Poll: Will you willingly watch Texans game on Xmas Eve?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You plan on watching the Xmas Eve night game?
(12-21-2016, 12:46 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Does anybody remember what happened THE LAST TIME THE BENGALS PLAYED ON CHRISTMAS (EVE OR DAY?)

http://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/24/broncos-escape-when-bengals-misplay-extra-point/

Yep, one of the many lumps of coal this team has given me at Christmas over the years...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think this will be the only game of the season I won't see.

With the evening kick off it will be 1.25am kickoff here in England.

Think Father Christmas will have had too many whiskies, cheese and biscuits and be passed out on the sofa by that point Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, one of the many lumps of coal this team has given me at Christmas over the years...

Kickoff just after midday Christmas day here, so will probably boot up Gamepass in the afternoon and watch it after Christmas lunch.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 11:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just curious if anyone is planning on watching this game this week. Oh I know some will because they may not have much else to do.

But being on Christmas Eve, this will be my first game all season I will not watch in earnest. Even if it is on at the family party, I may glance over to see the score, but that is it. ANd when I get back, will probably watch some Christmasy stuff instead. The way I see it is that these are my two favorite days of the year, and watching them on either day will be like the clap tainting my yulelog.

Of course i will. Have to watch my Bengals. The season is over and we are playing spoiler cause of the coaches, not
because of the players. This will be a good team down the road if we replace some coaches. That is the reason our
season went as bad as it did. Have to root for Dalton and hopefully AJ can play and get over the 1000 yard mark.

Plus i love watching Burfict, Dunlap and Atkins play on Defense.

Sucks this season was flushed down the drain by our coaches, specifically Marv but this is my team, always will be.
Reply/Quote
So based on my extensive scientific research data collected here, it is probably fair to say a lot of fans will be watching cause they want to, a lot of fans may watch bits and pieces if it happens to be on, and others could care less because they would rather watch Its Wonderful Life & Christmas Story for 100th time (like me).

Regardless, hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas. And for the pc correct sjw, have a Happy Winter Holiday.

p.s. If McCarron was starting I would watch Ninja
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
The people who are not going to watch the game are not still posting on this message board. Anyone who cares enough to post here will be watching the game, but some just don't want to admit it.

Only exception would be people who have a conflict with a family function or party.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The people who are not going to watch the game are not still posting on this message board.  Anyone who cares enough to post here will be watching the game, but some just don't want to admit it.

Only exception would be people who have a conflict with a family function or party.

yeah got a family party Saturday not sure when I get home.. but ill record it in case they wont put it on tv
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 09:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep, one of the many lumps of coal this team has given me at Christmas over the years...

Remember Christmas night '89 against the Vikings?  Playing final game of the year on Monday night with a playoff spot on the line.  Not only do we lose and miss the playoffs, but the AFC team that made it because of our loss was the Steelers.  The network had a camera on them celebrating when we lost.

That '89 team had the #4 scoring offense and the #7 scoring defense.  We outscored our opponents by more points than all but two other teams in the league.  That team had a good chance to make a playoff run, yet we finished 8-8.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The people who are not going to watch the game are not still posting on this message board.  Anyone who cares enough to post here will be watching the game, but some just don't want to admit it.

I'm not going to subject the rest of my family in my parents' home to the insanity. LMAO

I have the ESPN app, I'll be able to keep score. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember Christmas night '89 against the Vikings?  Playing final game of the year on Monday night with a playoff spot on the line.  Not only do we lose and miss the playoffs, but the AFC team that made it because of our loss was the Steelers.  The network had a camera on them celebrating when we lost.

That '89 team had the #4 scoring offense and the #7 scoring defense.  We outscored our opponents by more points than all but two other teams in the league.  That team had a good chance to make a playoff run, yet we finished 8-8.

Remember it like it was yesterday.  Boomer really faded down the stretch with a severe shoulder injury that he tried to work through.  Precision was a key cog for that offense and he really lost accuracy with that shoulder.  

I was actually in Florida with my family on vacation.  Sophomore year in college.  Watched it in some cheesy bar at the hotel....there were steeler fans cheering on the Vikings.  Yep, they have ruined a number of Christmases, but I keep coming back for more... Cry
Reply/Quote
I will watch. My family is coming over the next day.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 04:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Remember it like it was yesterday.  Boomer really faded down the stretch with a severe shoulder injury that he tried to work through.  Precision was a key cog for that offense and he really lost accuracy with that shoulder.  

I was actually in Florida with my family on vacation.  Sophomore year in college.  Watched it in some cheesy bar at the hotel....there were steeler fans cheering on the Vikings.  Yep, they have ruined a number of Christmases, but I keep coming back for more... Cry

That was the same injury he sustained at the end of '88 wasn't it?  Or did he re-injure it?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 12:55 PM)bengals67 Wrote: First game I will not watch in at least the last 8 years.

Dinner with family and church will take priority.

sadly, perhaps, I would have scheduled church and dinner with family around this game in prior years.

Church on Christmas Eve?

For me, my Christmas Eve is pretty open, so I might watch. I won't be making my Christmas visit to family until January, and not much family here in Michigan. The kids will open presents in the morning and I plan to attend evening Church services.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wait, is the game on NFL Network?

Cannot watch NFL Network. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 04:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was the same injury he sustained at the end of '88 wasn't it?  Or did he re-injure it?

I am not sure.  He did that underwear ad and hit the weight room hard due to a little vanity and his shoulder really paid the price.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 03:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember Christmas night '89 against the Vikings?  Playing final game of the year on Monday night with a playoff spot on the line.  Not only do we lose and miss the playoffs, but the AFC team that made it because of our loss was the Steelers.  The network had a camera on them celebrating when we lost.

Reminds me of the '86 team.  They went 10-6 and needed either Miami to beat New England or vice versa on Monday Night Football, and whoever was favored to win (and that we needed to win) lost.  They kept doing cut-a-ways to Boomer, Colinsworth and a few others sitting at a restaurant watching the game and as their season was ending.  It was painful watching as it unfolded.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching.  My family does a "snacky dinner" every Christmas Eve (it was originally a break from the constant beans and rice we used to feed our 5 children every night).  After that I'll find a TV and settle down to see if the Grinch steals the Bengals' Christmas.  We may not be in it but I always love watching them.  There's plenty of developmental stuff to watch, and I have a feeling we win this one.

Hope all of you have a great Christmas whether you're watching the game, handling in laws or worshiping in church.
Reply/Quote
The Grinch may have already stolen the Bengals Christmas.

But will still watch the Bengals.

Am a glutton for punishment it seems.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I get almost as excited about xmess as I do when some generic toilet paper company unveils their new embossing pattern, but not quite.. After all what is more exciting than a new embossing pattern on toilet paper? Admit it..it's something you always look forward to. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 12:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: I get almost as excited about xmess as I do when some generic toilet paper company unveils their new embossing pattern, but not quite.. After all what is more exciting than a new embossing pattern on toilet paper? Admit it..it's something you always look forward to. 

Dammit, get out of my head!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote