Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC
With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.
Obviously, the first two years contributed greatly to this metric, but it's going to take quite a number of future wins to approach .500 in his tenure (currently only 13 wins). He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.
Obviously, the first two years contributed greatly to this metric, but it's going to take quite a number of future wins to approach .500 in his tenure (currently only 13 wins). He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.

I mean he'll at least have a better record than Dave Shula after 3 seasons...so there is that....:)
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:07 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I mean he'll at least have a better record than Dave Shula after 3 seasons...so there is that....:)

Shula has a 7-9 so he still hasn't even beaten Shula's best season yet
Reply/Quote
Comparing Zac to his contemporaries is rather depressing to look at.

Zac has 30 losses in 44 games.

Other coaches:
McVay 28 losses in 82 games.
Reich 28 losses in 64 games.
Fangio 26 losses in 44 games.
Vrabel 24 losses in 64 games.
Flores 24 losses in 45 games.
Kingsbury 20 losses in 44 games.
LaFleur 11 losses in 48 games.

Zac is historically meh.
Reply/Quote
ZT's first two years don't count because the team had no chance of being good...mostly because ZT was the HC, but still.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Comparing Zac to his contemporaries is rather depressing to look at.

Zac has 30 losses in 44 games.

Other coaches:
McVay 28 losses in 82 games.
Reich 28 losses in 64 games.
Fangio 26 losses in 44 games.
Vrabel 24 losses in 64 games.
Flores 24 losses in 45 games.
Kingsbury 20 losses in 44 games.
LaFleur 11 losses in 48 games.

Zac is historically meh.

He would never still have this job anywhere else..... That's horrible...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT's first two years don't count because the team had no chance of being good...mostly because ZT was the HC, but still.

Yes but he taught us all how to live, laugh, and love in that time.

That is what matters.

Handing out life lessons so we can be better Bengals fans.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zac pretty much needs to win a playoff game and then some to have Bengals fandom redemption.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac pretty much needs to win a playoff game and then some to have Bengals fandom redemption.

Playoff win will do more than any coach has on the past 30 years, so he’ll be redeemed, unless he turns up some straight up stinkers the next year or so
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.

was that the fastest to 30 losses?
Reply/Quote
How funny will this thread be if the Bengals go on to win the Super Bowl this season? LOL

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's more likely that scallops'll fly outta me pants but still ...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
BB throwing the ball 3 times because of the weather and winning made me think of ZT. He would have tried to throw the ball all over the place and kick 50+ yard field goals.

We all knew the key to beating the chargers was running the ball like we did the prior two weeks, and yet, we came out pass heavy. They have the blueprint to win, they just won't stick to it for longer than a couple weeks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
There are a ton of zac taylor backers out there, it's tough to argue with them.

Then you have Belichick who throws 3 passes total and wins 14-10, lol? Of course we can't expect our coach to be compared to the GOAT but there are things they could learn.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: BB throwing the ball 3 times because of the weather and winning made me think of ZT. He would have tried to throw the ball all over the place and kick 50+ yard field goals.

We all knew the key to beating the chargers was running the ball like we did the prior two weeks, and yet, we came out pass heavy. They have the blueprint to win, they just won't stick to it for longer than a couple weeks.

Mixon ran 19 times for only 54 yards. 2.84 YPC.
The run was overall ineffective against the Chargers.
I do wonder if it would have been fine if the Bengals had Reiff and Hopkins in though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: BB throwing the ball 3 times because of the weather and winning made me think of ZT. He would have tried to throw the ball all over the place and kick 50+ yard field goals.

Oh yeah, but none of that is Zac Taylor's fault. "IS ZAC THE ONE DORPPING THE PASSES AND THORWING INUTS AND FUMBLIN DA BALLS"
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mixon ran 19 times for only 54 yards. 2.84 YPC.
I do wonder if it would have been fine if the Bengals had Reiff and Hopkins in though.

But I thought Mixon as the best ever, most consistent ever. Oh shit we have to blame the o-line on that, not Mixon's fault.

That's the issue, nobody is actually taking responsibility. Without responsibility for mistakes there is no success, this is Zac taylor's fault.

I mean we did have back to back games against the worst run defenses in the league. Our backups are also bad, they are backups for a reason, but it seems like we haven't ever had good backups at any position in a game when you have to depend on them to win playoff games.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There are a ton of zac taylor backers out there, it's tough to argue with them.

Then you have Belichick who throws 3 passes total and wins 14-10, lol? Of course we can't expect our coach to be compared to the GOAT but there are things they could learn.

It's easier to win on fewer points when you have the best scoring defense in the league.
Even though Anarumo's defense has improved compared to the past two years, it's nowhere near as good as the Patriots defense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mixon ran 19 times for only 54 yards. 2.84 YPC.

It was ineffective against the Raiders too for 3 quarters but eventually broke open (because their run D was supposedly just as bad). Remember them boasting about that. Sticking to it. The dam breaking. All that coach speak.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The boneheaded special teams returns have to fall on someone. There is math involved and it seems like the players aren't taught when to field, what to field, and when to return.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: It was ineffective against the Raiders too for 3 quarters but eventually broke open (because their run D was supposedly just as bad). Remember them boasting about that. Sticking to it. The dam breaking. All that coach speak.

I don't remember any of that, but that's because I never watch the pressers or any interviews really.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote