Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your All - Time Favorite Bengal

Tough, really tough. Love the good ole dudes like Munoz, Krumrie, Fulcher, Anderson, Brooks etc.

But i had to go with somebody from the now and hope they pan out like they showed once or twice before...

Atkins, Burfict, Green or Dunlap. If Geno or Taze get back to where they once were they are two of my faves of all time.

Dunlap has great potential and Green is already a top WR early in his career.

This was a hard one, could not pick just one.
Reply/Quote
So many fighting for number one for me :

Anderson, Munoz, Brooks, Boomer, Curtis, Krumrie

But Kenny Anderson wins out still
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Leon Hall.
Reply/Quote
This guy...and here is an amazing career highlight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTFq_IZ_QI
Reply/Quote
John Simmons CB in the 80s was my dad's neighbor, so I always liked him even though he was only here for a few years. Super nice guy, played basketball with me as a kid.

But outside of John and because I knew him (sort of anyhow), I liked Fulcher. That dude could level an oak tree with a hit.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:31 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mine has to be Chris Collingsworth. He made some great catches during his career and is a great commentator.

He was your favorite, but you don't know his name? Tongue

My favorite was Pete Johnson. Loved watching that big man run.
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson...not Ochocinco.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz and Ken Anderson are the all-time greatest Bengals, but my player would have to be Dan Ross. Man that guy was clutch.
Reply/Quote
I started following the team loosely around the 2005/2006 season and properly from the 2008 draft.

In that time the most professional, most engaging in interviews, best leader, most consistent and talented has been Whitworth. I will sorely miss him when he goes.

Reply/Quote
I was born in 1980, so I really only remember one SB appearance. And then things got BAD, as I really became a true fan in the 90's and 00's. 

In truth, the player I liked most was Palmer. The 05 season was the first time I ever saw my team play elite Super Bowl quality ball. And as the years progressed, despite the ups and downs, CP always made me feel like we were in the games, or that we could put together a game winning drive. It also felt good to have a legit franchise QB in the age of Brady and Manning.  In truth, the way he left town didn't sour him at all for me, because I understood the frustrations. Yes, he throws a lot of picks, but could you imagine CP's deep ball with AJ? I might get some grief for this, but it's the truth from where I stand.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Toughy......

Out of Krumrie, Boomer, and JB, I'm going with JB.

If I could go coaches.....Sammie Wyche....

Dooood?!?

How can you not say Boomer?

Boomer was the master of the play action.  Yeah JB was great but man Boomer made even the announcers and camera man confused.

Plus he ran that sweet ass Sam Wyche offense.  Such a cerebral player with the physical tools and fire to win.

I love the story about him giving Shula the phone number of a pizza joint, when asked for his personal number.

I'm just bustin' your balls man.  There really is no wrong answer. [Image: tongue.png]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bobby Kemp. Dude could hit like a truck.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
My all time favorite is Ken Anderson
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:42 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Too many to pick just one, but on this particular moment, I'll name James Brooks.

Not my favorite, but boy was he good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzjg6UwF9fQ
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go with TJ. That guy was clutch, and played his ass off. He also hated the Steelers as much as I do.
Reply/Quote
Ill have to go with Chad.

I was "forced" to watch this American football, in 2004 ( Not a very common sport in Denmark ).
My friend was a Raven fan and off cause i cheered against the opponent.

I remember that Chad did stand out in this game, both as a football player, and entertainer. And I thought, this was fun to watch.
From here it took off, and i love this sport !!! :)

Also the Chad of the old days, is a very great memory, both as a entertainer ( On the field ) but sure as a hell of a ball player!

Sad to see the way it ended with him.
Reply/Quote
Chris Henry. The single best athlete the Bengals have ever had.

Chris Henry made Chad Johnson and T.J.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dooood?!?

How can you not say Boomer?

Boomer was the master of the play action.  Yeah JB was great but man Boomer made even the announcers and camera man confused.

Plus he ran that sweet ass Sam Wyche offense.  Such a cerebral player with the physical tools and fire to win.

I love the story about him giving Shula the phone number of a pizza joint, when asked for his personal number.

I'm just bustin' your balls man.  There really is no wrong answer. [Image: tongue.png]

I agree with everything you say.....it was a tough call.  My all time fave is Sam, but Boomer is right up there.....in fact, my username is an homage to both he and Wyche....see the avi.

The only thing that swayed me to JB was the fact that I like those guys who fly under the radar, except for the coaches.....I love a good presser and soundbites from a coach.  JB was never flashy, never showed off, but that guy brought his damn lunch pail to work EVERY Sunday.  Like I said.....it was a tough call, Krumrie was like that too.  Of course I loved Boomer, and he was a master of the play action fake.  That said, how effective is that play action pass without James Brooks being the mutli-dimensional threat he was? Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who is your all time fav that's ever put on a Bengal uniform?  Only one player.

Me:

Jim LeClair - A hard assed MLB for sho'!

I liked LeClair too. He always seemed to almost jump offside as he was about to blitz up the middle or fake a blitz. For some reason, I thought that was cool. Of course, I was only around 9 or 10. I was sad to see him leave the Bengals, but glad he was going to play for the only professional football team I openly rooted for not named Cincinnati Bengals (the New Jersey Generals) who were freaking stacked before the league folded.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz and Ken Anderson in a tie for me.
Reply/Quote