll have to put in his hat.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Funny I was thinking while typing the last post. If indeed it's true ML didn't want Ross that's another feather I'll have to put in his hat.

I'm so down on ZT and Callahan and the overall coaching ability of this staff that even I can't rule out "coaches are wrecking him" about Ross now...it's just that blah.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: When evaluating us I always try to think "What would be be saying if this guy was on the Steelers?" so if Ross' resume was in a Steeler uniform we'd be laughing about their super-bust 1st round WR who isn't fit to lace up.  Here we are with our top 10 WR doing next to nothing while we watch 19th round picks like Auden Tate break their proverbial necks.  So it goes.

I will say it is interesting that we spent so much time blaming our coaches in years past for sabotaging Ross and now that we have a coaching staff that is clearly worse and has zero idea how to run an offense we've finally moved on to accepting that Ross is just not very good.  Wacky.

This shit wouldn't be happening in Pittsburgh which is why it's hard to imagine.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This shit wouldn't be happening in Pittsburgh which is why it's hard to imagine.

True

And BTW I've got to get me one of those signs in your sig. I lmao first time I saw it, not that it fits me.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
If/when we draft Burrow, we might need to take his WR Jefferson from LSU in the 2nd Round.

I know going O-Line is a good idea with that pick too, but we need weapons for him and Ross and Green are just too injured.
Reply/Quote
My biggest concern drafting Ross were his injury history in college and his slight frame. Hate to see I was right.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Like I said before, Ross is the only player I can recall where any time he's involved in a play it wouldn't surprise me if he makes an amazing play, makes the most boneheaded drop or turnover ever, or gets horrifically injured. The guy is involved in like 2 or 3 plays per game when he does play (which is about 30% of the time, or so) and something absurd always happens.

He's the Arturo Gatti of the NFL...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Careful. The John Ross fan boys would accuse you of hating on him and not giving him a fair chance. They are busy getting three games of stats ready.
Reply/Quote
All I’m saying is, in every game he was completely healthy this season he has over 150 yards receiving and 2 TD’s. If we keep him healthy that’s over 2,500 yards and 32 TDs per SEASON. How can you overlook that?

Honestly though, I’d probably be a little more forgiving of the injuries if he was more consistent as a receiver. For every big play there is at least as big of a drop. Even in the Seattle game the only reason that great, contested reception at the end of the half was necessary is because he dropped a gimme TD a few plays before.
Reply/Quote
I was wrong about Eifert ever playing a full year so maybe I’m wrong about this guy. The thing is though that Eifert is a big target with good hands, the injuries didn’t change that. All of these injuries have to negate the speed long term for Ross and his hands suck anyways.
Reply/Quote
He practiced full today.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote