Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Ideal O-line Scenario
It's funny on twitter with a bunch of people expecting the Bengals to make big signings today...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 10:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What is your ideal scenario for addressing the line and trying to keep it semi reasonable in terms of money and players?

My personal ideal scenario would look something like this:

Release Collins now and save the 4.8m.

Sign Jermaine Eluemunor to start at RT.
Sign Fleming or Beachum as the swing tackle.
Sign Wes Schweitzer. He can play all 3 interior spots, has starting experience and and has usually been solid in the run and pass game, even though he had a down year this past season in Washington. A solid depth piece and insurance policy if you can get him in the 2.5-3m range. 

Draft Anton Harrison if he's still there at 28. He doesn't need to start this year, but can if needed at either T spot. 

Williams
Volson
Karras
Cappa
Eluemunor

Harrison
Fleming or Beachum
Schweitzer
Carman

This scenario revamps the line as a whole for about 6m this year, when you deduct the Collins savings...adding a RT who can also play both G spots, a competent veteran swing tackle, an interior lineman who can play 3 spots and the LT of the future who can start this year if needed. Upgrades the depth, versatility and provides insurance at every position. And you can still keep Carman around just in case. [Image: s0256.gif]

Wait and see on Collins, trade Williams replace with Carmen. Draft a RT at #28, probably won’t start right away. Draft IOL at rnd 4. Replace Adeniji in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope they take Anton Harrison with pick 28 if he’s there.I hope they at least take a RT in the first round,even if they don’t do anything else for this OL,they at least need to take a RT in round 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 02:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Don’t know about that but right now Oklahoma Sooner OL guys are raking it in. Trent Williams (best LT) Lane Johnson (a top RT) Creed Humphrey (#2 C), G Ben Powers ( formerly Ravens) just got a huge free agent deal $10 million per year from Denver. Anton Harrison likely first rounder.

Not going to counter with a massive list (too much time and not interested) but there are TONS of busts as Big 12 offensive linemen.  Especially tackles.  

You named two tackles, and then a G and a C.   The conversation was about tackle.  McGlinchey played his college ball at Notre Dame, but his success at SF could be related to the scheme.  Like a lot of Big 12 teams, they don't ask them to sustain blocks like the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not going to counter with a massive list (too much time and not interested) but there are TONS of busts as Big 12 offensive linemen.  Especially tackles.  

You named two tackles, and then a G and a C.   The conversation was about tackle.  McGlinchey played his college ball at Notre Dame, but his success at SF could be related to the scheme.  Like a lot of Big 12 teams, they don't ask them to sustain blocks like the Bengals.  

I forgot one… Orlando Brown too. I’m not familiar with the other schools like I am Oklahoma. Right now OU has some of the top OL. The rest of college football has caught up with the Big 12 and RPO. They are all doing it as is Cincy.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:10 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I forgot one… Orlando Brown too. I’m not familiar with the other schools like I am Oklahoma. Right now OU has some of the top OL. The rest of college football has caught up with the Big 12 and RPO. They are all doing it as is Cincy.

I'm wondering what's going on with him. What teams are interested? What contract amounts?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm wondering what's going on with him. What teams are interested? What contract amounts?

With all of the big numbers that were flying around yesterday, the asking price must be astronomical if no team has agreed with him yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all of the big numbers that were flying around yesterday, the asking price must be astronomical if no team has agreed with him yet.

Probably and Orlando Brown has an attitude to boot and primarily plays LT. He doesn't look like a fit for us. Have to look around as I 
had too much snow to move yesterday to really keep up. Is Eluemunor still available?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably and Orlando Brown has an attitude to boot and primarily plays LT. He doesn't look like a fit for us. Have to look around as I 
had too much snow to move yesterday to really keep up. Is Eluemunor still available?

If he is, he's didn't make the 100 best free agents available list that I was just perusing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he is, he's didn't make the 100 best free agents available list that I was just perusing.

So he is gone then probably. Damn. Still would like George Fant then if he is available and trades can still be on the table.

As much as all the focus is on Safety right now, RT is still my biggest concern. But it is still really early. Like Au165 said in 
the flip out thread about this being the worst FA in the Burrow era it was a week after the start of FA when we initially signed
Vonn Bell in the first place. Far from over is this Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So he is gone then probably. Damn. Still would like George Fant then if he is available and trades can still be on the table.

As much as all the focus is on Safety right now, RT is still my biggest concern. But it is still really early. Like Au165 said in 
the flip out thread about this being the worst FA in the Burrow era it was a week after the start of FA when we initially signed
Vonn Bell in the first place. Far from over is this Free Agency.

I don't know, I searched him and no news of any deal or signing popped up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know, I searched him and no news of any deal or signing popped up.

Eluemunor is on his honeymoon/vacation right now I believe (just got married). Not sure he's in a rush. But he is still available. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he is, he's didn't make the 100 best free agents available list that I was just perusing.

I just saw a Top 100 free agents list that had OBJ as like 7.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I've tried to type out my "ideal" scenario a couple of different times and a couple of different ways but it always relies on something drastic happening because this Offensive Tackle Free Agent and Draft Classes are just bad.

I will say that there is a good possibility that an IOL might not be drafted in round one or if so only one. That means at picks 60 and 92 there's a good shot at a good IOL Prospect.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:11 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Eluemunor is on his honeymoon/vacation right now I believe (just got married). Not sure he's in a rush. But he is still available. 

Great news, here we are all flippin' out and Eluemunor the one dude I wanted us to get as an outside FA is still out there...

Thanks Bengalpool. Cool

(03-14-2023, 02:18 PM)Synric Wrote: I've tried to type out my "ideal" scenario a couple of different times and a couple of different ways but it always relies on something drastic happening because this Offensive Tackle Free Agent and Draft Classes are just bad.

I will say that there is a good possibility that an IOL might not be drafted in round one or if so only one. That means at picks 60 and 92 there's a good shot at a good IOL Prospect.

Avila is my guy if he falls in the 2nd if we go IOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, here we are all flippin' out and Eluemunor the one dude I wanted us to get as an outside FA is still out there...

From PFF regarding Eluemunor :

From Week 7 through the end of the season, Eluemunor's 83.1 pass-blocking grade ranked fourth among right tackles, with his 4.0% pressure rate allowed on true pass sets (2.0 seconds or more, straight dropback, screens/play action removed) also the fourth-best mark at the position.

Get this guy signed.  He is exactly what we need at RT and should come at an affordable price.

Kelvin Beachum was re-signed by Arizona so he is off the table now. He is someone I thought could add needed depth
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 03:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: From PFF regarding Eluemunor :

From Week 7 through the end of the season, Eluemunor's 83.1 pass-blocking grade ranked fourth among right tackles, with his 4.0% pressure rate allowed on true pass sets (2.0 seconds or more, straight dropback, screens/play action removed) also the fourth-best mark at the position.

Get this guy signed.  He is exactly what we need at RT and should come at an affordable price.

Kelvin Beachum was re-signed by Arizona so he is off the table now.  He is someone I thought could add needed depth

Yes sir on Eluemunor, exactly what we need and from what that shown he is probably an upgrade over La'el in pass protection.

If we can get this for around 5 mil a year it is a major steal to help keep this Offense near the top and our Franchise QB upright.

Thanks for that on Beachum, I also wanted him for depth, oh well.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all of the big numbers that were flying around yesterday, the asking price must be astronomical if no team has agreed with him yet.

I think he wants to reset the market...like 25M APY. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote