Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown
(10-02-2019, 01:43 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Either Zac was blowing smoke up his new boss’ ass... or they are two peas in a pod: Delusional and in over their heads. And if that is the case, Zac already has a job here as long as he wants. Results be damned.

This is a truly horrifying scenario

If Zac wants to change things he's got to get on his boss' right side.

The more he needs to change things the more he's got to blow that smoke.
Reply/Quote
The way we started i'm not impressed with Zac in fact i'm quite concerned. but what do you expect Zac to say about his boss?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This statement is what always makes me question if he really wants to win.

What is more important, success and winning or being right?

If I'm an owner of anything, and after 30 years hell let's be honest if after 10 years I'm failing horribly doing it my way while others succeed, I'm hiring people away from the successful places and saying, makes us successful too. 

Winning I think would be nice to Mike, but he is too stubborn to actually do what it takes to win. Like, fire all the family hires who don't know football. Hire scouts, hire a GM, hire an assistant GM, and get out of the damn way.

Mike Brown wants to win. He just doesn't want to do WHATEVER IT TAKES. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mike Brown wants to win. He just doesn't want to do WHATEVER IT TAKES. 

He wants to win but he doesn't know how to and is afraid of returning to the 90s.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 01:59 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: He wants to win but he doesn't know how to and is afraid of returning to the 90s.

He'll never admit to not knowing how to win. Even if we ALL can clearly see that he has no clue how to win in the NFL.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
What would you expect Dave Shula........I mean,..... Zac Taylor to say ?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:29 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Lol, what do you expect him to say?

How about: Our team owner is completely incompetent and I expect to be fired within the hour for being honest..and he's extraordinarily loyal to the people least deserving of that loyalty..
Yeah..I know.. I tend toward the fantasy side of things but it would at least be honest.. What I don't expect is unfiltered honesty.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ugh...
Reply/Quote
I've said many times over the years that I have no doubt that Mike wants to win, would like to win and prefers winning to losing. The problem has always been that he's not willing to do what it takes to make that happen... like hiring a real GM, updating / expanding the scouting department, taking a chance on upper tier FA's when needed, getting rid of dead weight sooner, being smarter with the money he is spending (Hart, Webb, etc). Until he is willing to do those things and not consistently just settle, justify and defend failure - I don't see how anything ever truly changes with this franchise. 

Even more concerning is that the triple-headed brain trust of Katie, Troy and Duke seem to be very much in the same mold and way of thinking as Mike himself. Like Mike... I'm sure they all want to win, but I just don't know if they are any more capable than him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've said many times over the years that I have no doubt that Mike wants to win, would like to win and prefers winning to losing. The problem has always been that he's not willing to do what it takes to make that happen... like hiring a real GM, updating / expanding the scouting department, taking a chance on upper tier FA's when needed, getting rid of dead weight sooner, being smarter with the money he is spending (Hart, Webb, etc). Until he is willing to do those things and not consistently just settle, justify and defend failure - I don't see how anything ever truly changes with this franchise. 

Even more concerning is that the triple headed brain trust of Katie, Troy and Duke seem to be very much in the same mold and way of thinking as Mike himself. Like Mike... I'm sure they all want to win, but I just don't know if they are any more capable than Mike.

Is there anyone in life that actually likes to lose?

He's just a terrible owner and manager of an NFL Team IF his sole priority is winning. It of course isn't. Profitability is likely goal 1A with winning being 1B or 2.
Reply/Quote