Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor is a bum
4–20–1

Change my mind.
Reply/Quote
He's a total waste of space, and I won't tune into the product or financially support the team in anyway until he's gone. Getting Burrow is cool and all, but he's going to be Bungalized 100% by the end of next year without changes at the top, and I'm pretty confident Mikey's going to let it ride with Zach. Not my f*cking team, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
No argument here.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:55 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: 4–20–1

Change my mind.
What really burns me is how this team after all these yrs being in AFC North with Pitt and Baltimore and now Cleve is that they havent attempted to gear this roster to match what kind of teams they are facing 6 times a year!! If we had a true GM, we would be much closer I think.  
Zack Taylor compared to Tomlin and Harbaugh for openers is just a chuckle and the rest is evidenced on how they get prison raped each and every time they play these teams.    
Reply/Quote
He's so far in over his head it's unbelievable. He has absolutely no business being a Head Coach in the NFL.

Hell, he has no business being an OC even at top 100 college program. He's at best, a postion coach somewhere, or he the HC of some small college or high school.

If he were fired after the season, I can almost guarantee that he wouldn't get an HC or OC job anywhere in this league or in legitimate D1 football. And yet he's filling both roles here in the NFL. It's insanity!

This guy has a very good chance of going winless in his own division in year 2. That should be automatic firing!!!!!!!!!!

Get this bum outta here!!!!

PS Loving the thread title.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is the kind of HC the Browns employed after Butch David
And pre Kevin.Stefanski.how did that work out by the Lake?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:02 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's so far in over his head it's unbelievable.  He has absolutely no business being a Head Coach in the NFL.

Hell, he has no business being an OC even at top 100 college program.  He's at best, a postion coach somewhere, or he the HC of some small college or high school.

If he were fired after the season, I can almost guarantee that he wouldn't get an HC or OC job anywhere in this league or in legitimate D1 football.  And yet he's filling both roles here in the NFL.  It's insanity!

This guy has a very good chance of going winless in his own division in year 2.  That should be automatic firing!!!!!!!!!!

Get this bum outta here!!!!

PS Loving the thread title.

The division is key.  Can't go to the playoffs if you can't get through Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Dude's about to go 1-11 in the division his first two years. There is zero point in keeping a guy like that. I don't care how swell his message is in the locker room.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Can't argue you here. He's on the hot seat. If this team doesn't rattle off 6 wins to end the year, he should be gone. Plain and simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've started to like Taylor as an offensive playcaller more and more. He's been able to substantially put up more points this year compared to last year. But at the end of the day, you are the HC, not the OC. It's your responsibility to get wins. And you have fewer wins in 25 games than the guy before you had in his final season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What really burns me is how this team after all these yrs being in AFC North with Pitt and Baltimore and now Cleve is that they havent attempted to gear this roster to match what kind of teams they are facing 6 times a year!! If we had a true GM, we would be much closer I think.  
Zack Taylor compared to Tomlin and Harbaugh for openers is just a chuckle and the rest is evidenced on how they get prison raped each and every time they play these teams.    

Marvin Lewis did just that and swept the division once or twice. Then when they played other teams they didn’t fair so well unfortunately
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:55 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: 4–20–1

Change my mind.

not sure i can.

I try and be a bit pragmatic and say well its tough for other young/rookie coaches like Patricia, Gase and Flores but they all had better first seasons and won more games but he seems completely lost.

I also keep reminding myself that the consensus seemed to be that the Bengals cupboard was not bare , he has had complete backing of F/O , chose his own coaches and even lucked out by being crap enough to get #1 pick in the year Burrow was available.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've started to like Taylor as an offensive playcaller more and more. He's been able to substantially put up more points this year compared to last year. But at the end of the day, you are the HC, not the OC. It's your responsibility to get wins. And you have fewer wins in 25 games than the guy before you had in his final season.

I don't care about what he's done right in terms of the draft, etc. The team is on a good trajectory. Yada Yada. He hasn't won. They aren't winning. He can't coach against the coaches in our division with any degree of success. The bottom line is Marvin would have won more games. What we all wanted was an improvement from Marvin. So far the record doesn't lie. He's got to game plan better. It can't be all on Burrow and the players. Prepare the players better. Game plan better. Know your opponent better.

Burrow needs a good HC to complement him. I'm sure there's coaches out there salivating at the thought of having a QB like Burrow to build around. Start putting some names together and searching. If Zac doesn't prove you wrong by the end of the year you cut bait and open the phone lines.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't care about what he's done right in terms of the draft, etc. The team is on a good trajectory. Yada Yada. He hasn't won. They aren't winning. He can't coach against the coaches in our division with any degree of success. The bottom line is Marvin would have won more games. What we all wanted was an improvement from Marvin. So far the record doesn't lie. He's got to game plan better. It can't be all on Burrow and the players. Prepare the players better. Game plan better. Know your opponent better.

Burrow needs a good HC to complement him. I'm sure there's coaches out there salivating at the thought of having a QB like Burrow to build around. Start putting some names together and searching. If Zac doesn't prove you wrong by the end of the year you cut bait and open the phone lines.

I understand where you're coming from.

What if Taylor replaced Anarumo with a DC who has some HC experience?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac Taylor is the kind of HC the Browns employed after Butch David
And pre Kevin.Stefanski.how did that work out by the Lake?

Some of them had legit qualifications at least. I still don’t know what ZTs are.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:51 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't care about what he's done right in terms of the draft, etc. The team is on a good trajectory. Yada Yada. He hasn't won. They aren't winning. He can't coach against the coaches in our division with any degree of success. The bottom line is Marvin would have won more games. What we all wanted was an improvement from Marvin. So far the record doesn't lie. He's got to game plan better. It can't be all on Burrow and the players. Prepare the players better. Game plan better. Know your opponent better.

I’m not going to argue Zac needs to start getting judged. I will say it’s hard to win with tony brown starting at cb for your defense.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is not a bum.  Whoever hired Zac Taylor is the real bum.
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Marvin Lewis himself could coach this group of players to playoff success. Burrow is the QB he needed. But that ship has sailed and Zac's ship is sailing before our eyes. It's time to put some names together. Current OCs, DCs, etc. There's plenty of good coaches out there. What about Burrows OC from college? Lots of options.

Prove us wrong Zac. Win 6 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I honestly think Marvin Lewis himself could coach this group of players to playoff success. Burrow is the QB he needed. But that ship has sailed and Zac's ship is sailing before our eyes. It's time to put some names together. Current OCs, DCs, etc. There's plenty of good coaches out there. What about Burrows OC from college? Lots of options.

Prove us wrong Zac. Win 6 games.

I thought once Lewis was gone it was on to the SB?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not going to argue Zac needs to start getting judged. I will say it’s hard to win with tony brown starting at cb for your defense.

Keep making excuses for the guy. His coaching let both the Ravens game and Steelers game get out of hand from the whistle. He needs to gameplan and strategize better. Know his opponent better. Prepare the players better. Coach better. Win games. Injuries happen all the time. I want to see Taylor actually out coach some teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor is not a bum.  Whoever hired Zac Taylor is the real bum.

I’ve been saying this for years. This franchise died with PB.
Reply/Quote