Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT Raves About Bengals Owner Mike Brown
Of course by these comments you are going to have a group of fans that immediately will smack talk ZT. They will label him a moron and start talking about the days of guys like Dave Shula. The thing is that anyone that is actually in football circles and has even the slightest intimate knowledge of the man that is Mike Brown speaks about him much differently than this group of fans do. They consistently speak of how much he wants to win and about his knowledge of the game.

Of course I am sure they are all wrong and this small group of "fans" knows way more about the game and about the inner workings of Bengals management than any of them do.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:39 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Of course by these comments you are going to have a group of fans that immediately will smack talk ZT. They will label him a moron and start talking about the days of guys like Dave Shula. The thing is that anyone that is actually in football circles and has even the slightest intimate knowledge of the man that is Mike Brown speaks about him much differently than this group of fans do. They consistently speak of how much he wants to win and about his knowledge of the game.

Of course I am sure they are all wrong and this small group of "fans" knows way more about the game and about the inner workings of Bengals management than any of them do.

Do you think there are owners in the NFL that don't want to win?

How do you explain him not winning a single playoff game in 27+ years with all of his 'football knowledge' and 'desire to win'? What do you attribute the lack of success to?
Reply/Quote
These are the type of comments you would expect to hear from a first time head coach about his employer especially while still in the honeymoon stage. I totally get how this cheeses off Bengals fans especially on the heels of all the “New Dey” bs and the uneventful FA haul that followed. Taylor had better have his sideline game “on fleek” (did I use that right?), because it certainly appears that he is setting up and or being set up to fail.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can you blame people?

The 90's this franchise was HORRIBLE and he hasn't won a playoff game since he's been the owner - 27 years and counting.

How dare people not listen to how bad he wants to win!

wanting to win and knowning how aren't the same thing lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 01:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Zac likes Andy as a starting QB: "See I told you Andy was great; everybody doubting Andy can now suck an egg".

Zac likes Mike as an owner: "Zac is an idiot; everybody that liked the hire can suck an egg".

"In today's episode of made up things said by people who don't exist.."
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:39 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Of course by these comments you are going to have a group of fans that immediately will smack talk ZT. They will label him a moron and start talking about the days of guys like Dave Shula. The thing is that anyone that is actually in football circles and has even the slightest intimate knowledge of the man that is Mike Brown speaks about him much differently than this group of fans do. They consistently speak of how much he wants to win and about his knowledge of the game.

The only NFLer I've ever had a lengthy conversation with was, ironically, Kimo Von Olhofen.  He had much better things to say about Mike than I did.... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I understand the anger and frustration steered to Troy because he has been part of a bad FO for years, and his statement was ridiculous. ZT doesn’t deserve the same focus as Troy just because he said he liked working with MB. Can’t judge him for poor results with this team until he actually earns it. And when is it not the proper thing to do be kind to the guy who signs your paycheck?

I agree. Taylor hasn't produced poor results, or good results for that matter. We have to wait and see.

Of course, the leash will be short. If Taylor doesn't outperform Marvin he'll quickly become unwelcome. Really liking Mike Brown will just make it easier for fans to reject Taylor if he doesn't perform right away. Fair or not that's how it could go down.

But the ball is still in Taylor's court. He is taking over a team that started 4-1 last year and if he can win in the playoffs he could end up being a very welcomed guy. It's all about how he performs this year.

Reply/Quote

Exactly.  Ill take words over decades of results every day.  I sure as shinola wouldn't be a Bengals fan if results were the most important thing in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:01 AM)McC Wrote: His credibility will  begin and end on the field.

Absolutely this. Nothing else matters.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:01 AM)McC Wrote: His credibility will  begin and end on the field.

He may have to quickly learn that "wanting to win" is only good enough if you own the team. 
Reply/Quote
Seriously, if you're mad at ZT for complementing his boss, you need to pull your head out of your butt. This is the definition of complaining just to complain.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 06:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Seriously, if you're mad at ZT for complementing his boss, you need to pull your head out of your butt. This is the definition of complaining just to complain.

I'm not mad, it's just bitterly amusing.  Its like when Hue said his 1-15 and soon to be 0-16 Browns could win the SB.  Sure, he's got to say it, but you can't really blame people for scoffing at the absurdity of it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not mad, it's just bitterly amusing.  Its like when Hue said his 1-15 and soon to be 0-16 Browns could win the SB.  Sure, he's got to say it, but you can't really blame people for scoffing at the absurdity of it all.

Scoff away! Some people are definitely going past that, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hes not the first person to say these things about mike brown

just nobody listens

Yeah. He just gets a bad rap.

Those blue things rolling right past you on the floor are my eyes.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 07:43 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Scoff away! Some people are definitely going past that, though.

The fact that I can laugh at this team is evidence that I have indeed moved past it.  Cosmic, eh?
Reply/Quote
Obviously he should've said something more like "Mike Brown has let Bengals fans down for decades now. They are all right about his lack of desire to win. They know him better than the people who actually know him. Keep hating, its totally justified. Whodey? Everyone!"

They didnt hire Taylor to agree with fans and share in our frustration. I would rather him build this from a positive and glass half full mindset.
Reply/Quote
He should have said "Mike Brown is very passionate about football, for 1 hour every day he talks about wanting to win; but for the other 15 hours he talks about making money"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you think there are owners in the NFL that don't want to win?

How do you explain him not winning a single playoff game in 27+ years with all of his 'football knowledge' and 'desire to win'? What do you attribute the lack of success to?

Coaching, bad luck, injuries, player production...………...shall I go on. As stated the line between winning and losing in the NFL is a very fine one.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2019, 07:52 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Obviously he should've said something more like "Mike Brown has let Bengals fans down for decades now. They are all right about his lack of desire to win. They know him better than the people who actually know him. Keep hating, its totally justified. Whodey? Everyone!"  

They didnt hire Taylor to agree with fans and share in our frustration. I would rather him build this from a positive and glass half full mindset.

I'm surprised he didn't add that Mike Brown has a Mr Universe caliber body and he can play sweet lead guitar that makes Hendrix look like a rank amateur.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 04:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: The only NFLer I've ever had a lengthy conversation with was, ironically, Kimo Von Olhofen.  He had much better things to say about Mike than I did.... Smirk

Well I doubt MB is clueless. He's essentially been around football his whole life so I know he's picked things up.

I think it's his business model that's broken.

Imagine IF like mid-1990 the Bengals hire a GM like John Dorsey. Law of averages state they probably have 4-5 playoff wins right now and a Super Bowl appearance over that span.

They chose to just make minor tweaks to the model. Then when they made the playoffs 5 years in a row, they thought that was the pinnacle of success and the Model Model article came out.
Reply/Quote