Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You fans expect too much from these players
(11-30-2023, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe they should seek partnerships with Arena, XFL, etc and help them promote the leagues and develop the players that need it. Obviously the CFL probably wouldn't be interested, but the American leagues just might.

CFL might be interested if it boosts their revenue. NFL is insanely profitable. Currently NFL has 30 teams in the top 50 world-wide for most valuable sports franchises. 7 of them are in the top 10, with Yankees, Golden State, and the Knicks as the other 3. The two most valuable soccer franchises are just outside the top 10 in Real Madrid and Manchester United. https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2023/09/08/the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams-2023/?sh=70e0f0d12b44

On a complete side note, the Bengals are one of the two teams that didn't crack top 50 but close, and are last in the NFL(32nd) at $3.5 billion. But they apparently had a 17% increase from last year which is a top 10 percentage currently for NFL teams. https://sports.yahoo.com/forbes-evaluates-bengals-valuation-going-023041637.html?guccounter=1
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They already do. It's called the NCAA

Except they don't because the NCAA isn't about preparing players for the NFL, it's about winning games in college.

It's why we have a shortage of NFL QBs and NFL OL among other positions.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 08:57 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Shocker that in a game where they only ran the ball 11x they didn't get tontheirn3rd string rookie RB.

I'm more blown away that they refuse to play Chris Evans. I view him as the most dynamic back on the team.

Thought it was only 8 times we ran, or was that just Mixon?

(11-30-2023, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Especially since Twatt is offsides on almost every play, but he's an NFL Superstar so he doesn't get called.

No doubt, Twatt was offsides at least 3 times in just our last game.

(11-30-2023, 01:41 PM)Millhouse Wrote: A minor league or a tier 2 league for the NFL would be fantastic. Something like where there is a relegation and promotion system which I wish baseball would do would also be great.

However, and a massive however, the injuries is what would ultimately keep this from happening. And in particular head injuries. I just can't ever see it happening when there is NCAA, Canadian, XFL, and even Arena League out there.

USFL too, I do like TLL's thought though, just won't happen. Sucks, college football doesn't prepare OL for the NFL well at all.

(11-30-2023, 01:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, the only real problem is offensive line development. I've seen several point the offensive systems in college ball as a culprit.

For sure. Completely different styles of play, there are only a few teams that play in pro style Offenses in college.

Those should be the OL we look at, but there are only so many OL to go around. This is why we need a new OL coach who can
really work on developing young OL. Pollack just isn't the answer from what we have seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 01:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe they should seek partnerships with Arena, XFL, etc and help them promote the leagues and develop the players that need it. Obviously the CFL probably wouldn't be interested, but the American leagues just might.

Again, I just do not see it. The best players are in NCAA D-1, and not even all of those will make it into the NFL. About the only person (I'm sure there are more) that I remember coming from the XFL to the NFL is HEHATEME. If they are going to develop players outside the NFL, it would have to be in conjunction with colleges and their coaches, and an agreement on what kind of systems they run.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again, I just do not see it. The best players are in NCAA D-1, and not even all of those will make it into the NFL. About the only person (I'm sure there are more) that I remember coming from the XFL to the NFL is HEHATEME. If they are going to develop players outside the NFL, it would have to be in conjunction with colleges and their coaches, and an agreement on what kind of systems they run.

I don't really see it either.....just pondering scenarios. Like has been mentioned, OL and QBs that are pro ready these days are hard to find.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 02:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought it was only 8 times we ran, or was that just Mixon?

No doubt, Twatt was offsides at least 3 times in just our last game.

USFL too, I do like TLL's thought though, just won't happen. Sucks, college football doesn't prepare OL for the NFL well at all.

For sure. Completely different styles of play, there are only a few teams that play in pro style Offenses in college.

Those should be the OL we look at, but there are only so many OL to go around. This is why we need a new OL coach who can
really work on developing young OL. Pollack just isn't the answer from what we have seen.

Mixon had 8
Browning 3

Notnsure how many of Browning's were called runs. Probably 0, but the stat logs say 11 runs so that's what we go with.... I guess? lol
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 12:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you watched Brown average barely 2 ypc against practice squad guys in the preseason, you'd know there's a slim chance that was going to happen.

Alright, that's proof that we should cut him and find someone else. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2023, 08:33 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Mixon had 8
Browning 3

Notnsure how many of Browning's were called runs. Probably 0, but the stat logs say 11 runs so that's what we go with.... I guess? lol

Ahh, cool, I just usually don't count the QB's runs unless they were called runs.

Pretty sure a couple of those weren't planned.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2023, 11:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Gee... it's almost like Zac was more worried about trying to win the game and keeping our playoff hopes alive than giving a 4th string RB some touches.  Somebody needs to check that man's priorities!!!!

You serious Clark? He's not capable of winning without Joe.
Reply/Quote