Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite movie comedies?
(07-13-2020, 03:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Some good sports classics were Slap Shot and The Longest Yard. I thought Major League was pretty good too (the first one). Happy Gilmore and Tin Cup are also two that I loved a lot.

Can't leave out Bull Durham.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 07:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Same here. My favorite was the Big Lebowski, followed by Oh Brother.

I’d throw in the comedy list, Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles.

The scene where Walter and the Dude spread Donny’s ashes in the ocean is hilarious. When my mom died she was cremated and she wanted me to spread half her ashes on her parent’s graves and the other half on my brother’s grave. All I could think of was the ashes scene from The Big Lebowski. And it would make me laugh. So then I had this fear I would laugh inappropriately while spreading my Mom’s ashes because of The Big Lebowski. My Mom would have thought it was funny if her ashes did get blown all over me like in The Big Lebowski which just made it funnier to me. So when we got to the cemetery, I got out of the car and was like, “Damn, I think the winds picking up.” When I spread her ashes I kinda sprinkled them out about 2-3” above the ground so the wind couldn’t catch them and blow them on me. All while trying to keep a straight face thinking, “God damn it, Walter! What was that shit about a Vietnam?”

About four years later, I thought my daughter was old enougH to watch that scene then I explained to her and my wife what I was as thinking at the time. My wife said, “Oh, now it makes sense. I thought you were spreading those ashes kinda weird.”
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 03:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: HG forever; my pick for Sandler's best film he's ever done.

As for the topic, Blues Brothers. And not 2000.

Blues Brothers. My favorite car chase scene. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more cars crashed in a single chase.
Reply/Quote
I thought Team America World Police was pretty funny.

Check out The Campaign if you have never seen it. Underrated.

This Is The End. You’ll thank me later.

Michael Palin in A Fish Called Wanda is hilarious.

Just remembered Old School.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 130723dumb-dumber1.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I thought Clerks was hilarious the first time I saw it. Haven't watched it in a long time.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Groundhog_Day_%28movie_poster%29.jpg]

Favorite Comedy. But there is one classic "stupid" comedy and that would be

[Image: 51HV97CDVQL._SY445_.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned (Big Lebowski, Clerks, Slap Shot), but some that have not...

Dr. Strangelove
Snatch
Rushmore
Dazed and Confused
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Shaun of the Dead
The Nice Guys
After Hours
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
What We Do in the Shadows

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 01:16 AM)samhain Wrote: I thought Clerks was hilarious the first time I saw it. Haven't watched it in a long time.

Clerks 2 had me falling out of the chair laughing at the Tiajuana Donkey scene.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned (Big Lebowski, Clerks, Slap Shot), but some that have not...

Dr. Strangelove
Snatch
Rushmore
Dazed and Confused
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Shaun of the Dead
The Nice Guys
After Hours
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
What We Do in the Shadows

“Gentlemen, there’s no fighting in the War Room!” is my favorite line from that movie.
Reply/Quote
BASEketball was another good one. I laughed too hard at that movie. Yet, seemed not too many others liked it as well or even watched the movie. Also was very fond of Half Baked.

Reply/Quote
I know everyone loves Anchorman, and I saw someone mentioned The Campaign (which I agree is underrated), but my favorite Will Ferrell movie is probably Step Brothers. I’ve watched it so many times and it never gets old.

It’s the ***** Catalina Wine Mixer!

I also forgot The National Lampoon’s Vacation movies. The first one and Christmas are classics.

Reply/Quote
Life of Brian.
Reply/Quote
The Princess Bride

along with Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Big Lebowski and Brazil
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 12:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Michael Palin in A Fish Called Wanda is hilarious.

One of the finest films that anyone in that cast has done; Kevin Kline won an Oscar for that film.

Asssss-------hoooooooooooooooooooooooollllleeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Several of my favorites are already mentioned here so I’ll throw out a couple under the radar ones.

The Hollywood knights. Similar to porkys

A good old fashioned orgy. Jason sudeikas stars. Never heard of it until my wife brought it home from Redbox. Figured if we didn’t like it it was only a buck.

Still a fan of 48 hours.

From way back, you have to look this one up. The groove tube. Chevy chase is hysterical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With most of these lists I find it hard to pick just one favorite, but I can honestly say that "Raising Arizona" is my all time favorite comedy.

Honorable mention:

Blues Brothers
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Take the Money and Run
Young Frankenstein
Big Lebowski
Anchorman
Airplane
Blazing Saddles
Talladega Nights

others i thought of

Tropic Thunder
Office Space
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Platoon
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 12:35 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This Is The End. You’ll thank me later.

Yes they will.

[Image: 282568c5e5d05146761e556eabecba81.png]
Reply/Quote
Lots of great movies here.

I thought the Jump Street remakes did a pretty good job at being self-aware comedies.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 12:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: Life of Brian.

I always have a hard time picking between Holy Grail and Life of Brian.

Reply/Quote