Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Zac Taylor
(01-15-2024, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just another espn idiot. Geez...Rolleyes

I think they were probably saying that to protect the fans because the weather was dangerous and NFL fans are some of the dumbest people around.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 06:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Uh negatory he got fired after his 5th year and didn’t win a conference championship until his 7th year. Zac had a conference championship and another conference final and a SB appearance. The comparison is at the same stage.
Lol wtf are you on about? 

Are just trying to prove your ignorance.  Cause you're doing great if so 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 07:25 PM)motoarch Wrote: Lol wtf are you on about? 

Are just trying to prove your ignorance.  Cause you're doing great if so 

Records are records. Results are results. What are you talking about? Bill Belichick got fired after his fifth season. Zac did not. In his first five seasons Bill had no conference titles or SB appearances. Zac had 1 and 1. We are comparing the trajectory. Are you on Pluto or Mars?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Jake Browning had a better start to his career than Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman. Clearly another Bengals Hall of Famer in the making.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 09:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Jake Browning had a better start to his career than Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman. Clearly another Bengals Hall of Famer in the making.

[Image: oh-snap-wow-john-cena-352oyclz6v9utp6h.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 09:49 PM)Destro Wrote: Jake Browning had a better start to his career than Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman. Clearly another Bengals Hall of Famer in the making.

Probably with Zac’s tutelage
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I didn't miss your point. You projected Zac to become a HoF coach. I currently don't see it as realistic since he's not yet justified a HoF coach resume. You argued if Belichick started slowly and had a HoF career, then Zac can do the same. I don't agree. Belicihick is a rarity and no contemporary coach has matched his accomplishments. It's a poor example for your emotional take as a super pro-Zac guy.

I like Taylor, hope he wins a Super Bowl, and is the clear best Bengals coach of all time.

You definitely missed the point. The point is, the first 5 years of Belichick's coaching resume, he sucked.
People like you crack me up, you couldn't tell one end of a coach's whistle from the other, but could go show Zac a few things on coaching a NFL team... 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 05:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I see this all the time, mostly with players but still. This guy sucks, but we should get a fortune for him? Makes no sense. I don’t care for Zac as a play caller. I think he’s a good coach and it seems like the players respect him. He just needs to give up play calling. Maybe we will get to the point where Burrow can call his own plays. Who knows, but I would assume many feel this same way.

It looks like Burrow does a lot of his own play calling as it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: It looks like Burrow does a lot of his own play calling as it is.

Why do you say that?  We know he has when the helmet stopped working.  Sure he has audibles and the rpo's are his in-play decision, but he hasnt begun calling his own plays and Im not sure he will any time soon.  So many play calls are used to set up other things later in the game, that is a lot to put on the QB.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You definitely missed the point. The point is, the first 5 years of Belichick's coaching resume, he sucked.
People like you crack me up, you couldn't tell one end of a coach's whistle from the other, but could go show Zac a few things on coaching a NFL team... 

What the heck are you even going on about? Are you trying to attack me because I'm not an NFL coach?

Let me guess, you can tell one end of a coach's whistle and must be special.

I know Bill sucked early on.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You definitely missed the point. The point is, the first 5 years of Belichick's coaching resume, he sucked.

There’s a bunch on here.

Reply/Quote
Stop It!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do you say that?  We know he has when the helmet stopped working.  Sure he has audibles and the rpo's are his in-play decision, but he hasnt begun calling his own plays and Im not sure he will any time soon.  So many play calls are used to set up other things later in the game, that is a lot to put on the QB.

Zac has said he sends a couple plays to Burrow in the huddle and Joe picks which play to run based on what the defense shows. So, you could argue that Burrow calls his own plays ... kind of. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 12:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Zac has said he sends a couple plays to Burrow in the huddle and Joe picks which play to run based on what the defense shows. So, you could argue that Burrow calls his own plays ... kind of. ThumbsUp

and that Browning was maybe a better playcaller then Burrow......

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 01:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: and that Browning was maybe a better playcaller then Burrow......

who said that?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: who said that?

Zac said the offense didn't change, so Jake must have been making better calls (out of his choices) if we think Burrow should take some lessons from how he ran the offense.....

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: who said that?

Nobody said that.  It was being suggested that it could be argued that Browning was picking the better of the plays sent in from Taylor.  However, we don't know if Browning received a selection of plays, like Burrow does, or if Browning was simply running THE play sent in with a few audible options.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 01:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: and that Browning was maybe a better playcaller then Burrow......

(01-17-2024, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac said the offense didn't change, so Jake must have been making better calls (out of his choices) if we think Burrow should take some lessons from how he ran the offense.....

via GIPHY

Reply/Quote
I mean, the offense did look more consistently efficient under Browning.....

Maybe Burrow has too much control. That is what I took out of it. That's what many took away from the Browning run.

Which means maybe Burrow isn't a great play caller after all.

We can't eat our cake and have it too. They need to reign in some of that leash they've given Burrow. You don't do that if he is making great play calls.

I don't think it's a hot take to question Burrow the play caller.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: I mean, the offense did look more consistently efficient under Browning.....

Maybe Burrow has too much control. That is what I took out of it. That's what many took away from the Browning run.

Which means maybe Burrow isn't a great play caller after all.

We can't eat our cake and have it too. They need to reign in some of that leash they've given Burrow. You don't do that if he is making great play calls.

I don't think it's a hot take to question Burrow the play caller.

Personally, I think that Zac and company saw in the first Pittsburgh game that Browning out of the gun was not even remotely capable of running the spread like Burrow does.  The transition to mostly under Center was something that most teams did not have a lot of footage of the Bengals, let along Jake Browning running.  Sure, Browning was able to get the team to rally with him, and they reeled off a few wins to keep the season interesting.  However, against tougher defenses like KC and Baltimore, the Browning led offense just had no answer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote