Poll: Will you willingly watch Texans game on Xmas Eve?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You plan on watching the Xmas Eve night game?
I'll sit around and wish it was July 24th instead of December 24th just because I hate cold weather even more than watching the Bungles lose.. I might watch if it's on TV here. If not I might listen to the radio broadcast or I might just go hide and pretend Christmas is just another day when people pretend that they actually like giving crap away they would never buy for themselves.. oh wait..that's what it actually is..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals maybe gave McCarron the start, I probably would be more inclined to watch just out of curiosity.
Reply/Quote
Meh...... It will be on I'm sure but the season is over as far as I'm concerned. Play the kids & study the draft is what they should be doing. AJ should set the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:22 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: If the Bengals maybe gave McCarron the start, I probably would be more inclined to watch just out of curiosity.

Not..........gonna.......happen.

Give it up. :andy:
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I will absolutely watch. I'm going to be in a house with in-laws who don't care for each other. I need some sort of pain to distract me from the other kind of pain.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I don't have a tee-vee, and the bars local to me will be closed, so probably not unless I find a decent stream. I'm not going to be glued to the game or anything. To tell the truth, I'm more excited about the Ratbirds and Stoolers game, where I hope they ugly each other into submission.
Reply/Quote
If my wife was still alive,NO....Not unless we had our food and snacks and Christmas Eve and she fell asleep, then I would turn it on in middle of game......By myself now, I welcome the Bengals Christmas Eve Night Game and the play-off type games on Christmas Day. It will help take my mind off Christmas and the grief. I will have some good food and stay home. Sounds great. I'm actually in dire need of this Bengals Christmas Eve Night Game. .....Now others with family waiting for Santa, I would do the whole Christmas Eve thing. I see this game as a pardon from above for me, exactly what I need Christmas Eve Night. ...People have invited me over, but it's not the same. Bring On The Game.....If Santa stops in, he can have milk and cookies unless he is rooting for Texans......I just helped at two Children's Christmas Parties last weekend, so this weekend Bengals sounds great to me and no place like home for the Holidays.....So my choice is what food to have with my deserts. Baby Back Ribs and cole slaw sounds like a winner, and a cheese tray that I can munch on the next day also. ...and I expect I'll get some phone calls. I'm invited to dinner Christmas Day, and I may do that. .....We owe Houston one from those play-off losses. They have a tough D. Winning in their house is a tough win. GO BENGALS.......Now if Bengals win, the next day will be 50 % off Papa Johns in Bengal Area, IF they are open Christmas, who knows, maybe Christmas Pizza delivered for those play-off games. That would deserve a good tip if they are working Christmas. I don't know if I can watch Steelers / Ravens since I hate them. Chiefs vs Broncos is an old AFL Game to us old Bengals Fans. Some good football and I'm sure plenty of Christmas on TV to flip remote a lot. Like most guys, I like to change the channels. I could easily couch potato all weekend in front of TV.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:46 PM)snowy Wrote: I don't have a tee-vee, and the bars local to me will be closed, so probably not unless I find a decent stream. I'm not going to be glued to the game or anything. To tell the truth, I'm more excited about the Ratbirds and Stoolers game, where I hope they ugly each other into submission.

Google Watchsports.....Should put you to Europe Intenet....Click on American Football.....Should take you to a list of stream sites to click on.....Normally you can find a few that works pretty good....Don't hit any of those buttons trying to sell software or anything, keep trying to close those by clicking X on pop ups.....and if on a lap top and it says your computer has been hit with virus and you need to go through all this company stuff, do not, do not.....just unplug lap top and take battery out and by rebooting you should be fine, same with table computer. Always just unplug and reboot. .....and you should get the game out of London or some place....I did not know this was just NFL Network, the Grinch is at work.....but I watched Bengals other NFL Network Game only this way. ....I use to use FrontRowSports, but having much better luck with WatchSports. .....It may fight you, but keep clicking off pop ups and you should pull it in like watching TV. ......If all this fails, I may turn game on radio or watch other shows on TV........I swear I think we are only team that has been on NFL Network Only and it's happened twice. All the other Thursday Night games were also on a regular network station. If the Bengals didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'll record it.

Not watching football on Saturday. That's what Sunday is for.
Reply/Quote
Do I plan on it? Nope. Will I probably catch some of it amid whatever or wherever Christmas Eve takes me? Yes

