Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor is a bum
(11-16-2020, 11:03 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Of course he does. But, he also inherited one of the worst built rosters in the NFL. He's also a very young coach with a rookie QB and no offseason. I think that Taylor criticism is warranted where it's warranted, but the listing of the ship from one side to the other from a win against a dominating very good team (ZT is good then, right?) and then a bad loss to one of the best teams in football (now he's a bum).... with a completely destroyed roster.... is a little over the top. It's cry baby stuff.

- If we include a virtually worthless AJ Green, I saw a stat where the Bengals were playing without something, like, $75 million of their salary cap yesterday due to injury. What coach can play a really good team like that along with a rookie QB and a bunch of coaches out, etc etc.? Like, they literally had position coaches driving back to Cincy yesterday because of COVID contact rules on top of the players being out. -

My expectations at this point are to keep Burrow upright and get on to next year. Why any fans get this worked up over a Bengals loss during a throw away "grow the rookie QB" year is nuts to me.

Couple of things... Lol at the loss of any of our coaches being a factor in that loss. Second... Anybody who thought that wasn't going to happen yesterday hasn't been paying attention to the last coupla decades, and the last year and a half in particular. Third, I don't recall anyone sayin' that Zac Taylor is a good HC now after the win 2 weeks ago... It was a pleasant surprise, but it doesn't erase the big picture of his suckitude. Finally, there is no such thing as a throw away second season of a coach's career. Rebuilds or reboots or whatever don't take 5 years or whatever anymore. If it does, you're just spinning your wheels... Which we are til this clown's gone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Last game ZT was the toast of the town. This week he's a bum. Bunch of basic bitches around here with no patience. ZT needs time, JB needs time. This is a rebuild. Quit your crying.

Reminds me of the scene in the God Father...

I have been all for patience with Zac. Problem is, he continues to fail. He might as well not have made the trip to the stadium to play Pitt or Balt. with his gameplanning. The players were not prepared. The strategy was way off the mark. He continues to get out coached.

At a certain point, patience turns into deeply questioning whether he's shown anything at any point in time that his coaching is what won us any game.

Honestly, I feel like the momentum of Burrow is what won us the Tenn. game. We also matched up well against them on offense. 

Patience with Zac is as thin as it's been after this loss, and rightfully so. He needs to proves us all wrong the rest of the way, or get replaced.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 12:59 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I have been all for patience with Zac. Problem is, he continues to fail. He might as well not have made the trip to the stadium to play Pitt or Balt. with his gameplanning. The players were not prepared. The strategy was way off the mark. He continues to get out coached.

At a certain point, patience turns into deeply questioning whether he's shown anything at any point in time that his coaching is what won us any game.

Honestly, I feel like the momentum of Burrow is what won us the Tenn. game. We also matched up well against them on offense. 

Patience with Zac is as thin as it's been after this loss, and rightfully so. He needs to proves us all wrong the rest of the way, or get replaced.

Right

And to me he's ran out of time. If he doesn't win at least 4 of the remaining 7 I say pull the plug.
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread, the thing that makes me hate ZT the most is he doesn't take into account the team he is playing, the weather, or the personnel he is playing. Like he wants to prove his offense will work in all cases. Windy, rainy, miserable day; why is he running empty sets on first down?? Put your QB under center and run the ball... I don't understand why he thinks Burrow needs to throw the ball 40 times a game to win. Patriots just beat the shitbirds running the ball down their throat. It also doesn't help that I think offensive minded head coaches suck and meddle too much with what should be the job of the OC. I just hope for some reason, maybe he bangs Katie and gets fired, that we can go get Saleh.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:12 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

And to me he's ran out of time. If he doesn't win at least 4 of the remaining 7 I say pull the plug.

To Mike Brown and a lot of people, 4 wins is enough--heck 3 wins may be enough for MB.

For me, he's got to win 6. I give him a pass on 5 if he plays both Balt and Pitt close.
Reply/Quote
I really like him, but I can't factually make an argument for him.. I'm with you in this, as much as it hurts to say it. ZACKS a bum...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 03:57 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: [Image: c603f724adae245d3232976ae8d65660.jpg]He's a total waste of space, and I won't tune into the product or financially support the team in anyway until he's gone. Getting Burrow is cool and all, but he's going to be Bungalized 100% by the end of next year without changes at the top, and I'm pretty confident Mikey's going to let it ride with Zach. Not my f*cking team, no thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What really burns me is how this team after all these yrs being in AFC North with Pitt and Baltimore and now Cleve is that they havent attempted to gear this roster to match what kind of teams they are facing 6 times a year!! If we had a true GM, we would be much closer I think.  
Zack Taylor compared to Tomlin and Harbaugh for openers is just a chuckle and the rest is evidenced on how they get prison raped each and every time they play these teams.    

Really? They didn't bring in Reader and Bell to shore up the run defense? They didn't dump DreK and bring in Waynes and Alexander to improve the DB's? They didn't draft a top bell cow Running Back for when it gets cold? They didn't draft the top QB and a top WR to put points on the board? They didn't do anything to try to better match with the other AFCN teams? Or have you just been sleeping? Drama much?
Reply/Quote
i would love to know what Zak, Lou and Company get paid compared to the rest of the league. Is he here because he is affordable? Not sure, but would like to know.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:24 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: i would love to know what Zak, Lou and Company get paid compared to the rest of the league. Is he here because he is affordable? Not sure, but would like to know.

Not a complete list but this is some of the top guys:

1. Bill Belichick: $12 million

2. Pete Carroll: $11 million
3. Jon Gruden: $10 million
4. Sean Payton: $9.8 million
5. John Harbaugh: $9 million
6. Matt Rhule: $8.5 million
7. Sean McVay: $8.5 million
T-8. Mike Tomlin: $8 million
T-8. Dan Quinn: $8 million
T-8. Andy Reid: $8 million

I remember somewhere that the low end for a NFL head coach is like 4 million, so my guess is Zac is probably getting 4 to 5 million a year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If Zac was fired at the end of the season,this would be
His 1st and last HC job.
Like I said hes on par with all those HCs the Browns went through
After Butch Davis quit.
Reply/Quote
fire him now, start any transition you can.
Reply/Quote