Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor Extended
Bengals announce he is extended through the 2026 season.

Reply/Quote
Here is the statement from Mike Brown....

Reply/Quote
That was quick. Hopefully Zac is the guy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:48 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That was quick. Hopefully Zac is the guy.

He is now. The good thing though is it does create stability and stability usually helps with attracting things like Free Agents, but also high end coaches which we will need as we lose some in the coming years. 
Reply/Quote
That will put him at the same length of service as Paul and Sam. AKA "Half a Marvin."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hoping we don't regret this in a couple of years He will be coach for 4 more years no matter how much he succeeds or fails.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Hoping we don't regret this in a couple of years He will be coach for 4 more years no matter how much he succeeds or fails.

And do you think this is strictly unique to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
nothing surprising here, well deserved
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:50 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: That will put him at the same length of service as Paul and Sam.  AKA "Half a Marvin."

Whereas, Marvin's tenure felt more like half a Jeramy Bearimy
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Alright, let's do this Bengals! I hope Zac gets a COY award and a Lombardi Trophy in his future.

Maybe this is a good thread to pose my question. We talk a lot about how an improved OL will make Burrow even more dangerous as a QB by elevating his play.

Can we say the same about Taylor? If he has a better OL, is it possible some of his play calls execute better and thus we view him more highly as a head coach calling plays?

Who Dey

I'm behind Zac and excited about his extension (I fully admit I previously wanted him fired).
Reply/Quote
Marvin never even won a playoff game and got 17 years. Zac is here for at least 25 years after a Super Bowl run.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This man just took us to a Super Bowl. Well deserved Coach Taylor.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:56 AM)higgy100 Wrote: And do you think this is strictly unique to the Bengals?

Every other owner is willing to eat a season or 2 if team is trending in wrong direction not Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
Well deserved. Now go get Joe a line
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: Marvin never even won a playoff game and got 17 years. Zac is here for at least 25 years after a Super Bowl run.

All joking aside, ZT is going to win As long as Burros is here.  Not sure I could see him spanning an era with 2 reboots like Marvin did. 
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown “ "In this league, if you want to get to where you wish, getting to the Super Bowl, you need a lot of things," Brown said. "All of those are important. But certain people, and I would be one, would say the most important part is being able to score. These days 30 points is at a level you're able to win week in and week out. It's something we're shooting for in the future. We have the ability to do it if we're going right. Zac is the reason we can do that. It's his system. He teaches it effectively and our guys have bought into it."

More: It was also not lost on the offensive-minded Brown that the 2021 Bengals scored 444 points in the 16 games the starters played. That was four short of the franchise record set by the iconic 1988 offense. Clearly, he likes the new wave offense Taylor runs.
Reply/Quote
Before anyone panics because Taylor said the O line was "good enough to get them there" when asked about them...he isn't going to shit on his guys before they know who they will have next year.
Reply/Quote
I think this is about right, regarding the length. He's definitely built a solid foundation. Now finish the task by fixing the line and let's see what happens.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
That is a nice start to the offseason. Wonder what the salary is. Let’s keep the momentum from this season going strong ALL offseason!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: Before anyone panics because Taylor said the O line was "good enough to get them there" when asked about them...he isn't going to shit on his guys before they know who they will have next year.

Yep-He’s not that kind of coach. He won’t throw his guys under the bus. Never gonna happen. He’ll have nothing but good things to say about those guys. That’s part of the reason why the players love him. He and the FO have also already proven they’re willing to make changes when necessary and spend money to do it. No reason to worry about him saying that.
Reply/Quote