Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Zac Taylor
The zac Taylor haters are reaching, as are his advocates.

He's fine. We could do worse but he's not a great coach.

He's serviceable and the players like him and that counts for a lot.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:46 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Never said he was yet. Just pointed out he’s got a nice trajectory and Belichick started worse. But I was playing with some posters on all this.

I know, you posted "Future HOF." I don't think there is anything to indicate Zac has a HOF trajectory.. Using Belichick's career path is a tough sell. Barely any coaches can match his career success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 10:55 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Mans been in the job for 5 years. What you see is what we get.

We really can’t afford another bad drafts. The last 2 look god awful so far and the one before is just meh.

Being they've picked almost at the bottom of the draft for two straight years and went to the super bowl in one..pretty decent drafts all things considered.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:28 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I know, you posted "Future HOF." I don't think there is anything to indicate Zac has a HOF trajectory.. Using Belichick's career path is a tough sell. Barely any coaches can match his career success.

He’s matching Belichick’s at the same stages except Bill had no AFC Championship or SB appearance yet. That was why I said trajectory.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s matching Belichick’s at the same stages except Bill had no AFC Championship or SB appearance yet. That was why I said trajectory.

It's not a realistic trajectory comparison since Belichick won 6 Super Bowls. The chances of Zac/Burrow becoming Belichick/Brady just aren't realistic.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:59 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's not a realistic trajectory comparison since Belichick won 6 Super Bowls. The chances of Zac/Burrow becoming Belichick/Brady just aren't realistic.

Darn sure is by timelines. The point that you missed was not that I was projecting Taylor to do what Belichick did career wise but that Belichick was no better or was in fact less successful in his first 5 years. He hadn’t won a conference championship or played in 2 and a Super Bowl. Everybody wants to judge Zac on his first two years. He’s past that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Darn sure is by timelines. The point that you missed was not that I was projecting Taylor to do what Belichick did career wise but that Belichick was no better or was in fact less successful in his first 5 years. He hadn’t won a conference championship or played in 2 and a Super Bowl. Everybody wants to judge Zac on his first two years. He’s past that.

I didn't miss your point. You projected Zac to become a HoF coach. I currently don't see it as realistic since he's not yet justified a HoF coach resume. You argued if Belichick started slowly and had a HoF career, then Zac can do the same. I don't agree. Belicihick is a rarity and no contemporary coach has matched his accomplishments. It's a poor example for your emotional take as a super pro-Zac guy.

I like Taylor, hope he wins a Super Bowl, and is the clear best Bengals coach of all time.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 01:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I also think Miami just isn't built for weather. They had lost their last 10 straight cold games (11 now), by an average of 3 scores. No grit, quite soft.

Did you see where one of the ESPN guys "declared" that the KC/MIA game absolutely should have been postponed due to the weather, as if it were somehow unfair that a warm weather team be forced to play in the cold.

I say no more unfair that for visiting teams having to play in the extreme heat and humidity of Miami in Sept and October.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I didn't miss your point. You projected Zac to become a HoF coach. I currently don't see it as realistic since he's not yet justified a HoF coach resume. You argued if Belichick started slowly and had a HoF career, then Zac can do the same. I don't agree. Belicihick is a rarity and no contemporary coach has matched his accomplishments. It's a poor example for your emotional take as a super pro-Zac guy.

I like Taylor, hope he wins a Super Bowl, and is the clear best Bengals coach of all time.

Nah you keep comparing Taylor and Belichick. Zac is 5-2 in the playoffs. Few HOF coaches started there. So my reasoning solid. Belichick is a rarity and you keep implying I’m comparing Zac to Bill. I’m only comparing their 5 year starts. I can assure you after Bill’s first 5 years nobody on this earth would have projected what he’d do. He got fired.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did you see where one of the ESPN guys "declared" that the KC/MIA game absolutely should have been postponed due to the weather, as if it were somehow unfair that a warm weather team be forced to play in the cold.

I say no more unfair that for visiting teams having to play in the extreme heat and humidity of Miami in Sept and October.

What do they do with the dome teams?  LMAO

It's silly to suggest it should have been postponed.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nah you keep comparing Taylor and Belichick. Zac is 5-2 in the playoffs. Few HOF coaches started there. So my reasoning solid. Belichick is a rarity and you keep implying I’m comparing Zac to Bill. I’m only comparing their 5 year starts. I can assure you after Bill’s first 5 years nobody on this earth would have projected what he’d do. He got fired.

You brought up Belichick first and have made the comparison: 
Quote:Your buddy Belichick started slow too but Zac’s tracking.

