Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
Taylor and Turner need to be gone.
Let Callahan run the offense with Simmons as interim HC.
Bring in Wade Phillips as a special defensive consultant and then give him DC duties at the bye week and let Anarumo go.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good call on Tobin. The drafts prior to last season and this have been absolute GARBAGE for a while now. They have set this team back quite a bit as the core group ages. 

The D is actually decent. We have an amateur Head coach and play caller on offense that is the problem. the talent is their on offense the scheme was a kindergartner against a college graduate in a game of chess.
Reply/Quote
He absolutely should be fired. And in a painful way. First thought I had was scrotum whipping.

Or we could drop 10 lb barbells on his nuts for an indefinite period.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Taylor and Turner need to be gone.
Let Callahan run the offense with Simmons as interim HC.
Bring in Wade Phillips as a special defensive consultant and then give him DC duties at the bye week and let Anarumo go.

Anarumo has been decent he needs to stay
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Anarumo has been decent he needs to stay

Then keep him through the rest of the year, but still bring in Phillips.
But I don't call 27th against the run as "decent." Passing defense and Points Allowed have improved though.
I'm willing to give him through the rest of the season to prove it though.
But I'm tired of Taylor and especially Turner.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Just goes to show that it doesn’t matter how much talent you have on your team if your coaches aren’t worth a ****.

This team isn’t that talented offensively. WRs don’t get separation on bad dbs, the offensive line is among the worst in the league if not the worst. We drafted a rookie qb who is making rookie mistakes behind the worst line. We paid Mixon to run behind this line.

The defense has more talent and Lou had tge defense playing pretty well today aside from the first quarter.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Stefanski has the Browns off to a 3-1 start potentially a 4-1 start in his first year..now thats a real offensive guru...Zac Taylor sold himself to Mike Brown and Tobin like a used car dealership salesman. The dudes a good talker but he can't back it up.
Reply/Quote
Hell remember all the talk about Joe Brady? We can still have a young offensive minded coach. This one will just be a little different. He will be good at his job.
Reply/Quote
Its time to let Callahan call the plays. Zacharys BS hasnt worked for 2 season. He needs to swallow his pride and had the calls over to Callahan..he wont do it because he knows that could be the end of his coaching career offensively and would have to go back to being a qb coach or assistant.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:35 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: LMAO.... Baltimore is just BETTER. They kicked the shit out of us last year. The defense played well enough to win today, which was encouraging. Burrow played meh ball today, offensive line was simply outclassed.

Idk. They coulda used motion like they did last week. Baltimore is better but they were beatable today. We didn’t use our imagination for some reason and thought we could go Mano y Mano with them. Huge issue there.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:33 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Zac isn’t going anywhere.

We are not Cleveland.

You’re right. Cleveland is better than us...
Reply/Quote
Can Tobin go too ?
Reply/Quote
Lou Anarumo can stay for now because the defense has improved over 2019.

Darrin Simmons has the special teams playing at a high level.

Zac Taylor, Brian Callahan, and Jim Turner need to go — like right now!
Reply/Quote
Today was comparable to the end of Zampeze.The game plan was offensively was garbage. We could bring Obrien off the street and look better. All these players speaking out it tells me he has already lost the locker room. When players hearts aern't in it that's when injuries happen. 1 thing I can say about Marvin he atleast never lost the locker room and respect of his players
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:00 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Its time to let Callahan call the plays. Zacharys BS hasnt worked for 2 season. He needs to swallow his pride and had the calls over to Callahan..he wont do it because he knows that could be the end of his coaching career offensively and would have to go back to being a qb coach or assistant.

That is probably realistically our best hope. We lucked/sucked into a stud QB. MB may realize this and make a coaching change earlier than he feels comfortable, but I doubt it. 

ZT thinks he is McVay, he is not. Callahan might have a better feel for calling plays. 
Reply/Quote
Make Simmons the HC. **** it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Moves that need made:

1) Taylor needs to go.
2) Turner needs to go.
3) Tobin needs to go.
4) Blackburns need out of football decisions. The nepotism is strong with the owner, but give them a PR/office job, nothing related too football decision making.

The D is playing pretty well, considering. So Lou can stay. IDK on Callahan since ZT runs the O.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:53 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So because you can name one franchise that didn't do well with moving on from coaches we should keep a guy who's clearly not qualified for the job?

Did the 49'ers make a mistake when they only gave Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly each a year to then hire Kyle Shannahan?

Imagine if they followed your logic.  "Guys, I know Chip Kelly sucks but we're not the Browns".

What stupid logic...

So you think a new HC is going to come in and beat Baltimore with this roster?

So who do you think can come here with this offensive roster and compete against Baltimore and Pittsburgh?

I didn’t watch the game I listened. Absolutely nothing worked today on offense. No separation from dbs, no blocking up front, burrow hanging onto the ball too long and getting sacked and hit every play. That offense cannot compete against the best teams in the nfl. Period.

But tell me, who’s coming in here and turning this team around in less that 3 years. If you think Bienemy can do it while not looking like a failure I’d like to know how.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:01 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Idk. They coulda used motion like they did last week. Baltimore is better but they were beatable today. We didn’t use our imagination for some reason and thought we could go Mano y Mano with them. Huge issue there.

I can agree with the lack of motion, for sure. For the record, I'm not saying he was Andy Reid out there today, lol....but man, when your oline is playing as shaky as ours, I just honestly know who is most at fault except for them. I'm a FSU fan, it's the same exact same in recent years as it is in Cincy. They get their ass kicked up front almost every play. It's just very difficult to find any kind of rhythm when you're handcuffed like that. The Noles went to dual threat QB, and have seen some improvement, but they still aren't going to beat any ranked teams, because Travis is still running for his life, but he's at least able to escape some. Burrow has improved us with his play, today notwithstanding. Take last week, we played a defense that was less talented than us, and the offense was able to achieve balance and looked good. Teams are gonna blitz Burrow until he, or his line, can figure it out. Some was on the coaches today, some was on recognition by a rookie. I have faith Burrow will learn, Zac? I dunno....but the line is a serious problem with this team. Even Gumble and Gannon made note of it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So you think a new HC is going to come in and beat Baltimore with this roster?

You're asking the wrong question.

The question is: Can we hire a HC that is better than Zac Taylor?

If your answer is "yes" then this conversation is over.
Reply/Quote