Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You have to be wealthy in order to be great."
That was a quote from Donald Trump that has been making the rounds. Has anyone else seen it or seen an objective source for it? It supposedly came from his speech on energy policy in North Dakota and I am curious about context and legitimacy of the quote.

Approaching it as if it is accurate, though, does this cause problems for him and/or the GOP?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
He was talking about macroeconomics and how a country must be wealthy to be great
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jTJUZLPmXM

He's talking about the need to make people wealthy, from what I understand. No real plan here, just saying you can't be great without money.
(05-26-2016, 08:27 PM)Benton Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jTJUZLPmXM

He's talking about the need to make people wealthy, from what I understand. No real plan here, just saying you can't be great without money.

His mouth looks fake when he's trying to talk.

Like it's open way to wide.

Maybe it's the hot air?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2016, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was talking about macroeconomics and how a country must be wealthy to be great

But you know Hillary will take it in black-and-white and use it in her campaign to bash Trump and say that he only cares about the wealthy.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in one of her commercials that has a picture of Trump and the voice over saying "Donald Trump says that you must be wealthy to be great.  Do you want a man who only looks out for a few select, wealthy Americans?  Hillary wants to see every American succeed, and voting for her is a vote for the common American, not just the wealthy."

Bank on it.
(05-26-2016, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you know Hillary will take it in black-and-white and use it in her campaign to bash Trump and say that he only cares about the wealthy.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in one of her commercials that has a picture of Trump and the voice over saying "Donald Trump says that you must be wealthy to be great.  Do you want a man who only looks out for a few select, wealthy Americans?  Hillary wants to see every American succeed, and voting for her is a vote for the common American, not just the wealthy."

Bank on it.

"What difference does it make?"

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-26-2016, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But you know Hillary will take it in black-and-white and use it in her campaign to bash Trump and say that he only cares about the wealthy.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in one of her commercials that has a picture of Trump and the voice over saying "Donald Trump says that you must be wealthy to be great.  Do you want a man who only looks out for a few select, wealthy Americans?  Hillary wants to see every American succeed, and voting for her is a vote for the common American, not just the wealthy."

Bank on it.

Oh, that soundbite has already been grabbed for that. I am even seeing progressive Christians jumping on it immediately because, you know, what about Jesus?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Bank on it.

If you think Hillary or trump care about anyone aside from the rich you're... Mistaken.
(05-26-2016, 09:22 PM)Benton Wrote: If you think Hillary or trump care about anyone aside from the rich you're... Mistaken.

That's not the point.

The point is that Hillary will aim for a low blow on Trump and take it out-of-context to smear his name because that's her only prayer for victory.
(05-26-2016, 09:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's not the point.

The point is that Hillary will aim for a low blow on Trump and take it out-of-context to smear his name because that's her only prayer for victory.

Oh yeah because I'm sure Trump is above a smear campaign.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-26-2016, 09:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's not the point.

They will both do this. The first debate will most likely be PPV. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-26-2016, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They will both do this. The first debate will most likely be PPV. 

I am not looking forward to this at all. I seriously cannot fully express the disgust I have for what will happen between now and November. I can't even begin to think about the resulting four years.

(05-26-2016, 10:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am not looking forward to this at all. I seriously cannot fully express the disgust I have for what will happen between now and November. I can't even begin to think about the resulting four years.

Amen !
The only shred of optimism I have is that it will be such a joke, people will finally demand change.
A lot of people's eyes have opened, during this cycle.
(05-26-2016, 09:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They will both do this. The first debate will most likely be PPV. 

Can Mike Tyson be the moderator?

I only ask because I want to hear his commentary when a candidate bites the other candidate's ear on a live feed...

Debates might be different with the candidate being able to explain why the other on is just being an asshole, but I'm talking about taking it out-of-context and flat-out lying to try and gain support.
Agreed. Nothing to do with anything that had been said or done, its all going to be mudslinging. Neither candidate is better than the other.
(05-26-2016, 10:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Debates might be different with the candidate being able to explain why the other on is just being an asshole, but I'm talking about taking it out-of-context and flat-out lying to try and gain support.

Debates will be no different. They're both pretty bad. This is stalin debating Mussolini, Reagan debating bill Clinton. Two sides of the same coin. And that coin is shoved right up your backside.
(05-26-2016, 08:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was a quote from Donald Trump that has been making the rounds. Has anyone else seen it or seen an objective source for it? It supposedly came from his speech on energy policy in North Dakota and I am curious about context and legitimacy of the quote.

Approaching it as if it is accurate, though, does this cause problems for him and/or the GOP?

Without even looking into the context I would say he could spin it as "You have to be wealthy to be great, and as president I'm going to make this country work again so that everyone who isn't afraid of hard work can become wealthy."  Of course that isn't all that plausible, but it makes for a nice soundbyte.  Sound bite?
(05-26-2016, 11:54 PM)Benton Wrote: Debates will be no different. They're both pretty bad. This is stalin debating Mussolini, Reagan debating bill Clinton. Two sides of the same coin. And that coin is shoved right up your backside.

[Image: Jack+johnson+or+john+jackson+_82016fb5e4...e84683.jpg]
(05-26-2016, 08:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That was a quote from Donald Trump that has been making the rounds. Has anyone else seen it or seen an objective source for it? It supposedly came from his speech on energy policy in North Dakota and I am curious about context and legitimacy of the quote.

You think this is what causes a problem for the GOP? I think that horse has already left the barn.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall