Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor Future
bengals front office is always slow to admit their mistakes. they'll chalk this year up to a new qb, no preseason games, and the pandemic. which means zac and most of his coaching staff will be back for 2021. even if they go 3-13.

(and no, i don't agree with this. just stating how the bengals front office runs the team)
Reply/Quote
I totally get what you're saying luvinit. I'm in no way convinced ZT is the future for Burrow and the Bengals.

But having said that, at some point the players on the field have to be held accountable as well. When you defense would give up 100 yards rushing to my grandma because they couldn't bring her down, you're not winning many games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:31 AM)Synric Wrote: I go by the rule of 3 you give a player 3 years to develop and you give a HC or Coordinator 3 seasons to build.

Same.  Especially with this being his first year with Burrow.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Bill walsh
1st year 3-13
2nd year 6-10 i think
3rd year 13-3 superbowl.
Reply/Quote
I like ZT. I like his attitude . we all remember marvins blank stare with no emotion and the clap "lets go" routine. ZT is into the game Give Zac a chance its going to take time. We need to fire Anarumos ass then we could start seeing some success.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:34 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Bill walsh
1st year 3-13
2nd year 6-10 i think
3rd year 13-3 superbowl.
To get to 9 wins is 1st 2 years he needs to go 7-7 the rest of the way. He does that and yes that would warrant another year.
I hope we go 7-9 this year, but not looking good.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
i'm not sure that zac = bill walsh, but i get where your heart is coming from here.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The HC is 2-16, one of worst starts of any coach in history. We fired a guy with  winning record so ho much leash do we give him before we demand his removal?

A head coach has one job, to win. He has failed miserably.

I'd say give him this season and unless there's drastic improvement towards the middle and end of season then consider the options for next year. Really I think the guy just has waaaay too much on his plate for his experience level, he shouldn't be play calling. Either give Callahan those responsibilities or find a new OC that he can do that. And to that point his choices for coaches are pretty bad as well, Lou was like the 10th choice for a DC and has shown he isn't anything special and actually pretty bad, Turner doesn't seem like he's the guy either. This team is a solid OC/DC away from being a much much better team in my opinion. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I’m all for firing Zac and hiring Bienemy right now
Reply/Quote
1st year 3-13
2nd year 6-10 i think
3rd year 13-3 superbowl.

I assure you, Zac Taylor is not the next Bill Walsh.

Reply/Quote
1st year 3-13
2nd year 6-10 i think
3rd year 13-3 superbowl.

Walsh was actually 2-14 in his first year. He started out 0-7 and was only 5-22 through his first 27 games. As great as Walsh was, it still took even him a couple of seasons to start truly putting his stamp on that team and get things going in the right direction. 
Reply/Quote
If I was GM he would have been gone last year but as it stands I would give him until the Jags game. They are the last "easy" opponent for several weeks with Baltimore, Indy, another Cleveland match-up, the titans and the steelers. His pathetic record could be 0-8 (again) and 2-24. That's Hue Jackson levels of ineptitude. The organization refuses to cut dead weight (See Ogbuehi, Ross, and countless others) so Taylor will be given the year no matter what. I'm not sure what anyone sees in this guy, the players underperform, the scheme is awful, the game management is terrible. The "they play hard" excuse is idiotic, of course they do, the players have performance incentives in their contracts.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Walsh was actually 2-14 in his first year. He started out 0-7 and was only 5-22 through his first 27 games. As great as Walsh was, it still took even him a couple of seasons to start truly putting his stamp on that team and get things going in the right direction. 

That’s pretty crazy. Thanks Holic. Anything is possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:34 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m all for firing Zac and hiring Bienemy right now

I was for hiring Bienemy instead of Zac.
Reply/Quote
He has all the skill players they have all done it in the NFL at some point some small examples some has had years of production. What nobody can really argue with is his closet is full of the right tools he just has to use them correctly. That being said he has to fix the O-line run blocking and pass blocking. Last year towards the end of the year they ran the ball decent they replaced a few faces in the offseason but most thought they upgraded. If he can not work with his coaches and fix the O-line issues then I do not really think he deserves to be a head coach. The QB even being a rookie has pretty much shown enough to the fans that we all think we can win with him. So fix the O-line or find a new line of work. Most of our coaches are the ones that have not shown they belong in their coaching spots not the players except for the O-line. But they had two drafts and a offseason to address it so it falls on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 07:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Walsh was actually 2-14 in his first year. He started out 0-7 and was only 5-22 through his first 27 games. As great as Walsh was, it still took even him a couple of seasons to start truly putting his stamp on that team and get things going in the right direction. 

Are you trying to make Walsh look like Taylor? What was his record first 2 years? You left out 10 games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bill Walsh coached in era when building a roster was so much
A different undertaking. They had no.free agency then.
You had to.build through the draft or trading players.

ZT has the benefit of free agency at his disposal

Bottom line he is a losing coach. He has no.history on.his resume of turning a culture around.
Hes really failed on many levels before he came here in terms of accomplishment
And putting his blueprint on.anything.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:03 AM)impactplaya Wrote: turning a culture around.

Is the Bengals front office going to allow any new headcoach coming to cincy the ability to change much of anything beyond their coaching staff?
(consider how long it took marvin to fight for some control over things and yet how little control marvin still had over FA signings)

don't know there is a coach in the nfl that could turn the bengals front office culture.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you trying to make Walsh look like Taylor? What was his record first 2 years? You left out 10 games.

10 games? I didn't include the final 5 of his 2nd season (where he went 3-2) to show what a rough start he got off to. His overall record his first 2 years was 8-24. 

Not trying to make Walsh look like Taylor or vise versa. Just giving an example of how turnarounds don't always happen overnight. 

Maybe Zac ends up being a complete dud like Shula, who also started 8-24. I just think it's still too early to declare that because we have to see how the season plays out, how many games they end up winning and what they look like during that process.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:54 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think the front office is even thinking about letting ZT go at this point.  I think the focus would be on coordinators first to go like Sweet Lou and Turner.  Taylor may not be respected by some fans, but players respect him and the front office is high on him.

Joe Burrow will sour on cincy and the nfl pundits will wear him out as to why he even came here.The nfl has a way of killing a young qb and if they keep losing he will want out of here quickly,this head coach is not getting it done and I think he is just too much of a nice guy and that never lasts in the nfl,he will be gone.I for one believe the nati is SNAKE BIT AND CURSED. no other way to look at it. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote