Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor defenders??
(11-23-2020, 02:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was just about to post "not you too"....and then saw the edit. Cool

Mike Brown has certainly made some VERY stupid decisions, this staff is no bueno, but all jokes aside....this team seems to have shit luck when they actually do things half ass right. Greg Cook, Krumries leg, Wilson's coke binge, Palmer's knee, Dalton's thumb, Jerry Porter on the field, Joe Burrow, David Pollack, Ki-jana Carter, etc, etc. It's friggin insane.

Having a shitty owner for the last 3 decades isn't enough suffering for your long-time fans. All the bad luck has to come along with it. 

Maybe that should have been my thread instead of the Mike Brown fired..

How is it possible for a franshise to have that much bad luck/decision making, then have 30+ years of this turd?

I'm now convinced that the law of large numbers isn't really a thing. The Bengals disprove it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having a shitty owner for the last 3 decades isn't enough suffering for your long-time fans. All the bad luck has to come along with it. 

Maybe that should have been my thread instead of the Mike Brown fired..

How is it possible for a franshise to have that much bad luck/decision making, then have 30+ years of this turd?

I'm now convinced that the law of large numbers isn't really a thing. The Bengals disprove it. 

Dude, it really is crazy. Most of everything that has happened the last 30 years is squarely on Mike Brown. The old man just had the Bill Walsh fiasco to tarnish his image....Son of Paul has nothing but tarnish.

Today was a mix of both. Shit luck, but it was kinda created by having #60 at G. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:17 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yahoo Sports, Bengals failed Joe Burrow:

The underlying ideology was hard to argue: Healthy quarterbacks are good for virtually everyone, including the fans who consume the product.

But there has always been a flip side to that effort by the league. And it required really only one thing from teams. When you’re blessed with a quarterback who can dramatically alter the future of your franchise for a decade or more, handle him with care.

The league can’t legislate stupidity out of the system. So it has been incumbent upon team owners, general managers and head coaches to make sure they do their part with their defining quarterbacks. If they are blessed with someone special under center, do everything they can to preserve him — both schematically and from a roster-building standpoint.

The Bengals screwed that up in 2020. Plain and simple.

I wish the internet could be deluged with articles like this and i'm sure to an extent, it will--along with Youtube videos of all the talking heads. 

The only problem is, one million articles or segments on TV will not be enough to cause Mike Brown to feel the shame he should. He conveniently isolates himself from that stuff and never sees it. He's blissfully ignorant--and doesn't care--of the fact that the vast majority of the population knows he's an incompetent fool. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:21 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude, it really is crazy. Most of everything that has happened the last 30 years is squarely on Mike Brown. The old man just had the Bill Walsh fiasco to tarnish his image....Son of Paul has nothing but tarnish.

Today was a mix of both. Shit luck, but it was kinda created by having #60 at G. 

True. While bad luck and bad decisions were part of Paul Browns legacy, with the Bengals, he was still able to hire competent coaches and draft good enough players to get to two Super Bowls, almost winning one and having players that fought tooth and nail to get back in the other. 

Mike Brown has done absolutely nothing of note and has, to the contrary, made an astounding number of blunders and bad decisions in his 30+ years. Mind-bogglingly astounding. Almost an impossibly large amount of mistakes for one man. 

Reply/Quote
Pistol formation on the 1 yard line...Yes it gained yards but I will never understand the descion to line the running back almost in the white at the back of the endzone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:25 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: So I'm very interested to hear what excuses can made for this guy maybe someone can make a strong enough argument to make me change my view,just curious to hear some of your thoughts..

Zac Taylor has actually won every game this year if you count all the legal points and disallow all the illegal points.

He is the victim of a vast conspiracy to steal wins from the Bengals ran by Roger Goodell, Dan Rooney, and North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un. 
Reply/Quote
Sack the Zac!!

We are all in this together.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sled has assured us Zac Taylor is a great coach in the making. He might have even said greatest we’ve ever had iirc...

Wow, you're still here? Glad to hear it, I thought you said you were done. The book isn't written yet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:36 AM)Synric Wrote: Pistol formation on the 1 yard line...Yes it gained yards but I will never understand the descion to line the running back almost in the white at the back of the endzone.

Did it work?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Redmond, while a penalty machine, doesn't allow defenders to push him back into the QB on a play by play basis. Spain should have gone to LG. 

