Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor defenders??
(11-23-2020, 03:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was not in the inactives list.

He wasn't, but he also wasn't practicing because of it if I remember right. I assume he remained active just in case. But if he wasn't 100%, that makes sense that they would put Spain in for him. That also gives Adeniji some help on the right side.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 04:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He wasn't, but he also wasn't practicing because of it if I remember right. I assume he remained active just in case. But if he wasn't 100%, that makes sense that they would put Spain in for him. That also gives Adeniji some help on the right side.

All of that is well and good, until Michael Jordan can't sustain a block to save his life. They did nothing once the game started and he started playing like he was on roller skates. A couple games ago, they yoinked Calhoun when he screwed up twice on the opening drive and he didn't see another snap. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My thoughts are:

There are no Zac defenders in this forum

SD doesn't have a power run game

Joe getting hurt would have happened if it was his only throw of the game

Zac is horrible this loser has our future QB dropping back in the pocket to pass about 50 times a game with a horrible O-Line it was only a matter of time before he was injured. Look I get it we can't run the ball, but don't get our future star QB a serious injury. Now what Zac. Dump this loser
Reply/Quote
If this team was really turning a corner, they should have beaten Washington even with a backup QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, you're still here? Glad to hear it, I thought you said you were done. The book isn't written yet. 

Again, i never said I was done. Or claimed I was leaving, etc. I merely stated in the GDT I was done watching the games for the year.

But the book is off to quite possibly the worst start of anything I’ve ever read. I think I’m going to just chuck it in the fire and not waste anymore time on it.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If this team was really turning a corner, they should have beaten Washington even with a backup QB.

I stopped watching after Burrow went out, did they even cross mid field?

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I stopped watching after Burrow went out, did they even cross mid field?

No idea.
I was watching the Titans-Ravens game since that's what was on locally (I live in Nashville).
When I found out Burrow went down and saw that the Bengals didn't get a single point after that, I decided it wasn't worth 3 hours of my time to watch on Game Pass.
And I'm probably done watching any other remaining Bengals game at this point too.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I stopped watching after Burrow went out, did they even cross mid field?

On the way to the locker room.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No idea.
I was watching the Titans-Ravens game since that's what was on locally (I live in Nashville).
When I found out Burrow went down and saw that the Bengals didn't get a single point after that, I decided it wasn't worth 3 hours of my time to watch on Game Pass.
And I'm probably done watching any other remaining Bengals game at this point too.

Who on earth would you be a Bengals fan that close to a real NFL team?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:25 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Every knowledgeable football fan knows that a rookie Qbs best friend is a power run game..gameplans centered around some max protection some screen plays and a few shot plays,that's the typical norm any experienced nfl HC  would have set in stone for his rookie qb..

Just to be clear even when the offense was having success Every week I still criticized the game plans simply because I knew it would end up getting joe hurt..whether people wanted to believe it or not this is not LSU,this is not Tom brady's 2007 offensive line and we could not afford to get our qb hurt especially in this fashion..

So I'm very interested to hear what excuses can made for this guy maybe someone can make a strong enough argument to make me change my view,just curious to hear some of your thoughts..

He’s not a normal rookie. Furthermore we knew the gameplay when we brought him here. Ton of passe air raid type offense. that wasn’t gonna change
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:35 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Who on earth would you be a Bengals fan that close to a real NFL team?

I was born in Cincy. I only moved to Nashville 2 years ago.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:35 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Who on earth would you be a Bengals fan that close to a real NFL team?
Ouch...

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:50 AM)TheFan Wrote: Pretty sure I've only seen 1 person on this board support ZT and it was that dude who talked about need another year to change the culture. Almost everyone else here has talked about how he's absolute trash.

That would be me and others on this forum who see what ZT is trying to do. I don't want our team to be the way it has been.
I was happy we finally hired a coach that was not part of the Bengal family. I am willing to give ZT time to change this culture.
We have literally tried everything else. Give it time for Gods sake.

You guys are so negative all the time. You have no answers you just like to be negative.

You complain about how many wins Zak Taylor has all the time. That is always the most important thing for you.
With the line they have they cannot win games by running the ball. You know that.
They do not have HOF lineman sitting on the bench.

They have been signing guys left and right that are available to try and improve the line he inherited.

I am not happy about the situation but it is what it is. If you cannot handle it go root for another team.
Burrow will come back from this injury. We will continue to get better and eventually turn this thing around.

I know you will keep bitching because that is the only thing you guys can do.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 01:08 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: That would be me and others on this forum who see what ZT is trying to do. I don't want our team to be the way it has been.
I was happy we finally hired a coach that was not part of the Bengal family. I am willing to give ZT time to change this culture.
We have literally tried everything else. Give it time for Gods sake.

You guys are so negative all the time. You have no answers you just like to be negative.

You complain about how many wins Zak Taylor has all the time. That is always the most important thing for you.
With the line they have they cannot win games by running the ball. You know that.
They do not have HOF lineman sitting on the bench.

They have been signing guys left and right that are available to try and improve the line he inherited.

I am not happy about the situation but it is what it is. If you cannot handle it go root for another team.
Burrow will come back from this injury. We will continue to get better and eventually turn this thing around.

I know you will keep bitching because that is the only thing you guys can do.

What is Zach Taylor trying to do? I'm genuinely curious because all I and many others, on and off this forum, see is a guy who's totally over his head and compiled the worst starting record in NFL history. 

