Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor defenders??
(11-24-2020, 11:29 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The offense has progressed (yes, it was due to Burrow, but that's still progression FFS) from what it was last year and his rapport with the offensive skill players seems to be superb (aside from Ross).

The two glaring holes last year were oline and LB. We shored up one of those and the LB play has been significantly better... but now the dline is slipping. That falls on Lou.

And the stubbornness seems to not be a Marvin thing, as Turner will continue to play his guys over the clearly-better guys.

With the way the, "leaders," of this team (aside from Dunlap) have spoken about the offense as a whole and Zac, I'm inclined to believe that he's doing a pretty good job in certain aspects (not to mention his play-calling/play-design is light-years ahead of last season), but that he has two massive deadweights, holding him down and he needs to cut them off by the beginning of next year (Lou and Turner).

I'm not crucifying Zac just yet, 'cause he still has the team playing hard and not giving up, but I'd like to see the two deadweights be gotten rid of, before anything definitive.

Failure to changes coaches falls squarely on Taylor's shoulders and to me it's a glaring indictment. 

Regarding the offense, we'll see how much has actually changed vs how much of it was Burrow covering a lot of problems. I don't want to hear about how Finley sucks (which he does) and that's why the offense is so much worse. Taylor literally moved up in the draft to grab this guy so again, that falls squarely on him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 02:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on Wyche... That's an easy cop out. 

It was an eventual outcome that could have been avoided if any of a number of jackasses didn't, first, put MJ in the starting lineup and, second, leave him there after getting beat time and time again. 

It has nothing to do with any mythical 'curse'. 

EDIT: you sly dog...

I think to just assume a major injury because your line is weak is a copout and anyone that went off before the season when the mention we might want to let Joe ride the bench is a hypocrite if they are bitching now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think to just assume a major injury because your line is weak is a copout and anyone that went off before the season when the mention we might want to let Joe ride the bench is a hypocrite if they are bitching now.

First of all, he was being tongue-in-cheek and i didn't catch it right away. 

Second, i was talking about curses.

Third and most important, any complaint about Michael Jordan, specifically regarding his play this past Sunday--and how it relates directly to the injury--is completely understandable and factual. Too many people aren't able to understand simple concepts and though processes. Complaining about the Oline or supporting the Oline can be done in many ways and all could be true. Complaining about one player's play during one game is something completely different and the two aren't mutually exclusive. 

This injury is nowhere near a freak accident and is resting squarely on the shoulders of Zac Taylor and his decision and allowance to let MJ stay in the game when he was getting beat like a drum. Ipso facto, e pluribus unim, God bless America, amen! Where's the tylenol?  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bo's injury (which was a clean tackle, not a steeler assbagging) happened in 1991.   Maybe 30 years is a nice round number.  As much as I hate everything going on in the world right now, I still have faith that the Bengals have their QB for a loooong time and he will win a Super Bowl here.  

This is just another dagger in the kidney of a long-suffering franchise.  We will rise again, and someday Burrow will hoist a Lombardi while playing here in Cincinnati. 

Yes, but it was the 1990 *season*. 

Bo had such strength in his legs it wound up injuring his hip.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, but it was the 1990 *season*. 

Bo had such strength in his legs it wound up injuring his hip.

I remember that.  They said he kept his legs going and dislocated his own hip.  Crazy.  That guy was a freak.  Sad that it ended his career, but hardly the Bengal's fault.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 10:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember that.  They said he kept his legs going and dislocated his own hip.  Crazy.  That guy was a freak.  Sad that it ended his career, but hardly the Bengal's fault.  

Yes... totally legit play. Bo just generated so much torque he injured himself. Truly a shame. We might've seen the first two sport HOFer. He was that good at both sports. A humble and class guy too. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes... totally legit play. Bo just generated so much torque he injured himself. Truly a shame. We might've seen the first two sport HOFer. He was that good at both sports. A humble and class guy too. 

No doubt.  Oddly, the Reds curse from Pedro Bourbon ended in 1990.  He did that in 1979, so it only lasted 11 years.  This one has much more strength.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, he was being tongue-in-cheek and i didn't catch it right away. 

Third and most important, any complaint about Michael Jordan, specifically regarding his play this past Sunday--and how it relates directly to the injury--is completely understandable and factual. Too many people aren't able to understand simple concepts and though processes. Complaining about the Oline or supporting the Oline can be done in many ways and all could be true. Complaining about one player's play during one game is something completely different and the two aren't mutually exclusive. 

This injury is nowhere near a freak accident and is resting squarely on the shoulders of Zac Taylor and his decision and allowance to let MJ stay in the game when he was getting beat like a drum. Ipso facto, e pluribus unim, God bless America, amen! Where's the tylenol?  Mellow
disagree for a few reasons on trying to lay total blame on Taylor and really MJ

1. His injury came in two fold.. hit high and low.. so are we going to include RT also at fault.. this hits alone happen.. sadly they happen together which will caused the problem. neither defender came in untouched so there was no blown assignment.. sure they could have blocked better.. but we can say that on numerous plays but  there was a pocket, it closed fast and injury.  