You've made a faulty comparison. 
Belichick starting his career the way he did and becoming a clear HoF coach, and perhaps the GOAT, does not equate to Zac starting fast in the playoffs as having a HoF coaching trajectory. It's nothing more than an emotional argument and unreasonable. Thus, not much more I can add to this exchange of dialogue. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:05 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You brought up Belichick first and have made the comparison: 

You've made a faulty comparison. 
Belichick starting his career the way he did and becoming a clear HoF coach, and perhaps the GOAT, does not equate to Zac starting fast in the playoffs as having a HoF coaching trajectory. It's nothing more than an emotional argument and unreasonable. Thus, not much more I can add to this exchange of dialogue. 

Me neither as your disregarding the essence. At their same 5 year starts Zac’s is better. You don’t want to accept that.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 03:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Me neither as your disregarding the essence. At their same 5 year starts Zac’s is better. You don’t want to accept that.

Your straw man arguing is going nowhere. 

It doesn't matter if Taylor has had a better start to his career than Belichick. It's irrelevant for suggesting Zac is a HoF coach because of an oversimplified belief that if Belichick could become one after his first five years, then so can Zac.

You might as well post all current coaches with 5 years or less experience can become HoF coaches. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did you see where one of the ESPN guys "declared" that the KC/MIA game absolutely should have been postponed due to the weather, as if it were somehow unfair that a warm weather team be forced to play in the cold.

Just another espn idiot. Geez...Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 04:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Your straw man arguing is going nowhere. 

It doesn't matter if Taylor has had a better start to his career than Belichick. It's irrelevant for suggesting Zac is a HoF coach because of an oversimplified belief that if Belichick could become one after his first five years, then so can Zac.

You might as well post all current coaches with 5 years or less experience can become HoF coaches. 

Okay Zac first 5 years playoff record 5-2 1-1 in Conference Championship Andy Reid 5-4 0-3 in Conference Championship and 2-3 vs Zac . How am I doing?

Reply/Quote
I see this all the time, mostly with players but still. This guy sucks, but we should get a fortune for him? Makes no sense. I don’t care for Zac as a play caller. I think he’s a good coach and it seems like the players respect him. He just needs to give up play calling. Maybe we will get to the point where Burrow can call his own plays. Who knows, but I would assume many feel this same way.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Okay Zac first 5 years playoff record 5-2  1-1 in Conference Championship Andy Reid 5-4 0-3 in Conference Championship and 2-3 vs Zac . How am I doing?

You are doing really poorly.

Over 500 individuals have been head coaches in the NFL. 29 are enshrined in the HoF. Bringing up the early careers of Belichick and Reid to suggest Zac is going to be in the HoF is a weak argument.

Zac's career is still early so yes, he technically has a chance to develop into a HoF coach but not based on the argument you are trying to develop. You can't seem to understand the fallacy in your thinking.

Edit: You also posed the question "How am I doing?" in attempt to be clever rather than actually seek an answer. It is emblematic of what is wrong with your perspective throughout this thread. You posted Zac is in the HoF, people laughed or questioned it, and then you responded with if Belechick can become a HoF coach than so can Zac. It's overly simplistic reasoning.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You are doing really poorly.

Over 500 individuals have been head coaches in the NFL. 29 are enshrined in the HoF. Bringing up the early careers of Belichick and Reid to suggest Zac is going to be in the HoF is a weak argument.

Zac's career is still early so yes, he technically has a chance to develop into a HoF coach but not based on the argument you are trying to develop. You can't seem to understand the fallacy in your thinking.

Edit: You also posed the question "How am I doing?" in attempt to be clever rather than actually seek an answer. It is emblematic of what is wrong with your perspective throughout this thread. You posted Zac is in the HoF, people laughed or questioned it, and then you responded with if Belechick can become a HoF coach than so can Zac. It's overly simplistic reasoning.

I bring up the early careers of Reid & Belichick in stark comparison. It’s too early to know one way or another if Zac will become a HOF coach but comparing Reid and Belichick and all 3 same in 5 year starts he’s better. It doesn’t get any simpler.its simplistic. Reid w/o Mahomes and Bill w/o Brady weren’t going to the HOF. Zac’s got Joe.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 01:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s matching Belichick’s at the same stages except Bill had no AFC Championship or SB appearance yet. That was why I said trajectory.

What?

BB was the architect of the defense that completely stifled the Bills in the first of their 4 Superbowls and was already considered a genius as coordinator and a huge part of two super bowl wins before he was ever a head coach.  An offense that at that time was unstoppable.

By comparison at this point in their respective careers BB was AWAY ahead of zac.

You have no clue what you're saying.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:43 PM)motoarch Wrote: What?

BB was the architect of the defense that completely stifled the Bills in the first of their 4 Superbowls and was already considered a genius as coordinator and a huge part of two super bowl wins before he was ever a head coach.  An offense that at that time was unstoppable.

By comparison at this point in their respective careers BB was AWAY ahead of zac.

You have no clue what you're saying.
Uh negatory he got fired after his 5th year and didn’t win a conference championship until his 7th year. Zac had a conference championship and another conference final and a SB appearance. The comparison is at the same stage.

Reply/Quote