Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor Future
(09-20-2020, 12:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 10 games? I didn't include the final 5 of his 2nd season (where he went 3-2) to show what a rough start he got off to. His overall record his first 2 years was 8-24. 

Not trying to make Walsh look like Taylor or vise versa. Just giving an example of how turnarounds don't always happen overnight. 

Maybe Zac ends up being a complete dud like Shula, who also started 8-24. I just think it's still too early to declare that because we have to see how the season plays out, how many games they end up winning and what they look like during that process.

I just reread your post. So Walsh started out 2-21 and then ended year 2 at 8-24 as you said. He inherited a 2-14 team, ZT inherited a 6-10 team. I see that as a huge difference. Walsh took a bad team and stayed status quo. ZT took a bad team and got worse by 4 games.

I am not and will not say fire ZT yet. This is just a conversation. I am concerned as we spent more money in FA in 2020, we got a 1st round draft slot position. We got our 1st round pick in 2019 back and we got one our best receivers if not the best AJ Green back. My point is ZT has to improve on his 2019 performance, to date he has not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:40 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Aside from players speaking positively about the atmosphere at team events, the Bengals are very rarely penalized. For a 2-14 team there is a lot to be said about that and there isn't public dissent about his regime like there is about Gase or there was about Gruden or the entire Jaguars organization.

I don't love him but I think the on-field product would improve a ton given better coordinators, specifically on defense because Joe can run the offense by himself. I wouldn’t know who to hire but I have heard good things about Weaver from Houston. Rex Ryan product.

I don't think penalties really effect how well the coach is liked. Personally I don't see how the team likes him as much as people claim.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just reread your post. So Walsh started out 2-21 and then ended year 2 at 8-24 as you said. He inherited a 2-14 team, ZT inherited a 6-10 team. I see that as a huge difference. Walsh took a bad team and stayed status quo. ZT took a bad team and got worse by 4 games.

I am not and will not say fire ZT yet. This is just a conversation. I am concerned as we spent more money in FA in 2020, we got a 1st round draft slot position. We got our 1st round pick in 2019 back and we got one our best receivers if not the best AJ Green back. My point is ZT has to improve on his 2019 performance, to date he has not.

Agree with that. 
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden has JAX (who many predicted would be in the running for Lawrence) offense absolutely humming. Man I miss having a good play caller here...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jay Gruden has JAX (who many predicted would be in the running for Lawrence) offense absolutely humming. Man I miss having a good play caller here...

And Eifert looks close to his Pro-Bowl form...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 05:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And Eifert looks close to his Pro-Bowl form...

wish eifert were still in cincy, but i was always a fan. when healthy, he was something special
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 05:55 PM)P W Wrote: wish eifert were still in cincy, but i was always a fan. when healthy, he was something special

He had a beautiful long touchdown, and almost reeled in a second.  He's not back to full form yet, but he looked damn close.  But I digress...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 05:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And Eifert looks close to his Pro-Bowl form...

I said all along it was a mistake letting Eifert go.
And I still think Taylor will become a great HC. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I said all along it was a mistake letting Eifert go.

Yeah, you keep saying that. You just never offer any reasons why...

Reply/Quote
We need to hire the best DC in college football. Lou Anarumo was a last minute hire and is straight garbage.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, you keep saying that. You just never offer any reasons why...

It's just a feeling. I like what he's done with the roster, his guys like him, and they buy in. And I like what he''s been able to get the front office to do. I do wish he would give play calling duties to the OC.
Reply/Quote
ZT has been unwillingly to make tough changes. He won’t give up play calling, even though it’s been terrible and he won’t replace coaches because they are his friends. No matter how good he is at other aspects of being a HC, refusal to change will lead to his downfall and the team’s.
Reply/Quote
Zac has a 3 season leash if you ask me. If we don’t see a .500 or above team next season I’d say he’s toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zac does nothing on offense to get the defense to overthink
Their roles. Defenses half the time can figure the design of the play
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Zac has a 3 season leash if you ask me. If we don’t see a .500 or above team next season I’d say he’s toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not good with giving him a long leash. However, how long was ML here before he started winning? Asking cause I can't remember. Anyway, I think he's a smart football guy. I love his mindset of having responsible players. He's cleaned up this Bengal team. One thing for sure is we are not getting flagged every time someone sneezes. He believes in building with leaders and I respect that. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the right guys. The draft is a crap shoot and as we know only a few turn out, and less than that turn great. I would say 4 seasons and then we cut him loose if he isn't above .500

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm not good with giving him a long leash. However, how long was ML here before he started winning? Asking cause I can't remember. Anyway, I think he's a smart football guy. I love his mindset of having responsible players. He's cleaned up this Bengal team. One thing for sure is we are not getting flagged every time someone sneezes. He believes in building with leaders and I respect that. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the right guys. The draft is a crap shoot and as we know only a few turn out, and less than that turn great. I would say 4 seasons and then we cut him loose if he isn't above .500

Marvin was 8-8 both of his first 2 seasons. 11-5 and division champs in the third... He took over a 2-14 team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:01 PM)jason Wrote: Marvin was 8-8 both of his first 2 seasons. 11-5 and division champs in the third... He took over a 2-14 team.

0 playoff wins. All that is needed to be said.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I said all along it was a mistake letting Eifert go.

Agree on both counts.

The problem is, we can't afford Taylor going the Belichick route by having 5 losing seasons in his first 6 seasons as a HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 0 playoff wins. All that is needed to be said.

Gotta win at least 8 games to get there... I'm already willing to bet there will be 0 playoff appearances with these clowns on the sidelines.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 0 playoff wins. All that is needed to be said.

8-8 > 2-14.
Reply/Quote