No coach we've ever hired has been part of the Bengals family. Zach has 0 history of success in any level of coaching and wasn't qualified to be a head coach in any way. I think a lot of people were willing to give him a chance and quite a bit of slack but again, after over a year and a half, he has compiled the worst starting record in NFL history

I'm not of the crowd who's going to blame Taylor for Burrow getting hurt. Players get hurt all of the time and it was more of a freak injury than anything. That said, I don't think Taylor has done anything to help prevent him getting hurt. 

After having one of the worst starts ever as a coach and getting the #1 pick...Taylor literally didn't change anything. Not a single coach. Our defense was terrible, our offense was terrible, our Oline was terrible, and you can't say that's solely because all of the players sacked. Instead of doing any sort of reflecting on the choices he made he decided to go with the stubborn approach that "I know best" despite what the results actually showed...kind of sounds like Mike Brown that we all detest, huh? 

How many of us begged to at least try bringing in Jack Del Rio or other coaches with actual experience and a history of success? What happens when he's actually brought in to a team...they go from one of the worst defenses in the league (like us) to a top defense in the league in one year (not like us). 

Again, please explain to me what ZT is trying to do, what he has accomplished, and how HE will turn things around. Ive called a lot of people out for being doom and gloom turds but complaining about ZT honesty can't even be argued with. I look forward to you trying though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:19 AM)TheFan Wrote: What is Zach Taylor trying to do? I'm genuinely curious because all I and many others, on and off this forum, see is a guy who's totally over his head and compiled the worst starting record in NFL history. 

No coach we've ever hired has been part of the Bengals family. Zach has 0 history of success in any level of coaching and wasn't qualified to be a head coach in any way. I think a lot of people were willing to give him a chance and quite a bit of slack but again, after over a year and a half, he has compiled the worst starting record in NFL history

I'm not of the crowd who's going to blame Taylor for Burrow getting hurt. Players get hurt all of the time and it was more of a freak injury than anything. That said, I don't think Taylor has done anything to help prevent him getting hurt. 

After having one of the worst starts ever as a coach and getting the #1 pick...Taylor literally didn't change anything. Not a single coach. Our defense was terrible, our offense was terrible, our Oline was terrible, and you can't say that's solely because all of the players sacked. Instead of doing any sort of reflecting on the choices he made he decided to go with the stubborn approach that "I know best" despite what the results actually showed...kind of sounds like Mike Brown that we all detest, huh? 

How many of us begged to at least try bringing in Jack Del Rio or other coaches with actual experience and a history of success? What happens when he's actually brought in to a team...they go from one of the worst defenses in the league (like us) to a top defense in the league in one year (not like us). 

Again, please explain to me what ZT is trying to do, what he has accomplished, and how HE will turn things around. Ive called a lot of people out for being doom and gloom turds but complaining about ZT honesty can't even be argued with. I look forward to you trying though.

The offense has progressed (yes, it was due to Burrow, but that's still progression FFS) from what it was last year and his rapport with the offensive skill players seems to be superb (aside from Ross).

The two glaring holes last year were oline and LB. We shored up one of those and the LB play has been significantly better... but now the dline is slipping. That falls on Lou.

And the stubbornness seems to not be a Marvin thing, as Turner will continue to play his guys over the clearly-better guys.

With the way the, "leaders," of this team (aside from Dunlap) have spoken about the offense as a whole and Zac, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a pretty good job in certain aspects (not to mention his play-calling/play-design is light-years ahead of last season), but that he has two massive deadweights, holding him down and he needs to cut them off by the beginning of next year (Lou and Turner).

I'm not crucifying Zac just yet, 'cause he still has the team playing hard and not giving up, but I'd like to see the two deadweights be gotten rid of, before anything definitive.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The offense has progressed (yes, it was due to Burrow, but that's still progression FFS) from what it was last year and his rapport with the offensive skill players seems to be superb (aside from Ross).

The two glaring holes last year were oline and LB. We shored up one of those and the LB play has been significantly better... but now the dline is slipping. That falls on Lou.

And the stubbornness seems to not be a Marvin thing, as Turner will continue to play his guys over the clearly-better guys.

With the way the, "leaders," of this team (aside from Dunlap) have spoken about the offense as a whole and Zac, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a pretty good job in certain aspects (not to mention his play-calling/play-design is light-years ahead of last season), but that he has two massive deadweights, holding him down and he needs to cut them off by the beginning of next year (Lou and Turner).

I'm not crucifying Zac just yet, 'cause he still has the team playing hard and not giving up, but I'd like to see the two deadweights be gotten rid of, before anything definitive.

Like it or not both Lou and Turner are his responsibilities and he has to be able to control them. Right now it seems like he can't or worse won't.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Safe to say the honeymoon is over.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I'm from outside of Pittsburgh...I'm going to use my choosing to be a Bengals fan as the basis for my insanity defense if I'm ever on trial around here.

(11-24-2020, 11:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Safe to say the honeymoon is over.

We are spending the second half of the honeymoon sleeping in separate beds, more like it.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 11:50 AM)J24 Wrote:  Like it or not both Lou and Turner are his responsibilities and he has to be able to control them. Right now it seems like he can't or worse won't.

Which is why I would give him an ultimatum; cut the dead weight or you're all gone... but I think he knows he's safe for at least another year, so I'm not sure how that would go down.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 12:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Which is why I would give him an ultimatum; cut the dead weight or you're all gone... but I think he knows he's safe for at least another year, so I'm not sure how that would go down.

To me their better off just getting rid of him all together. To me it's looking more & more like a regime change is on the way it's just when.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote