Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown
Hi guys!  Glad to be back!  Do you like my hat?

[Image: ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.wcpo.com%2Fphot...40_480.jpg]
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Do they have Wendy’s there?

Sigh...unfortunately, no. There are some Wendy's locations in New Zealand and Indonesia, though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is probably why they hired him.

He's really good at brown nosing.

I say we all chip in and get Zac Taylor a nice mug to welcome him.

[Image: feat11-1024x683.png]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Give me my dream job and a salary 4 times or more of what I'm currently making and I'll say whatever you want me to in the media. :)

Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: New Bengals coach Zac Taylor spent an hour with the media at the NFL's annual meeting on Tuesday. Taylor raved about Bengals owner Mike Brown and said Brown wants to win more than anything. He said the relationship was something different because he talks to him every day and doesn't think there are many owners that basically have an open door policy. "Can you imagine (taking a step back)? It’s something you done every day of your life. I would never want to walk away from it. I wouldn’t want it any other way," Taylor said. Taylor said he didn't know how many coaches talk to their owner every day, but said his previous experiences were different. "The two I worked for previously didn’t live in that city," he said. "Obviously probably not talking every day if you live elsewhere. And they were great owners. But they lived elsewhere."

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41059207-4

Well, Taylor wasn't more than 5 or 6 years old when Mikey boy systematically dismantled a proud franchise and turned it into a laughing stock of all of professional sports.

All I have to say to Mike Brown is that you better hope you father isn't waiting for you on the other side.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Zac likes Andy as a starting QB: "See I told you Andy was great; everybody doubting Andy can now suck an egg".

Zac likes Mike as an owner: "Zac is an idiot; everybody that liked the hire can suck an egg".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lol, I’m seriously starting to doubt this Taylor guy. Guess I’m the idiot I wanted this guy back in November. I don’t like any of his hires so far n free agency has pretty much stunk with the Hart signing as the cherry on top. Maybe I was wrong about Marvin after all. Or maybe the plan is to suck for QB Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
I understand the anger and frustration steered to Troy because he has been part of a bad FO for years, and his statement was ridiculous. ZT doesn’t deserve the same focus as Troy just because he said he liked working with MB. Can’t judge him for poor results with this team until he actually earns it. And when is it not the proper thing to do be kind to the guy who signs your paycheck?

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 02:31 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol, I’m seriously starting to doubt this Taylor guy.  Guess I’m the idiot I wanted this guy back in November.   I don’t like any of his hires so far n free agency has pretty much stunk with the Hart signing as the cherry on top.   Maybe I was wrong about Marvin after all.   Or maybe the plan is to suck for QB Lawrence.

I'm not ready to say he's going to be a 100% failure, but I see a lot of red flags all over this.

We might find that Marvin Lewis was actually a genius that figured out a way to be semi-successful in a broken structure. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, so this is how he got the job.

I'm a little less optimistic about him than I was before.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:01 AM)McC Wrote: His credibility will  begin and end on the field.

Pfft...

We'll have picked him apart by OTAs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lol I don't see how everyone can get their panties in a bunch about things like this. Who cares? He is never going to shit talk his boss to the media, and for all you know he could be doing this to gain favor and have more leeway with the team. I'm still skeptical about his coaching ability, but the only thing that will affect the way I see him is the product he puts out on the field
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We all deal with this sort of thing, don't we?  Mike Brown WANTS to win like your wife who eats half a gallon of ice cream every night WANTS to look good in a bikini.  We all WANT things we don't even attempt to attain.

I can't even count the number of people I knew who WANTED SO BADLY to be famous actors or musicians or something, yet didn't take a single acting class, or write a single song, or blah blah blah.

Actions speak louder than words.  If Mike Brown WANTED to win at all (much less so badly, for serious you guys) he would have hired a GM after the Akli Smith debacle.  

Exactly !

I don't doubt for a nanosecond MB wants to win. But it's not his stop at nothing, have to have it at any cost, deep down in his heart and soul burning desire.

Like you say if he was prepared to do "whatever" it took he would have hired a GM back in the 90's. Fired ML after 08 or 10. Got rid of the piano man well before he did and on and on and on.

The narrative for years now has been nobody will ever get out of MB what ML did. Here's to hoping ZT can.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
All owners want to win. The resources they are willing to invest towards that goal is what separates them.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I understand the anger and frustration steered to Troy because he has been part of a bad FO for years, and his statement was ridiculous. ZT doesn’t deserve the same focus as Troy just because he said he liked working with MB. Can’t judge him for poor results with this team until he actually earns it. And when is it not the proper thing to do be kind to the guy who signs your paycheck?

Oh I agree,

I'm not putting ZT down for saying what he did, I do believe Mike wants to win. But we're waaayyyyyyyyy past the point with MB that he has to put his money where his mouth is.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: All owners want to win. The resources they are willing to invest towards that goal is what separates them.

And using good old fashioned common sense. 

"Ok, I've been the defacto GM for a dozen years now or whatever, perhaps I should let someone else try" ?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just move the damn team to Mexico City.

Nobody in this country wants to watch this FO shit show in the U.S. anymore.

Speak for yourself. I, for one, would hate it if he took the team elsewhere, and I am pretty sure I'm not alone. There are 31 other teams you can go root for..... no one is making you be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Speak for yourself. I, for one, would hate it if he took the team elsewhere, and I am pretty sure I'm not alone. There are 31 other teams you can go root for..... no one is making you be a Bengals fan.

I do speak for myself.

It's ingrained from me to be a Bengals fan from a child and nostalgia point of view.

As far as the ownership and their buddies I couldn't give a rat's ass about them.

They deserve about as much respect from me as an internet poster...  probably...  no, most certainly... less.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Zac Taylor pretty much loves everyone we've complained about...here is hoping we are all complete morons and he's right.

hes not the first person to say these things about mike brown

just nobody listens
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes not the first person to say these things about mike brown

just nobody listens

Can you blame people?

The 90's this franchise was HORRIBLE and he hasn't won a playoff game since he's been the owner - 27 years and counting.

How dare people not listen to how bad he wants to win!
Reply/Quote