Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT is 5-2 in his last 7 games
Dating back to the final three games of last season, ZT is 5-2 in his last 7 games. That's a 70% winning percentage. Project that for the next 13 games and you have 9 MORE wins. I know the schedule will get a lot tougher, but they beat pitt and Houston last year (who had DeShawn) with a roster that was nowhere near as talented as the one they have today.

I still believe that piggsburgh win was the "turning of the tide". They had a game plan using their limited options on offense, and the defense played with such ferocity. The Vonn Bell hit may have been the absolute signal point where the team's fortunes turned and he turned JJSS in to a meme.

I know they haven't had the toughest of games yet, but this is EXACTLY what this team needed: early success. This young squad is starting to believe they can play with anyone and absolutely believe in their coaches and QB.

Last night was the first "shakles off" game for Joe and the offense. The result? Burrow completed 78% of his passes to 8 different receivers, two TDs, ZERO INTs, and he showed that he and CJ are still a potential threat.

The defense has kept them in every game and the offense is starting to click. I'd love to see a better rushing attack, but if teams are going to load the box and stuff the run game, you have to make them pay and Burrow did. Over 10 YPA is flat getting it done.

Kudos to the coaches for adjustments and to the team for pulling out a win.

Who Dey!!!

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dating back to the final three games of last season, ZT is 5-2 in his last 7 games.  That's a 70% winning percentage.  Project that for the next 13 games and you have 9 MORE wins.  I know the schedule will get a lot tougher, but they beat pitt and Houston last year (who had DeShawn) with a roster that was nowhere near as talented as the one they have today.

I still believe that piggsburgh win was the "turning of the tide".  They had a game plan using their limited options on offense, and the defense played with such ferocity.  The Vonn Bell hit may have been the absolute signal point where the team's fortunes turned and he turned JJSS in to a meme.

I know they haven't had the toughest of games yet, but this is EXACTLY what this team needed:  early success.  This young squad is starting to believe they can play with anyone and absolutely believe in their coaches and QB.  

Last night was the first "shakles off" game for Joe and the offense.  The result?  Burrow completed 78% of his passes to 8 different receivers, two TDs, ZERO INTs, and he showed that he and CJ are still a potential threat.  

The defense has kept them in every game and the offense is starting to click.  I'd love to see a better rushing attack, but if teams are going to load the box and stuff the run game, you have to make them pay and Burrow did.  Over 10 YPA is flat getting it done.  

Who Dey!!!

Who Dey

Zac Taylor...... Stiller Killer
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Zac Taylor...... Stiller Killer

Seriously, though, I really feel like that hit by Bell was the proverbial changing of the tide for these two teams.  
Reply/Quote
So far this season we have won more games at Heinz Field than the Steelers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 08:21 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So far this season we have won more games at Heinz Field than the Steelers.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I love it.  Last night I heard Brady had more wins at Foxboro (this season) than the Pats.  Two fan bases I couldn't give a bigger deuce about. 

BTW, pissburgh has Denver and Seattle as their next two games (both at home).  Let's hope that winless streak continues.  I want to see that team implode, the fan base disappear, and basically become irrelevant for the next decade.  

Denver did lose Bridgewater, but still...they have a good defense.  
Reply/Quote
I said it in other threads. ZT and the coaching staff is doing a great job of half time adjustments. This was a major concern in the past, but we are actually better in the second half of games than in the first half so far.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If they can figure out what's going on in the first quarter, they may be a playoff team.

I have several issues with ZT as a play caller, but I can't deny that he has this team's support and love and that is a fair amount of the head coach's job. He takes feedback from Joe, he re-works his schemes and he treats his players great.

I just wish we had hired Joe Brady as our OC and had him calling plays...We'd be legitimate playoff contenders with better play calling.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If they can figure out what's going on in the first quarter, they may be a playoff team.

I have several issues with ZT as a play caller, but I can't deny that he has this team's support and love and that is a fair amount of the head coach's job. He takes feedback from Joe, he re-works his schemes and he treats his players great.

I just wish we had hired Joe Brady as our OC and had him calling plays...We'd be legitimate playoff contenders with better play calling.

