Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT needs to change the offense right now
He’s losing everywhere else, might as well be consistent...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's not up to ZT. It's up to Mike Brown. And Mike Brown sucks.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
He ain't the guy.

Feels good getting that off my chest. I said i would give him a year but i don't need it.

We need all new coaches again down the line.

Problem is, nobody good wants to work for Mike.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:50 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He ain't the guy.

Feels good getting that off my chest. I said i would give him a year but i don't need it.

We need all new coaches again down the line.

Problem is, nobody good wants to work for Mike.

If it means their first HC job they would. Do you think Eric Bieniemy would have turned Mike Brown down to stay an OC?

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  Do you think Eric Bieniemy would have turned Mike Brown down to stay an OC?

Are we sure that didn't happen?

btw, sorry for editing your post i have never been able to use bold on this computer.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:21 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Are we sure that didn't happen?

btw, sorry for editing your post i have never been able to use bold on this computer.

I think as bad an owner Brown is, there’s only 32 of these jobs in the world. Be hard to turn down, imo.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If it means their first HC job they would. Do you think Eric Bieniemy would have turned Mike Brown down to stay an OC?

Bienemy doesn't call plays ANdy Reid does
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think as bad an owner Brown is, there’s only 32 of these jobs in the world. Be hard to turn down, imo.

Plenty of D coordinators didn't want to come here, right?

It felt to me nobody was really interested in working for Brown and or under a coach that didn't have to earn his job through experience. 

Plenty of coordinators out there probably thought "Hey wait a minute I've been at this for insert number of years - and this kid just has to be associated with Sean McVay?" Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Bienemy doesn't call plays ANdy Reid does

And? His title is still OC. And that means the promotion to HC would be an even bigger jump.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 09:56 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Plenty of D coordinators didn't want to come here, right?

It felt to me nobody was really interested in working for Brown and or under a coach that didn't have to earn his job through experience. 

Plenty of coordinators out there probably thought "Hey wait a minute I've been at this for insert number of years - and this kid just has to be associated with Sean McVay?" Mellow

I’m not talking about working for Taylor, I’m talking about taking a HC position.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 02:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you have the grades from the Steelers game? If you have time and feel like posting some, that would be cool.

Why in the world would you want to see the grades for that game?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why in the world would you want to see the grades for that game?

F minus... Across the board.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
As long as Andy is the QB it will not matter what offense we have. He is what he is. And that’s not very good if you were not sure.
Reply/Quote
What I want to know is: What is ZT supposed to change the offense to? The team has fundamental issues at blocking and tackling. Even the best laid strategy has no chance of working, without the fundamental building blocks of football in place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 10:52 PM)jason Wrote: F minus... Across the board.

There ya go.

Well, for the line. Believe it or not, there were actually some good grades. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think what people keep forgetting is that they played well in Seattle...for whatever reason and they played well in the 2nd half in Buffalo. 

Right now, after the Bengals got their ass handed to them (more like death by a thousand cuts--but who's counting?), fans are sure the season is in the toilet. Same thing happened after the SF game.

MJ does not belong on an NFL field right now. If those asshats would just put Jerry in at LT and Price at LG and leave them there, this line should be able to be respectable enough to not lose the game for them. Of course i'd like to see the QB changed as well, so you can at least know if you have a good one on the roster right now or not. Hell, if you put Finley in and the Bengals go 0-8, i'd say **** it, put Dolegala in and see if he can do anything. At least that allows you to know whether you need to draft a QB next year. 

I've got no problem trading guys for draft picks either (not that i have any real trust in the people doing the drafting); Dalton, Mixon, Green, Dunlap, Atkins, Dre. There are plenty of younger guys to step in and play. 

If 'if's and but's were candy and nuts...', the offensive line was anything like they envisioned in June, i'd have to believe this team would be much better now. If AJ hadn't turned his ankle in the first practice...and the line was what they believed, i'd have to believe this team would be much better. 

But this is the Bengals. The team full of "if's". As it is, this isn't going to be much of a fun season going forward unless something drastic happens. 

And to make it even worse...those ***** Patriots are the best team in the NFL right now. Why in the hell do those bitches up in NE deserve such success over the last decade plus with the Pats and Red Sox? And this ***** city not only doesn't get a single championship playoff win , they get two of the shittiest major professional sports teams out there? 

**** me!  This has turned into a rant, so i'm out. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think what people keep forgetting is that they played well in Seattle...for whatever reason and they played well in the 2nd half in Buffalo. 

Right now, after the Bengals got their ass handed to them (more like death by a thousand cuts--but who's counting?), fans are sure the season is in the toilet. Same thing happened after the SF game.

MJ does not belong on an NFL field right now. If those asshats would just put Jerry in at LT and Price at LG and leave them there, this line should be able to be respectable enough to not lose the game for them. Of course i'd like to see the QB changed as well, so you can at least know if you have a good one on the roster right now or not. Hell, if you put Finley in and the Bengals go 0-8, i'd say **** it, put Dolegala in and see if he can do anything. At least that allows you to know whether you need to draft a QB next year. 

I've got no problem trading guys for draft picks either (not that i have any real trust in the people doing the drafting); Dalton, Mixon, Green, Dunlap, Atkins, Dre. There are plenty of younger guys to step in and play. 

If 'if's and but's were candy and nuts...', the offensive line was anything like they envisioned in June, i'd have to believe this team would be much better now. If AJ hadn't turned his ankle in the first practice...and the line was what they believed, i'd have to believe this team would be much better. 

But this is the Bengals. The team full of "if's". As it is, this isn't going to be much of a fun season going forward unless something drastic happens. 

And to make it even worse...those ***** Patriots are the best team in the NFL right now. Why in the hell do those bitches up in NE deserve such success over the last decade plus with the Pats and Red Sox? And this ***** city not only doesn't get a single championship playoff win , they get two of the shittiest major professional sports teams out there? 

**** me!  This has turned into a rant, so i'm out. 

Don't forget the Bruins... Pretty sure they won the Stanley Cup in the not so distant past. The Celtics also hung a banner 10 years ago.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This offense is designed to where you have to have an effective running game to make it work.Joe Mixon is a very talented running back.I would use an extra O lineman and a TE almost every play.Sometimes even using the extra O lineman as a Fullback.Top priority would be establishing the run game regardless of whatever scheme or tactic I had to use to make it work.At least experiment,and don’t just do the same thing over and over.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:27 PM)jason Wrote: Don't forget the Bruins... Pretty sure they won the Stanley Cup in the not so distant past. The Celtics also hung a banner 10 years ago.

I thought about that, but i didn't want to rub the salt in any more than i already was. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 11:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I want to know is:  What is ZT supposed to change the offense to?  The team has fundamental issues at blocking and tackling.  Even the best laid strategy has no chance of working, without the fundamental building blocks of football in place.

I laid out one easily implemented change in the OP - go to mass protect on all passes and drive blocking with 2 TE on all runs. Until they can actually block at a fundamental level the offense has to become almost childish to have any chance. 
Reply/Quote