2. The bengals at that point had no sacks and as a whole normal pressure for this line and winning at half.. so i don;t think they were looking rearrange the line for one player that up to that point had not given up a sack even if not played great ( i discount PFF since he played way worse after the injury so those numbers mean little ]

3.  Limited Options:  So who do they put in:  Redmond and Price.. who actually were already benched.. really little options for the Bengals

4. So even though they were winning and had give Burrow decent protection they should assume the Burrow was going to have an season ending injury and that MJ would be the reason so lets bench Burrow and not play 2nd half. That was not going to happen and this Bengal Board would have went crazy to fire Taylor
Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan had no.business starting plain and simple.
Any oline coach and HC with even half a football mind would
Benched Jordan weeks ago.
But ZT and Turner are as dumb as gets as coaches.
They did have options. They could have started BJ Finney
Who has played OG before.
Spin it anyway you want but JB injury is reflectve on ZT and Turner.
Btw has Turner ever developed a lineman in his life?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: First of all, he was being tongue-in-cheek and i didn't catch it right away. 

Yep, Taylor is culpable in Burrow's injury and that's all there is to it. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 12:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Michael Jordan had no.business starting plain and simple.
Any oline coach and HC with even half a football mind would
Benched Jordan weeks ago.
But ZT and Turner are as dumb as gets as coaches.
They did have options. They could have started BJ Finney
Who has played OG before.
Spin it anyway you want but JB injury is reflectve on ZT and Turner.
Btw has Turner ever developed a lineman in his life?

So play Redmond who was bad on the other side and never plays LG.. or go back to failed Price.. Finney was inactive
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So play Redmond who was bad on the other side and never plays LG.. or go back to failed Price.. Finney was inactive

Activate Finney, make Jordan inactive. Or better yet cut Jordan and sign Josh Kline. Alex Redmond is a drive killer but he is a upgrade over Jordan. At least Redmond will give you all hes got 
Unlike Jordan who has been getting lunch landed to him since
Game 1.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Activate Finney, make Jordan inactive. Or better yet cut Jordan and sign Josh Kline. Alex Redmond is a drive killer but he is a upgrade over Jordan. At least Redmond will give you all hes got 
Game 1.

As bad as I hate Redmonds two penalties per game quota. How can you continue to play a guy who's regularly getting his ass handed to him ?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Activate Finney, make Jordan inactive. Or better yet cut Jordan and sign Josh Kline. Alex Redmond is a drive killer but he is a upgrade over Jordan. At least Redmond will give you all hes got 
Game 1.

Agreed, but I believe Finney was inactive due to Covid. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As bad as I hate Redmonds two penalties per game quota. How can you continue to play a guy who's regularly getting his ass handed to him ?

Redmond was emergency only due to an arm or chest injury. Hart was emergency only, but they put him in after Adeniji got Finley smoked twice.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As bad as I hate Redmonds two penalties per game quota. How can you continue to play a guy who's regularly getting his ass handed to him ?

I'd hope that they roll with Spain and Finney/Redmond once everyone is available. We'll see.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2020, 11:55 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: disagree for a few reasons on trying to lay total blame on Taylor and really MJ

1. His injury came in two fold.. hit high and low.. so are we going to include RT also at fault.. this hits alone happen.. sadly they happen together which will caused the problem. neither defender came in untouched so there was no blown assignment.. sure they could have blocked better.. but we can say that on numerous plays but  there was a pocket, it closed fast and injury.  

2. The bengals at that point had no sacks and as a whole normal pressure for this line and winning at half.. so i don;t think they were looking rearrange the line for one player that up to that point had not given up a sack even if not played great ( i discount PFF since he played way worse after the injury so those numbers mean little ]

3.  Limited Options:  So who do they put in:  Redmond and Price.. who actually were already benched.. really little options for the Bengals

4. So even though they were winning and had give Burrow decent protection they should assume the Burrow was going to have an season ending injury and that MJ would be the reason so lets bench Burrow and not play 2nd half.  That was not going to happen and this Bengal Board would have went crazy to fire Taylor

That's a whole lotta words to say nothing.

When your LG is getting pushed back into the QB, constantly, like he's a blocking sled, that's gonna lead to problems. 

The guy that hit Burrow high, barely grazed him. He alone wouldn't not have caused any kind of injury

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Any Bengal fan defending Zac is crazy at this point IMO.

Was hoping for Sled to be right about the guy but didn't happen, sorry Sled and I am sorry for us all especially Burrow and
the players. They deserve better and Burrow deserves a better O-line and better coaches around them all. Sad shit man.

Sad
Reply/Quote
Giving JoeB to Zac Taylor was like giving a horrible driving 16 yr old a brand new corvette and expecting him to take care of it.

Each week it it gets more scratches or marks or dents in it until he wraps it around a tree...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Game 1.
nothi
just move overreaction.. non  this was talked about prior to the injury.. Redmond was never talked about to replace Jordan.  or signing Kline.. Finley was inactive i believe of covin or since he had not practiced.  Jordan has struggled but even in the play we are talking about Jordan does not just miss an assignment or allow his man a straight shot to Burrow.. he is out pad level.. still stays within contact with his defender as he is driven back..
Reply/Quote