Take a look at this from Thursday night as the team headed for the locker room at the end of the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals end up with a better record than 5-4 going into the Bye, I'll start becoming a believer.
My prediction after 4 games for the end of the season is 7 or 8 wins.
I think the remaining wins will come against: DET, NYJ, PIT, and 1-2 between the Browns, Ravens, and Broncos.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:07 AM)pally Wrote: Take a look at this from Thursday night as the team headed for the locker room at the end of the game

Biggest hugs from Burrow and Mixon. I thought Wyatt Ray might tackle him.... Hilarious

I've said from the 1st year, and maintained (and been criticized) , that I think Taylor will become a great coach for the Bengals. Although he has struggled with play calling at times, and I wish he'd let Callahan do it, he is getting better at it. In all the other areas of a Head Coach, like working with the front office, getting the right players, getting them to buy in, and setting a culture he has been excellent Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:07 AM)pally Wrote: Take a look at this from Thursday night as the team headed for the locker room at the end of the game

Yea, I saw that. Really cool stuff. I hope his playcalling improves because he seems like a good guy.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are 2-8 over their last 10 games.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Steelers are 2-8 over their last 10 games.

I'm not sure about their middle of the season opponents, but I think they lose their last 6 games as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dating back to the final three games of last season, ZT is 5-2 in his last 7 games.  That's a 70% winning percentage.  Project that for the next 13 games and you have 9 MORE wins.  I know the schedule will get a lot tougher, but they beat pitt and Houston last year (who had DeShawn) with a roster that was nowhere near as talented as the one they have today.

I still believe that piggsburgh win was the "turning of the tide".  They had a game plan using their limited options on offense, and the defense played with such ferocity.  The Vonn Bell hit may have been the absolute signal point where the team's fortunes turned and he turned JJSS in to a meme.

I know they haven't had the toughest of games yet, but this is EXACTLY what this team needed:  early success.  This young squad is starting to believe they can play with anyone and absolutely believe in their coaches and QB.  

Last night was the first "shakles off" game for Joe and the offense.  The result?  Burrow completed 78% of his passes to 8 different receivers, two TDs, ZERO INTs, and he showed that he and CJ are still a potential threat.  

The defense has kept them in every game and the offense is starting to click.  I'd love to see a better rushing attack, but if teams are going to load the box and stuff the run game, you have to make them pay and Burrow did.  Over 10 YPA is flat getting it done.  

Who Dey!!!

Who Dey

Laugh. Two of those games were against a reeling Steelers squad. All of the wins came against teams which have 0 or 1 win this season. That's a really low strength of schedule. The only team they've played this season who have more than 1 win was their loss. LOL

During the span you mention, the Ravens are the only Bengals opponent with a winning record and that game was a blow out for the Ravens.

We'll have to see how the Bengals do against the Ravens, Packers and Browns before we can even start to think about them possibly having turned the corner.

What I fear more than anything is the Bengals beating these bottom feeder teams while losing to all the decent teams and Taylor keeping his f'n job. Have to wait and see, but I would not count any chickens at this point.

Reply/Quote

Who Dey!!!

Who Dey

FLUFF PIECE!!!!  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just Great...If Zac keeps winning Mikey will never fire him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have crow to eat on Zac and the front office. I wanted us to hire Zac, but after 2 years of dreadful performance, I wanted Zac gone. While I do feel the FO has been too patient at times during the Mike Brown era, this is one instance where it seems patience will pay off.

I was also wrong on Lou. Our defense was Teryl Austin level bad over the last 2 years, but I guess that was a product of a massive rebuild.

This was our version of the Hue Jackson Browns. Only difference is, the Browns didn't keep Hue around long once they had the talent to win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 03:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Laugh. Two of those games were against a reeling Steelers squad. All of the wins came against teams which have 0 or 1 win this season. That's a really low strength of schedule. The only team they've played this season who have more than 1 win was their loss. LOL

During the span you mention, the Ravens are the only Bengals opponent with a winning record and that game was a blow out for the Ravens.

We'll have to see how the Bengals do against the Ravens, Packers and Browns before we can even start to think about them possibly having turned the corner.

What I fear more than anything is the Bengals beating these bottom feeder teams while losing to all the decent teams and Taylor keeping his f'n job. Have to wait and see, but I would not count any chickens at this point.

This post will be deemed "hate" due to the nature of the boards (and the internet in general), but these are valid points. We still won these games, and any wins have to be earned. That said, the true level of this team will be better guaged when we face better teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 11:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals end up with a better record than 5-4 going into the Bye, I'll start becoming a believer.
My prediction after 4 games for the end of the season is 7 or 8 wins.
I think the remaining wins will come against: DET, NYJ, PIT, and 1-2 between the Browns, Ravens, and Broncos.

Yeah I thought the 1st 4 games were crucial and thought we needed to 4-0 or at worse 3-1. We went 3-1 so now looking at the stretch to the bye week if we can beat Detroit and the Jets. That leaves the Packers, Ravens and Browns. If we can win one of those games that would have us at 6-3 going into the bye week and a chance to do something in the 2nd half. 49ers and Chargers have to come to Cincy for 1 o'clock games so that gives us a chance.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor still sucks.
Reply/Quote