This.  

This coaching staff tinkering around every week with the O-line is a recipe for disaster.  If you want to do that crap don't do it with your franchise QB behind them.  Idiots.

This coaching staff is like the Keystone Cops.  The ineptitude is staggering.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think you'll find many defenders, but without Joe Mixon, there is no power run game to be had

Freak injury, freak play, just proves 2020 sucks, and the curse of Bo Jackson is real.

Bo's injury (which was a clean tackle, not a steeler assbagging) happened in 1991.   Maybe 30 years is a nice round number.  As much as I hate everything going on in the world right now, I still have faith that the Bengals have their QB for a loooong time and he will win a Super Bowl here.  

This is just another dagger in the kidney of a long-suffering franchise.  We will rise again, and someday Burrow will hoist a Lombardi while playing here in Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Redmond, while a penalty machine, doesn't allow defenders to push him back into the QB on a play by play basis. Spain should have gone to LG. 

Redmond was out with a biceps injury, was he not?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:52 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  

This coaching staff tinkering around every week with the O-line is a recipe for disaster.  If you want to do that crap don't do it with your franchise QB behind them.  Idiots.

This coaching staff is like the Keystone Cops.  The ineptitude is staggering.

Wtf do you expect them to do except tinker with the line? It would be great to pick your best line in training camp and stick with it. But we lost XFS in the first game, picked up Redmond, picked up Spain, lost Williams, Hart and Jordan in one game, picked up Finney, got Williams and Jordan back... yeah, it would be nice not to tinker with the line, but that has not been possible this year. Everyone hates Turner, but how many line coaches do you honestly think could have done better given what he has been dealt this season? 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:49 AM)Coach513 Wrote: Perine has been running good enough to keep a team honest to many excuses.. Everyone says dont pay a running back for a reason because they are the lost easily replaced. This freak injury could've been prevented with a complementary run game. 

Stop with this BS. You think injuries just pick and choose when they happen? You ever played a sport where it wasn't your turn to bring capri sun
to the team afterwords?

Shit happens. His own player could have been pushed into him the very next play. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure about all the negativity with tinkering with the line. If something isn't working as well as you like, you try and make it better. It's not like Zac has said screw it, we are keeping things the way we started. He does try to improve the team, albeit, he has not had the success many of us hoped for. However, that's doesn't make me say he's a bad coach either. He inherited an aging undisciplined team imo and he himself lacked the experience at being a HC. That's not his fault - that lies more at the feet of the organization.

I will admit when I read an article this morning about him defending the OL kind of torqued me off. I understand your not going to bash your OL in the press, but sometimes saying nothing is more effective than saying something like that. I could be wrong, but I'm still upset because of how many hits Burrow has taken this year and how inevitable many on here thought this outcome would be exactly what it was.

Reply/Quote
At this point you can't defend Taylor anymore.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Redmond was out with a biceps injury, was he not?

He was not in the inactives list.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure about all the negativity with tinkering with the line. If something isn't working as well as you like, you try and make it better. It's not like Zac has said screw it, we are keeping things the way we started. He does try to improve the team, albeit, he has not had the success many of us hoped for. However, that's doesn't make me say he's a bad coach either. He inherited an aging undisciplined team imo and he himself lacked the experience at being a HC. That's not his fault - that lies more at the feet of the organization.

I will admit when I read an article this morning about him defending the OL kind of torqued me off. I understand your not going to bash your OL in the press, but sometimes saying nothing is more effective than saying something like that. I could be wrong, but I'm still upset because of how many hits Burrow has taken this year and how inevitable many on here thought this outcome would be exactly what it was.

Here is what he is defending...yesterdays grades on pass protection

Jonah Williams: 75.7
Hakeem Adeniji: 59.8
Trey Hopkins: 50.4
Quinton Spain: 40.0
Michael Jordan: 23.5
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac Taylor has actually won every game this year if you count all the legal points and disallow all the illegal points.

He is the victim of a vast conspiracy to steal wins from the Bengals ran by Roger Goodell, Dan Rooney, and North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un. 

Take it to the Political thread Frederick.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chalking it up to some silly curse is letting the Brown family off the hook. It’s not a curse. It’s ineptitude.

The "curse" is the Brown family...
Reply/Quote