Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor coaching career analysis.
(09-20-2022, 05:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Happened quick after the season. McVay was seriously considering TV and the LA owner was sniffing hard at Zack. His agent longtime relationship with Brown got them a very manageable salary.

That would be tampering as Zac is under contract.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The big issue lurking is if Burrow has a subpar season...he's going to want a contract after the season. The Bengals will probably low ball him and make him mad.

I don’t think Burrow or Chase are issues

The team is likely already prepared to make both highest paid at their position

Bengals have ALWAYS paid their obvious stars. It’s the mid guys that they sometimes mess around with
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 05:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That would be tampering as Zac is under contract.

It would if they contacted him or even had a intermediary but none of that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: With Joe, he studies until he thinks he's ready, that's different, at some point in my life I started studying and overdoing it. I feel like Brady probably does that, they're in the gym all day. Not saying Burrow isn't but based on his comment that he only studies film until he's ready, maybe it's not enough. When you have a taste of success in life you think you don't have to change anything.

If only Joe Burrow would work as hard as Reuben Ahmed.

Everything would be great then.

HilariousLMAOLOL
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If only Joe Burrow would work as hard as Reuben Ahmed.

Everything would be great then.

HilariousLMAOLOL

Why are you doing personal attacks man? PS, just because we're not QBs doesn't mean we don't work as hard or harder than someone else, doesn't matter how much you make, or how much land you have.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 07:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It would if they contacted him or even had a intermediary but none of that.

So how did it happen then?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So how did it happen then?

Beats the heck out of me but as long as it wasn’t somebody from the Rams or agents. They aren’t dumb.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Man with no experience takes jobs to get his foot in the door to get experience? Don't really get why you're harping on Zac. I reckon his options would be graduate assistant coaching or he has an in to a bigger position with someone he's close to. It's not that big of a stretch.

Well actually I looked it up and he was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M.

I think best case scenario if he falls on his face this year is we get an experienced OC and he lets them call the plays. I said it before Zac kind of reminds me of rah rah Dabo Swinney at Clemson. He's got a good set of skills to be a Head Coach, but he needs talented coordinators around him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why are you doing personal attacks man? PS, just because we're not QBs doesn't mean we don't work as hard or harder than someone else, doesn't matter how much you make, or how much land you have.

I have a square foot of plot in Scotland and I am an official lord so I'm better than all of you. Unless you got more land and a title.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 11:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Why are you doing personal attacks man? 

Just thought it was kind of funny the way you were puffing up about how you work harder than Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 12:44 PM)tms Wrote: Whether we're right or wrong about Zac, has a team ever made the playoffs after firing a coach midseason? I can't remember one. It would be not just unusual, but I think unprecedented. To say nothing of how they made the Super Bowl last year... I don't know if that's ever happened either (unless you're talking about a soap opera divorce like Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones). Not saying people want to get rid of Zac, just saying we're stuck with him for now.

Happened just last year.  Raiders fired Gruden and they made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 12:36 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I have a square foot of plot in Scotland and I am an official lord so I'm better than all of you. Unless you got more land and a title.

But do you have

[Image: OIP.oZL1gCSiHNLqL75I9ZrNvgHaDC?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Diplomatic Immunity?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 10:59 AM)spidey Wrote: Happened just last year.  Raiders fired Gruden and they made the playoffs.

That's a good call. My first instinct was to get defensive and say that "that was different!" but... nah, it wasn't that different lol. I was trying to find teams that held it together after a midseason leadership change- and the Raiders definitely did that. Good call. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2022, 11:14 AM)PhilHos Wrote: But do you have

[Image: OIP.oZL1gCSiHNLqL75I9ZrNvgHaDC?pid=ImgDet&rs=1]
Diplomatic Immunity?

Well unfortunately it was revoked
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to throw away half his playbook

This is another game we won in spite of him.

Took him 3 games to call run plays that suit his personnel
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It’s getting harder and harder for me to act like i am not sick of this guy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Our $12 million RB was finally running well, and Taylor runs it 0/4 times from the 2 yard line.

Talk about galaxy brain.

Reply/Quote
It's funny, the run game was not working against Miami, and in the redzone we ran it 3 straight times into a brick wall, settled for a FG. Against the Ravens we were actually running well, get to the 2, and pass if every down, running a trick play even. All of that instead of running once. It was a pretty awful decision. Also, why not run a QB sneak? They did it the next series and it worked, so why not do that EVERYTIME you need a yard or less?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I said it all year last year and stand by it

This team was successful DESPITE Taylor.

Everyone disagreed with me.

Well?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:49 AM)Garrus Wrote: It's funny, the run game was not working against Miami, and in the redzone we ran it 3 straight times into a brick wall, settled for a FG. Against the Ravens we were actually running well, get to the 2, and pass if every down, running a trick play even. All of that instead of running once. It was a pretty awful decision. Also, why not run a QB sneak? They did it the next series and it worked, so why not do that EVERYTIME you need a yard or less?

Zac Taylor out thinks himself. It's 3rd and 2 feet and he calls a toss play throwing the ball four yards backwards. A QB sneak on the quick snap works quite often there. HE's making it way harder than it needs to be.
Reply/Quote