Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your All - Time Favorite Bengal
(05-19-2015, 02:06 AM)Shady Wrote: Mine, too. I wish Andy had that kind of fire in his belly.

Agreed. Boomer was the man.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton... but seriously Corey Dillon. I don't know how the hell Dillon isn't in the HoF. I mean he was the only reason the Bengals won any games back then. I remember one game he had almost 300 yards rushing and 2 TDs. I mean seriously? almost 300 yards rushing? I remember that broke Jim Browns single game record (NFL record at the time).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who is your all time fav that's ever put on a Bengal uniform?  Only one player.

Me:

Jim LeClair - A hard assed MLB for sho'!

I think the one guy that played with a nasty attitude and was an "ahead of his time" RB was James Brooks.

Not a big guy, but he would lower his shoulder and pop a DB rather than go out of bounds and avoid contact. He was an amazing receiver, as well.

When I see Gio and Hill, I see a faint resemblance between Brooks and Ickey Woods.

I also loved Chad Johnson, for putting himself out there and backing it up. I loved Boomer. And at one time (puke), I thought Carl Pickens was the most amazing receiver I had ever seen. He was crazy good before he lost his mind.
I always loved Fulcher. I fell for Whit when he fought back against that one player on the Raiders after he hit Dalton late, and the time he started throwing punches at Haynesworth for trying to gouge his eyes out.

All things considered, I think I have to go with James Brooks.
Reply/Quote
Personal favorite? Chris Henry

But I didn't start watching football much until 2004-2005.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 12:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, so many you could go with...but if I had to pick just one, I would say James Brooks. Could do it all...run, catch, block...and pound for pound, was one of the toughest guys to ever wear the stripes.

I replied to the OP before reading everyone's choices, but I completely agree here. Tough as nails in every facet of the game.
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown - because he wouldn't put up with this shit we're dealing with today.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
James Brooks. The most underrated running back of all time. Actually had tears in my eyes when he left the Bengals.

Followed by David Fulcher.
Reply/Quote
1. Munoz
2. Boomer
3. James Brooks
4. David Fulcher
5. Tim Krumrie
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Toughy......

Out of Krumrie, Boomer, and JB, I'm going with JB.

If I could go coaches.....Sammie Wyche....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Tie between Ken Anderson and Anthony Munoz. Both HOF talent, both good team mates and both Gentlemen off and on the field!
Reply/Quote
Ickey Woods.

I was a kid in the 80s, grew up with both the Super Bowl appearances. Ickey's career was short, but he was one of those players that amazed a dough faced kid from the sticks. Boomer was the other, and is as much a part of my Bengal history — probably moreso — than Woods.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Ickey Woods.

I was a kid in the 80s, grew up with both the Super Bowl appearances. Ickey's career was short, but he was one of those players that amazed a dough faced kid from the sticks. Boomer was the other, and is as much a part of my Bengal history — probably moreso — than Woods.

Loved Ickey as well.....but it was just too short....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Boomer Esiason
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Loved Ickey as well.....but it was just too short....

That's probly helped elevate him some in the eyes of some of us. We didn't really get to see him decline (Chad, Hall, etc) or he didn't flame out during the final few years (Chad, Willie, etc) or leave the team and be overly critical (Boomer).
Reply/Quote
Offense - Darnay Scott. Not the best guy we ever had, but when Blake started throwing deep balls, Scott was great.

Defense - David Fulcher. Nothing I didn't like about this guy. Hammered people. Was great on Tecmo as well.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Picking just one is very tough. I didn't become a fan until 98.

I usually answer this question with Kevin Kaesviharn (not a joke), but I really enjoyed watching Willie Anderson just maul defenders.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wow..........not sure I could select just one.

1) Anthony Munoz - Greatest LT to ever play the game
2) David Fulcher
3) Kenny Anderson
4) Tim Krumrie
5) James Francis

I would say all of these guys would be at the top of my list.
Reply/Quote
Quote:I fell for Whit when he fought back against that one player on the Raiders after he hit Dalton late, and the time he started throwing punches at Haynesworth for t

Sorry for cutting everything off,am on my phone lol.

Was John Henderson: Haynesworth never played for the Jags.

1. Boomer
2. Whitworth
3. John Copeland
4. Tony McGee
5. Dunlap

Have a strong feeling 2 will surpass 1 very soon.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
KENNY ANDERSON.
Reply/Quote