Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor invites Chad to practice
(08-01-2019, 04:14 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Some of these players could use some of Chad's swagger. That's for sure. It could be helpful. That and the man was a route running God.

had them magical sideline tapping toes.
Reply/Quote
I just don’t get inviting drama into your house, especially before that house is even established.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I just don’t get inviting drama into your house, especially before that house is even established.

I don't think things could get much worse. 

*Please Football Gods, don't punish me for saying that*

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:18 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't think things could get much worse. 

*Please Football Gods, don't punish me for saying that*

Oh, they can!
Reply/Quote
You’d think Chad is like Aaron Hernandez when you read some of the comments.

I’m not suggesting Chad is the perfect role model to learn from, but I personally think it’s cool to have a former Bengal, especially of Chad’s caliber, come to practice and for Zac to acknowledge it. How often does that happen? I know Munoz comes by for a couple practices and Willie Anderson helped out a few years ago but outside of that it’s rare.

All of the WRs including Boyd who will be our #1 for some time need all of the advice they can get.

Hell, Stanley Morgan was considered to be one of the best route runners in the draft class. One session with Chad could turn him into a star for all we know (obviously a reach, but you get my point).
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I just don’t get inviting drama into your house, especially before that house is even established.

Chad won't bring or cause any drama.  He'll be smiling and generous with encouragement and advice.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:39 PM)McC Wrote: Chad won't bring or cause any drama.  He'll be smiling and generous with encouragement and advice.  

I don't think so either. We all grow up sooner or later, well almost all of us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From snap to whistle Chad was amazing. If he can teach any percent of that, then it is a benefit. Dobut Chad will focus on garbage.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 01:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Who hates Chad?

I can think of at least one woman who probably does.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 07:39 PM)McC Wrote: Chad won't bring or cause any drama.  He'll be smiling and generous with encouragement and advice.  

This ^

Chad will have some fun with the guys and share some encouragement.

I don't expect anything constructive or destructive.

I'd just like to see our team patch things up with past greats like Chad.

If this is the first step to that...  then so be it!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 08:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This ^

Chad will have some fun with the guys and share some encouragement.

I don't expect anything constructive or destructive.

I'd just like to see our team patch things up with past greats like Chad.

If this is the first step to that...  then so be it!

I don't know that the Bengals even have anything to patch up with Chad... seems like he comes to PBS every year during the season. I thought they had a pretty good relationship.

Now I agree with your main point, which is that there certainly are players from the past they need to patch things up with, I just don't think Chad's in that group. As far as I can tell he still loves Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote

You forgot to start out that sentence with “In my opinion” because you have no way of knowing that. I have no way of knowing either, you might be right but why invite that risk to a new day?
Reply/Quote
I don’t hate Chad. I will say at some point the personality got bigger than the football player and he turned into something that I did not like. With that said, I have no problem with him visiting camp. Fun for the players and maybe they can mine a nugget or two of wisdom from him while he is around.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 11:43 PM)HuDey Wrote: I don’t hate Chad. I will say at some point the personality got bigger than the football player and he turned into something that I did not like. With that said, I have no problem with him visiting camp. Fun for the players and maybe they can mine a nugget or two of wisdom from him while he is around.

Will it be pointers as a receiver or lessons on how to self promote? That’s my only issue. Chad was great but a young indoctrinated Ocho running around, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 11:43 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You forgot to start out that sentence with “In my opinion” because you have no way of knowing that. I have no way of knowing either, you might be right but why invite that risk to a new day?

Because he's a borderline hall of famer and one of the franchise's best wide receivers ever? And because for all the talk of his self promotion, he was extremely generous to his fans and local organizations in his time here? Yeah, those are both things I'd love to have rub off on our young players.

Plus if he starts doing something that the coaches don't like they can always just, you know, ask him to leave.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2019, 01:06 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Because he's a borderline hall of famer and one of the franchise's best wide receivers ever? And because for all the talk of his self promotion, he was extremely generous to his fans and local organizations in his time here? Yeah, those are both things I'd love to have rub off on our young players.

Plus if he starts doing something that the coaches don't like they can always just, you know, ask him to leave.

All of this ^^^

He isn't asking to be paid, he is honestly offering to come and be a part of the team that he was drafted by and spent almost his entire career playing for in a positive way.

His antics may have rubbed some people the wrong way but no one can argue his ability to flat out play WR. Malone, Core, Ross, Erickson, etc, etc, could all certainly benefit from what Chad experienced on the field.

Maybe it works great and for Chad it turns into a WR coaching job one day, so he has every reason to be serious about it. As for the Bengals, you lose nothing by inviting him. If he acts up...he leaves. I just can't picture him doing anything other then trying to show that he could be a coach.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As long as he leaves Ochocinco at home, I think it will be great for the team and the young wideouts in particular.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2019, 11:43 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You forgot to start out that sentence with “In my opinion” because you have no way of knowing that. I have no way of knowing either, you might be right but why invite that risk to a new day?

Common sense says that Chad is not gonna come here to cause trouble.  To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
People really think Chad Johnson doesn't know how to behave in public?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I like Chad, but didn't like some of his on the field antics (especially when it cost a penalty), but he has nothing to prove here, so him coming to help is just that. Meet the new HC (Taylor) and offer advice to the WR's, and be a little goofy in the process.
I doubt he would be a disruption, otherwise ZT wouldn't invite him back again. I'm not sure Chad would be a good WR coach, but I would think that TJ certainly would be and he's the one I'd love to see get the job.
Reply/Quote