Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT needs to change the offense right now
There is only so much you can do with an offensive line this bad. You could have the best scheme in the world, but with this offensive line it's not going to work a majority of the time.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Falcons had a team of scrubs on the offensive line against eagles. 2 starters were out before the game 3 got hurt during the game including their starting LT and backup LT. Yet they still performed competently against good Eagles front to get the victory.
Reply/Quote
Question...could it be that the Bengals O-line Coach is the problem?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:25 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Question...could it be that the Bengals O-line Coach is the problem?

It's definitely part of the problem. When 2 guys double team a guy and let a LB have a free run at the QB...that's more on coaching I'd say.

The answer though is the line lacks talent in a major way and Turner is a bad NFL offensive line coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They need Glenn back at minimum at LT (ideally Jonah Williams), they need to put Price in for Jordan at LG, and they need two TEs in next to the OTs. Or one TE and an extra OL for a jumbo package.
With that personnel, they need to prioritize a power run game to then set up play action (which I thought was the original plan but it never came to fruition).
That, IMO, is the only way to have a chance to fix this offense with the personnel they have.

Not that he's killing it, but Price has clearly played better than Jordan, and the preference here feels irrational on  Turner's part.

I don't see Glenn returning - or staying if he does.  I think he's just done physically.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:30 PM)3wt Wrote: Not that he's killing it, but Price has clearly played better than Jordan, and the preference here feels irrational on  Turner's part.

I don't see Glenn returning - or staying if he does.  I think he's just done physically.

Jordan is so bad that likely guys off the practice squad wouldn't be worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jordan is so bad that likely guys off the practice squad wouldn't be worse.

Bengals could bring Christian Westerman back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jordan is so bad that likely guys off the practice squad wouldn't be worse.

Redmond will be starting over MJ
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's definitely part of the problem. When 2 guys double team a guy and let a LB have a free run at the QB...that's more on coaching I'd say.

The answer though is the line lacks talent in a major way and Turner is a bad NFL offensive line coach.

idk bobby knew immediate he F that one up...  Id say that's on Mr Hart for blocking the wrong guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:19 PM)Joelist Wrote: It all starts with the line - that is football 101.

The line blocks properly then the backs can gain yards and the receivers have time to get separation - I do agree though that our receivers are poor at getting separation and have been for years.

Pocket awareness requires an actual pocket (not one shaped like the letter M ) to matter - the vast majority of the time there is nowhere to slide to. This also affects throws because most QBs throw best when they can step into their throws which behind our line is almost a fantasy. Finley would be in the same boat as would Dolegala. The MNF announcers even noted the problem - our poor blocking means the QB cannot step into throws.

I do agree the play calls are bad. But I also think this personnel group is not able to execute more sophisticated stuff because of the poor line.

Its going to be a long nasty season and I been around and involved in football for 50 years and what I am seeing that needs corrected is our O-lineman are not getting out on the second phase of blocking to free a RB as they are not picking up the second wave of defenders.Joe Mixon cannot get past the second wave of defenders by himself and to me they need to get him out in space more and throw to him.What ever happened to we are so talented and our schemes are going to surprise the NFL???? Please someone help us. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
\
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IMO the issue is not using Joe Mixon enough. He's average over 4 YPC over the last 2 games. The issue is he's only rushed 15 times in each. Fellow 2017 draftees Christian McCafferty and Leonard Fournette has 51 and 44 carries over the same time period. Their teams have won both games for their first 2 wins of the season.
coaching inexperience, is biil parcells still around?
maybe he can give advice
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:02 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: coaching inexperience, is biil parcells still around?
maybe he can give advice

You know that Zimmer and Parcells are close. I bet that Parcells had some input into Zimmer on who we drafted on defense...in our prime.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The issues extend beyond the offensive line. For instance, the receivers don't get open a lot.

Dalton doesn't have a strong arm and when the line gets pushed back to him, he doesn't have the arm to overcome it. Also, his pocket awareness is bad.

The screen calls are predictable. How many to the RB's were close to getting intercepted.

The playcalls are vanilla. We fake a jet sweep how many times? Yet...we never run it. Well the Steelers destroyed us with jet sweeps and fake jet sweeps.

We appear to be running some Chinese knockoff of the Rams offense where plays aren't called at appropriate times.

Also, they did play Sample and Uzomah a bunch to block...and they get beat.

And the line, how many times did 2 lineman double team a guy only to let a blitzer have a free run at the QB. That's scheme and coaching.

Well put. We should start calling him Chinaman Taylor.

I'm past being irritated with Mike Brown and Co, which includes Taylor. I'm more in the ridicule band when it comes to these clowns.

Reply/Quote
We all got tired of Marvin saying, "We have to player better." after hearing it so much the last few years.

But now Taylor gives us his version, "We just have to get it done."

https://clutchpoints.com/bengals-news-zac-taylor-reacts-to-mnf-blowout-loss-vs-steelers/

I'm not sure what "it" is exactly though. It could mean to block your man, or it could mean better play design, or it could mean tackle the ball carrier, or it could mean run your route or catch the f'n ball, or it could mean adjust to what your opponent is doing, or it could mean, well, just about anything that is football related cause they suck at basically everything football.

I wonder how many times this year we're going to hear, "We just have to get it done." after some piss-poor loss.

Reply/Quote
Well, he's not lying.

I thought Marvins go to was, "We did some good things?" Followed by a small clap and a boob shift?

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 06:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well put. We should start calling him Chinaman Taylor.

I'm past being irritated with Mike Brown and Co, which includes Taylor. I'm more in the ridicule band when it comes to these clowns.

Agree that he is stubbornly attached to the 11 set. Two back or two TE sets need to be ustilized, because you can't wrinkle off 11, if the basics don't work.

Our offensive line issues are beyond just each player, and only time will fix it. Heck 3 out of 5 players are new. Any effective OL has to have time and experience with each other. It's a unit.

There was one plays Monday, where the C and G were blocking a DT, and the LB came through the B gap, clean.

Communication and chemistry are very important. That comes with time.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 07:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Agree that he is stubbornly attached to the 11 set. Two back or two TE sets need to be ustilized, because you can't wrinkle off 11, if the basics don't work.

Our offensive line issues are beyond just each player, and only time will fix it. Heck 3 out of 5 players are new. Any effective OL has to have time and experience with each other. It's a unit.

There was one plays Monday, where the C and G were blocking a DT, and the LB came through the B gap, clean.

Communication and chemistry are very important. That comes with time.

Counting the pre-season, it's been 8 games and they are playing worse, not better.

Reply/Quote
Coach press conferences are worthless because they're all lying.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 07:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Coach press conferences are worthless because they're all lying.

I miss the days when people talked about how refreshing and charming his press conferences were.
Reply/Quote
I like the press conferences where the coach just says we got our arses whipped. Now that is the truth.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote