Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Zac Taylor
(01-13-2024, 04:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Future HOF

[Image: kenan-thompson-surprised.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 04:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: kenan-thompson-surprised.gif]

His 5-2 start in the playoffs and playing for the Super Bowl at age 38 he’s got a bright future and fabulous head start.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 05:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: His 5-2 start in the playoffs and playing for the Super Bowl at age 38 he’s got a bright future and fabulous head start.

Dude doesn't even have a winning record yet and you're talking HoF. A LITTLE preemptive. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 02:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you ask some people Zac apparently singlehandedly got us an indoor practice facility, got us to spend money on FA, got us a ring of honor. Why would getting his choice of OL Coach suddenly be the one thing he can't get?

Eh, I don't think Zac singlehandedly did those things. I think that is Katie and the Blackburns.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2024, 02:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's smart enough to know his o-line coach is hamstrung by the practice rules, which is why o-line play across the league has suffered. The players did it to themselves.

This! It used to be a standard rule of thumb that a drafted OL would take 1-2 seasons to develop.  Now it’s a total crapshoot as to whether a draftee will develop into a serviceable starter.

That’s why I hope the front office looks to FA for OL.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 05:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dude doesn't even have a winning record yet and you're talking HoF. A LITTLE preemptive. Lol

Your buddy Belichick started slow too but Zac’s tracking.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 06:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Your buddy Belichick started slow too but Zac’s tracking.

"My buddy" Belichick was a 2x Super Bowl Champion DC that led 4 top-5 scoring defenses in 6 years before becoming a HC. 

Then when he didn't have a winning record after 5 years of being a HC he was fired and had to earn his way back by taking a 29th scoring defense and getting 3 straight top-10 scoring defenses (including a top-2) as a DC before getting another HC job.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 06:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "My buddy" Belichick was a 2x Super Bowl Champion DC that led 4 top-5 scoring defenses in 6 years before becoming a HC. 

Then when he didn't have a winning record after 5 years of being a HC he was fired and had to earn his way back by taking a 29th scoring defense and getting 3 straight top-10 scoring defenses (including a top-2) as a DC before getting another HC job.

Yes unlike Zac, Bill had 4 of 5 losing seasons to start and the last year 5-11 was fired. Zac meanwhile has a true trajectory. He’s won an AFC title, played in another one, and played in a Super Bowl.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 04:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: kenan-thompson-surprised.gif]

It is getting disturbing.

Imagine being a fan of a football team and your existence is constantly defending or inserting the coach of the team at every turn. Not one person on here I can think of beats the drum for any actual player on the team as much. Even Reuben's hate for Mixon shows up only on a running play. Not inserting someone's name into anything that ever pop's up one the board seems to be impossible.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 07:11 PM)Destro Wrote: It is getting disturbing.

Imagine being a fan of a football team and your existence is constantly defending or inserting the coach of the team at every turn. Not one person on here I can think of beats the drum for any actual player on the team as much. Even Reuben's hate for Mixon shows up only on a running play. Not inserting someone's name into anything that ever pop's up one the board seems to be impossible.

Ha ha you guys I’ve been trolling lol. Not 100% but mostly today

Reply/Quote
Okay, which one of you all are posting on NFL Reddit? Poor guy catching strays in a thread for a game he's not even coaching in. From the Chiefs Dolphins game thread...

Quote:hamburgereddie

1 min. ago
tua checking down like every pass into a screen that loses yards is zac taylor's offense and i hope tua knows he can be sued for this

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
McDaniel called a terrible game, but Tua also looked like playoff Andy Dalton out there. He ain’t it.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 01:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: McDaniel called a terrible game, but Tua also looked playoff Andy Dalton out there. He ain’t it.

I also think Miami just isn't built for weather. They had lost their last 10 straight cold games (11 now), by an average of 3 scores. No grit, quite soft.

Reply/Quote
Watching these games is a reminder how tricky navigating through the postseason is.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 02:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Watching these games is a reminder how tricky navigating through the postseason is.

Unlike Burrow, most QBs are not able to win "in spite" of their HC. 

OR.......
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Zac

That’s my input….
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Well give Bengals credit, at least they have shown up in every playoff game under ZT, unlike some other teams and coaches like this year
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2024, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well give Bengals credit, at least they have shown up in every playoff game under ZT, unlike some other teams and coaches like this year

Look at Detroit previously and Dallas 0-8 since the late 90’s

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2024, 05:06 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: His 5-2 start in the playoffs and playing for the Super Bowl at age 38 he’s got a bright future and fabulous head start.

He has a career winning percent under .500 and has never won a Super Bowl. He's not yet a future HoF'er.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:37 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He has a career winning percent under .500 and has never won a Super Bowl. He's not yet a future HoF'er.

Never said he was yet. Just pointed out he’s got a nice trajectory and Belichick started worse. But I was playing with some posters on all this.

Reply/Quote