Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor: Bengals' wide receivers 'got bullied' in loss to Pats
Boyd and Taylor are having a bit of a tiff.

Here's a link to the article...but essentially Taylor blamed the WR's for the interceptions. Boyd was targeted on 2 of them...and he criticized the gameplan.

"Three of them were against man-to-man coverage, one-on-ones," Taylor said. "And we got bullied. We did. Guys could go compete, knock the ball down, go get a one-on-one [ball]."

In turn, Bengals receiver Tyler Boyd, who was targeted on two of those interceptions, was critical of the game plan and scheme against New England. Boyd, who finished with three catches for 26 yards, said the method of attack wasn't "top-notch" like it normally is. When asked to elaborate, Boyd was blunt.

"What did it look like out there?" Boyd said. "Did it look like anything was working?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28308433/zac-taylor-bengals-wide-receivers-got-bullied-loss-pats
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've been saying that all day long. The issue is the Bengals have no receiving threats outside of Boyd and when you can put Stephon Gilmore on him in single coverage it's gonna be bad.

I know the Bad Andy Army will get on me but If you read my posts I've been the drive g force behind Joe Burrow early. This doesnt take away that they need to add talent on the offensive line and in the receiver core.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:21 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been saying that all day long. The issue is the Bengals have no receiving threats outside of Boyd and when you can put Stephon Gilmore on him in single coverage it's gonna be bad.

I know the Bad Andy Army will get on me but If you read my posts I've been the drive g force behind Joe Burrow early. This doesnt take away that they need to add talent on the offensive line and in the receiver core.

Auden Tate being injured hurt us. Tate and Boyd both being out there changes things a lot. That said, this loss was on Dalton and no amount of excuses will change that. He’s a 9 year veteran QB, not some rookie. He was terrible today.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:21 PM)Synric Wrote: I've been saying that all day long. The issue is the Bengals have no receiving threats outside of Boyd and when you can put Stephon Gilmore on him in single coverage it's gonna be bad.

Sad that Ross isn't that guy.
Reply/Quote
Meh, this is extra scoff-worthy since Boyd was talking about having the #1 offense in the NFL a few months ago. Oh well, at least the Browns flopping took some eyes off of our own overconfidence.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boyd and Taylor are having a bit of a tiff.

Here's a link to the article...but essentially Taylor blamed the WR's for the interceptions. Boyd was targeted on 2 of them...and he criticized the gameplan.

"Three of them were against man-to-man coverage, one-on-ones," Taylor said. "And we got bullied. We did. Guys could go compete, knock the ball down, go get a one-on-one [ball]."

In turn, Bengals receiver Tyler Boyd, who was targeted on two of those interceptions, was critical of the game plan and scheme against New England. Boyd, who finished with three catches for 26 yards, said the method of attack wasn't "top-notch" like it normally is. When asked to elaborate, Boyd was blunt.

"What did it look like out there?" Boyd said. "Did it look like anything was working?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28308433/zac-taylor-bengals-wide-receivers-got-bullied-loss-pats

Cry Cry

Reply/Quote
Maybe we will draft that WR in the 2nd Round?

Man, I wish we took Metcalf instead of Sample.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe we will draft that WR in the 2nd Round?

Dude let it go. You’re getting as bad as Racer going on about Shaquem Griffin all the time lol

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe we will draft that WR in the 2nd Round?

AJ Brown over DK Metcalf.

I hate to be that guy but if AJ Green was playing everything would have been different....if you draft Joe Burrow resign AJ Green.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Maybe we go Burrow in 1 and Jefferson in 2, lol.

I heard Wayne Box Miller on the postgame saying that it was almost as if NE's DBs knew the routes too well. Not sure what he was insinuating, but it was an interesting comment given the week's narrative.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:42 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ Brown over DK Metcalf.

I hate to be that guy but if AJ Green was playing everything would have been different....if you draft Joe Burrow resign AJ Green.

Man...I agree that a healthy AJ would be great with Burrow, but what are the odds that we get 13+ games from Green?

I think a decision needs made on Eifert too. He was healthy this year, but he didn't look like his normal self.

Would they tag AJ? $17 million seems like A LOT...but they might like the 1 year deal aspect.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:44 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe we go Burrow in 1 and Jefferson in 2, lol.

I heard Wayne Box Miller on the postgame saying that it was almost as if NE's DBs knew the routes too well.  Not sure what he was insinuating, but it was an interesting comment given the week's narrative.

That's EXACTLY what I'd do.

Yeah the NE DB's knowing the routes has been on Twitter too. I think it's insinuating that the offense is predictable.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I agree that a healthy AJ would be great with Burrow, but what are the odds that we get 13+ games from Green?

I think a decision needs made on Eifert too. He was healthy this year, but he didn't look like his normal self.

Would they tag AJ? $17 million seems like A LOT...but they might like the 1 year deal aspect.

I’d offer AJ something around 3 years 45 million. Nowhere near Julio money, but it’s still a fair deal for really good WR.

Reply/Quote
I saw a mock where we took Burrow and one of his receivers (Jefferson in the 4th I believe).. I'm all for it, those kids can ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I agree that a healthy AJ would be great with Burrow, but what are the odds that we get 13+ games from Green?

A simple ankle sprain cannot scare me away from AJ Green. 

Reply/Quote
Here's the Pick 6:

Not sure what the WR could do to stop that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Neither the ball to erickson nor the one to ross should have been picks. Not necessarily receptions but no way the recievers should let those balls get picked.

The two on Boyd were exceptionally bad throws/decisions. Not much to be done about them by the WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the Pick 6:

Not sure what the WR could do to stop that.

No he couldn't.

Andy read 1 vs 1 with his best receiver running an out from the slot. That was a great read and pick from Stephon Gilmore using off man coverage.

Edit: Lol bfine remember from the mothership you wanted Jenkins I wanted Gilmore we ended up with Kirkpatrick...

Reply/Quote