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:20 PM)kevin Wrote: If my wife was still alive,NO....Not unless we had our food and snacks and Christmas Eve and she fell asleep, then I would turn it on in middle of game......By myself now, I welcome the Bengals Christmas Eve Night Game and the play-off type games on Christmas Day. It will help take my mind off Christmas and the grief. I will have some good food and stay home. Sounds great. I'm actually in dire need of this Bengals Christmas Eve Night Game. .....Now others with family waiting for Santa, I would do the whole Christmas Eve thing.  I see this game as a pardon from above for me, exactly what I need Christmas Eve Night. ...People have invited me over, but it's not the same. Bring On The Game.....If Santa stops in, he can have milk and cookies unless he is rooting for Texans......I just helped at two Children's Christmas Parties last weekend, so this weekend Bengals sounds great to me and no place like home for the Holidays.....So my choice is what food to have with my deserts.  Baby Back Ribs and cole slaw sounds like a winner, and a cheese tray that I can munch on the next day also. ...and I expect I'll get some phone calls. I'm invited to dinner Christmas Day, and I may do that. .....We owe Houston one from those play-off losses.  They have a tough D. Winning in their house is a tough win. GO BENGALS.......Now if Bengals win, the next day will be 50 % off Papa Johns in Bengal Area, IF they are open Christmas, who knows, maybe Christmas Pizza delivered for those play-off games. That would deserve a good tip if they are working Christmas.  I don't know if I can watch Steelers / Ravens since I hate them.  Chiefs vs Broncos is an old AFL Game to us old Bengals Fans. Some good football and I'm sure plenty of Christmas on TV to flip remote a lot. Like most guys, I like to change the channels. I could easily couch potato all weekend in front of TV.

Kev, you sound like you got your head screwed on straight.  Lose yourself in the game and enjoy that night as you please, and let's hope the boys bring home the W.  I'll be watching too while Mrs. Llama readies for the next day, and I'm looking forward to it.  

I love all of the posters saying "Oh, it'll probably on in the background at my family's party, and if I'm getting up to take a dump I may glance at it on the way to the shitter, but other wise, meh."

Bullshit.

If Dalton hits Eifert for an early TD you'll all be jumping around like a 9 year old that opened an Atari 2600 on Christmas morning 1978, high-fiving your nephew and and sister-in-law and whoever else is close.  Just like usual.  And, as it should be.   

You're on a Bengals message board, FFS: it's ok to care about the Bengals ThumbsUp   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind almost nobody is going to be open Saturday Night or Sunday. ...Christmas Eve and Christmas and they want to have Christmas also......So home or at family or friends is good.....but I just found out game only on NFL Network, ....and most every place will be closed, not your average Saturday Night....Oh, there might be a few bars or something open. Now if they have NFL Network another story....This is NOT just Saturday Night, It is Christmas Eve. ...Now the next week, New Years Eve a whole different story....but look for many, many Saturday Night places to be CLOSED due to Christmas Eve. Oh, Churches will be having services. ....I will try to find it on internet site I mentioned......I look for many sports bars to be closed. Yes it's Saturday, but it is Christmas Eve.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No thanks it's Christmas and there's so much more than getting upset watching the Bengals....or any NFL game at that time.
Reply/Quote
I will watch it. Can't wait to see AJ Green dressed as Santa and carry his presents to the end zone. Wait, there is no Santa Claus? Figures.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win, it will be a miracle on 2nd street.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 11:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just curious if anyone is planning on watching this game this week. Oh I know some will because they may not have much else to do.

But being on Christmas Eve, this will be my first game all season I will not watch in earnest. Even if it is on at the family party, I may glance over to see the score, but that is it. ANd when I get back, will probably watch some Christmasy stuff instead. The way I see it is that these are my two favorite days of the year, and watching them on either day will be like the clap tainting my yulelog.

Since I'll be in Cincinnati on Christmas Eve I probably will watch.  
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah I'll watch. It's the Bengals. I will sit and take the verbal abuse for being a die hard Bengals fan. Thanks Mike & Marvin for screwing me this year on Christmas eve and giving me the gift of broken dreams and shattered hope for another friggin year.At least in the past, you broke my heart after the holiday. Guess that shit don't matter anymore. You both suck! Make it right and give me something exciting to see, like rookies getting the reps. And bring back the monkeys at halftime riding reigndeer dogs in santa clause suits. Its the least you could do, losing bastards! I hope your chestnuts burn in a raging fire.

Ho Ho friggin Ho!

Reply/Quote
Does anybody remember what happened THE LAST TIME THE BENGALS PLAYED ON CHRISTMAS (EVE OR DAY?)

http://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/24/broncos-escape-when-bengals-misplay-extra-point/
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 07:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Google Watchsports.....Should put you to Europe Intenet....Click on American Football.....Should take you to a list of stream sites to click on.....Normally you can find a few that works pretty good (snipped a bunch of good stuff for brevity)...I swear I think we are only team that has been on NFL Network Only and it's happened twice.  All the other Thursday Night games were also on a regular network station. If the Bengals didn't have bad luck, we would have no luck at all.

Thanks for the tips, Kevin. My rule of thumb for internet streaming is to ignore popups and download nothing. I remember the NFL Network games; I used some points to stay in a local hotel for one of those games, and the Thursday night game really hacked me off because I was counting on Twitter. But yeah, Bengals bad luck has been happening all season, and a lot of it has been their own fault.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. Even though Marv has said otherwise, I hope to see a lot more Cody Core and maybe some passes thrown in the direction of Tyler Kroft and CJ Uzomah.
Reply/Quote