Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor honeymoon is over
Halftime adjustment - Play better:

Q: What was the halftime emphasis? (William Jackson Answer)

“There wasn’t any pointing of fingers. We just had to play better. All of us had to play better. I had to play better. We’ll work on our fundamentals and get the job done next week.”
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor gives the old - We all need to do our jobs better:

Q: Do you throw away the film after a game like this?

“No. There are way too many corrections to be made. In Week 1, we didn’t have a lot of mental errors. In this one, we had a lot of mental errors. That’s just not what we’re about. We didn’t see that coming. It is what it is. We need to make those corrections. We need to be better as a coaching staff and as players, and it’s on all of us. Nobody can look at themselves and say, ‘I did my job.’ Everybody can look at that game and improve.”

I know how much you love to come on here and complain, and i'm not trying to stop your roll...but you missed the important part of that comment. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Same owner who hire Tiger Johnson versus Bill Wash.  Hilarious

Ok...so even the team had limited success under Paul Brown. 5 playoff wins in 51 years is TERRIBLE.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know how much you love to come on here and complain, and i'm not trying to stop your roll...but you missed the important part of that comment. 

How does saying they have mental errors negate the 'do your jobs better' quote. If anything, it supports it.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon:

How disappointing is this, after an encouraging start against Seattle Week 1?
       “It’s very disappointing. At the end of the day, we didn’t come to play.”

Is that controllable?
       “Yes. We just have to play better.”
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How does saying they have mental errors negate the 'do your jobs better' quote. If anything, it supports it.

Look. There's no denying you like to get on here and ***** and moan endlessly 99% of the time. So go ahead and get it out. I'm not going to try and explain shit to you because you don't want to hear it and it will be just like the "123rd ranked offense". 

So, go ahead and get back to your incessant complaining and negativity and i'll just have to find some way to make it through this VERY LONG next 7 days. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This was a very Marvinesque game. Unprepared, no adjustments, poor clock management .....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look. There's no denying you like to get on here and ***** and moan endlessly 99% of the time. So go ahead and get it out. I'm not going to try and explain shit to you because you don't want to hear it and it will be just like the "123rd ranked offense". 

So, go ahead and get back to your incessant complaining and negativity and i'll just have to find some way to make it through this VERY LONG next 7 days. 

I'm posting actual postgame conference quotes from ZT and the players...

Thanks for talking about the 123rd ranked offense at UC, but that wasn't in the Postgame Quotes that I saw.
Reply/Quote
Players/coaches say they have to block better, they have to get off blocks better, they have to tackle better and they have to play better. 

Fan posts about how he's getting the same Marvisms. 

Hello?? Did you watch the damn game? They definitely have to block, get off blocks, tackle and play better. Sorry they can't soothe the aching, empty hole in your heart that they crushed with this defeat by falling on a sword. Life ***** sucks and then you die. Grow a damn pair. 

Reply/Quote
Honestly, I thought the offense got off to a solid start that was hurt by 2 holding penalties. Then we blink and we're down by 3 TDs and were forced to throw, which is a recipe for disaster with this o-line. My finger is pointing at Mike Brown and Lou Anarumo before Zac Taylor.

We shouldn't have waited so long to hire Taylor's staff, and we sat on our hands in free agency once again. Overpaid some bad players in the process. Mike is clueless and Lou Anarumo is as bad as most of us thought back in February. What an embarrassing display today. The 49ers didn't look good so much as we just looked awful.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I thought the offense got off to a solid start that was hurt by 2 holding penalties. Then we blink and we're down by 3 TDs and were forced to throw, which is a recipe for disaster with this o-line. My finger is pointing at Mike Brown and Lou Anarumo before Zac Taylor.

We shouldn't have waited so long to hire Taylor's staff, and we sat on our hands in free agency once again. Overpaid some bad players in the process. Mike is clueless and Lou Anarumo is as bad as most of us thought back in February. What an embarrassing display today. The 49ers didn't look good so much as we just looked awful.

Agreed. I think a Jack Del Rio who was experienced at DC helps.

Also, a top tier LB makes us better too.

The 49ers basically ran college plays and the Bengals couldn't stop them. And they couldn't adjust.
Reply/Quote
Saying we need to block and tackle better is one thing.

I don't know that the offensive line is capable of it. They obviously banked on scheme and Turner coming in and turning it around...and that hasn't happened. It's arguably gotten worse...especially running.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. I think a Jack Del Rio who was experienced at DC helps.

Also, a top tier LB makes us better too.

The 49ers basically ran college plays and the Bengals couldn't stop them. And they couldn't adjust.

I feel like we needed an A+ offseason and we got a C-. Maybe worse.

Our biggest addition was a draft pick (Jonah) and we lost him immediately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel like we needed an A+ offseason and we got a C-. Maybe worse.

Our biggest addition was a draft pick (Jonah) and we lost him immediately.

Yep. Then in the 2nd Round, go another OL or some impact player. I wanted Metcalf, but Oline would be solid. Maybe LB.

Then in free agency, go LJ Fort and Saffold, and yeah...maybe open up the wallet on a Mosley or Alexander. Then, wow, the defense would be able to Tackle now.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Then in the 2nd Round, go another OL or some impact player. I wanted Metcalf, but Oline would be solid. Maybe LB.

Then in free agency, go LJ Fort and Saffold, and yeah...maybe open up the wallet on a Mosley or Alexander. Then, wow, the defense would be able to Tackle now.

Yeah the tackling was piss poor today. It seemed to me that the 49ers game planned to spread us out and we responded terribly.

Receivers running open all over the place, couldn't shed blocks and couldn't tackle.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Then in the 2nd Round, go another OL or some impact player. I wanted Metcalf, but Oline would be solid. Maybe LB.

Can you just put this in your signature so you do not have to type it 726 times? 
Reply/Quote

How does any of those moves improve Dre K's tackling? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can you just put this in your signature so you do not have to type it 726 times? 

Hey, we took a blocking TE instead in the 2nd Round. What more can I say. Meanwhile Metcalf looks awesome.

Imagine our future WR core of Ross, Boyd, and Metcalf.

Hey, we got our backup TE of the future in the 2nd Round instead. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can't help wonder what many in the current fanbase would've said about Sam Wyche in his rookie season - having started 0-5 after having a terrible record in one season as a college coach, and having never been a coordinator?

It seems like 2 games might be a little premature in terms writing Taylor off.  [Image: m0952.gif]

He's in his height of glory right now 
Reply/Quote

If one of Risner, Taylor, Ford, or Little had actually fallen to Cincy in the 2nd round, I think that would have been the pick rather than trading back.
I didn't want a WR just yet, as I still had (have) faith in Ross actually becoming something. So far in two games in 2019, he's proving me right. 270 yards, 3 TDs. If he ends up with 1000+ yards along with Boyd, I'd say the Bengals have a viable 1-2 punch for the future, don't they?

For LB, even bringing in a guy like Mark Barron would have been a nice boost.
I would have gone after a different RT than Hart, but Hart has actually been one of the better OL on the Bengals (so far).
John Miller has been bad, especially in the run game. Worst OL on the team as a run blocker.
I think the OL would be doing better overall with Williams and Glenn not being hurt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote