Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You fans expect too much from these players
Be thankful we have Zac to protect our guys ensuring they are not being overwhelmed.  It is only Week 13 for crying out loud.

Sometimes I just laugh at my computer screen when I read comments from Zac, Callahan, and Pollack.

Reply/Quote

[Image: umm-wait.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They didn't "get to" the plays for him?? lmao just call them.... just suck it up and do it.
Reply/Quote
What does not getting to the plays even mean? Is it situational where the coaches didn't see the play as possible based on the defense scheme? Are Zac and Callahan so scripted they didn't get to run the number of plays they had hoped for and didn't make it to the Brown plays?

I seek more clarity!
Reply/Quote
Gee... it's almost like Zac was more worried about trying to win the game and keeping our playoff hopes alive than giving a 4th string RB some touches. Somebody needs to check that man's priorities!!!!
Reply/Quote
If Chase Brown would've had a couple of good runs, Zac would've had to throw the whole gameplan out the window.
Best to not "get to" those plays and upset the apple cart.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 09:40 AM)burreauxs Wrote: They didn't "get to" the plays for him?? lmao just call them.... just suck it up and do it.

Seems like there may have been a lot of plays that they didn't "get to", as they only ran 37 offensive plays.  (average is like 60-70/game)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I mean…..

Logically this means Chase will NEVER play because EVERY TEAM is gonna send more pressure because they know Browning is ass and won’t handle it well.

So i guess Brown is never gonna play……which is stupid AF
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 11:36 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If Chase Brown would've had a couple of good runs, Zac would've had to throw the whole gameplan out the window.  
Best to not "get to" those plays and upset the apple cart.

If you watched Brown average barely 2 ypc against practice squad guys in the preseason, you'd know there's a slim chance that was going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 12:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you watched Brown average barely 2 ypc against practice squad guys in the preseason, you'd know there's a slim chance that was going to happen.

I don’t think I’ve seen you dislike a player this much since Auden Tate. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 12:15 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean…..

Logically this means Chase will NEVER play because EVERY TEAM is gonna send more pressure because they know Browning is ass and won’t handle it well.

So i guess Brown is never gonna play……which is stupid AF

No.  Logically he could play more if he improves in pass pro.

These are professional athletes.  It's not youth soccer where everyone gets to play.  While everyone on this board is hoping he shows something so they don't have to include a RB in their mock drafts, the coaches see this kid every day in practice and already 99% know what they have.  

A kid who's college scouting reports knocked him for pass pro and ball security isn't someone you want out there in a one score game with a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
Well, they can't sit vets so......

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think I’ve seen you dislike a player this much since Auden Tate. Tongue

I hate Chase Brown more than Auden Tate.

I could at least understand why folks mistakenly thought Tate should play. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 01:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think I’ve seen you dislike a player this much since Auden Tate. Tongue

On one hand that makes him sound like a hater.
On the other hand that makes him seem like he has good judgement.

Torn on what to take from that.  Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I get why we should be getting Chase Brown snaps, it’s the same idea as getting Chuck Sizzle out there - find out what we have so offseason is more informed. And on a speed challenged offense getting the kids out there could help.
Reply/Quote
What running back on this roster isn't overwhelmed with pass protection? Am I missing something here

At some point they have to play him tho to see what potential he has going into the offseason as this season is a wash.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm leaning more and more towards the belief that the Bengals just need to just purge their entire RB room and bring in a new RB Coach to rebuild it from scratch.

Whatever the Bengals have been doing from a scouting/drafting/developing standpoint just hasn't been working.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 01:57 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Be thankful we have Zac to protect our guys ensuring they are not being overwhelmed.  It is only Week 13 for crying out loud.

Sometimes I just laugh at my computer screen when I read comments from Zac, Callahan, and Pollack.

I'm not real sure why someone would think this remark is funny? Chase Brown is a rookie running back who has never had to pass protect against NFL caliber pass rushers, let alone people like Twatt. Do you really want to find out how good he can do it in a game when we are already playing the #2 QB because the #1 is out for the year? Obviously, he has not shown enough in practice for the coaches to be confident in his ability. Maybe you do, maybe your one of those who wants to lose out and it doesn't matter to you what happens to Browning or McCarron?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 02:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not real sure why someone would think this remark is funny? Chase Brown is a rookie running back who has never had to pass protect against NFL caliber pass rushers, let alone people like Twatt. Do you really want to find out how good he can do it in a game when we are already playing the #2 QB because the #1 is out for the year? Obviously, he has not shown enough in practice for the coaches to be confident in his ability. Maybe you do, maybe your one of those who wants to lose out and it doesn't matter to you what happens to Browning or McCarron?

Really?  He played in the Big10, the same conference that produced the Watts, the Bosas, and a laundry list of other successful NFL pass rushers.  I would have thought that he would have been the regular 3rd down back by this point in the season, had he not gotten injured.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think we should try Jackson Carmen out at RB. Why not?
Reply/Quote