Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
(10-11-2020, 06:35 PM)J24 Wrote: O-5 in the playoffs & we haven't made it to the playoffs in the past 4 seasons. 

3-17-1

See ya
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:48 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: This game was discouraging to say the least. It looked as if there was no game plan on offense at any point. Also sad that a coach cannot scheme up something to combat a blitz. Zac Taylor needs to stop running the offense, plain and simple. It was also embarrassing watching him run the ball and kick a FG at the end of the game. Apparently today he lost not just his game plan but also his pride. Shameful.

He should be fired for simply giving up and kicking instead of going for 6
Reply/Quote
Good Lord. SMH!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't care who the coach is if the Bsngals don't get some offensive linemen it's going to be ugly again.

Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna die on the Zac Taylor hill, but this is spot on. I don't think a lot of folks realize just how bad this unit is, and just what it does to an offense.  It's scary how much this team, and my college team mirror each other. The Noles have fallen off a cliff, and they can't block anyone either. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna die on the Zac Taylor hill, but this is spot on. I don't think a lot of folks realize just how bad this unit is, and just what it does to an offense.  It's scary how much this team, and my college team mirror each other. The Noles have fallen off a cliff, and they can't block anyone either. 

Yeah, but Taylor hired the guy to coach that OL, and you would have to believe he has at least some say in personnel as well.

I'm sure you can point to a lot of bad units under coaches that were fired.  Ultimately, being at the very top, the Head Coach is responsible for the performance of everyone.

The offensive line being as bad as it is reflects on Zaz Taylor.  Everything that takes place on the field reflects on the head coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:56 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We had a week to prepare and we weren't. Their D did nothing new. We weren't ready. Nobody knew what they were doing. That's not just a performance thing. That's a preparation thing. Therefore, it's a coaching thing. 

Yeah, I just don't know how much is preparation, and how much is simply horrible execution from a horrible unit that just happens to be the unit that protects and starts everything in the game of football. It's the same exact thing with my college team, and we've had THREE coaching staffs since 2017. I'm not advocating keeping any of this staff, but man, when you can't block anyone, you just ain't gonna beat teams like Baltimore. We're outclassed in talent in regards to dline vs oline in this particular matchup. By a long shot.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.... Baltimore is just BETTER. They kicked the shit out of us last year. The defense played well enough to win today, which was encouraging. Burrow played meh ball today, offensive line was simply outclassed.

Haven't watched the game yet, just saw the score 27-3... Wow.

It is going to take another year to get the O-line upgraded. Glad to hear the Defense played well enough.

Thanks Wyche. Need to hear these things from rational posters.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Yeah, but Taylor hired the guy to coach that OL, and you would have to believe he has at least some say in personnel as well.

I'm sure you can point to a lot of bad units under coaches that were fired.  Ultimately, being at the very top, the Head Coach is responsible for the performance of everyone.

The offensive line being as bad as it is reflects on Zaz Taylor.  Everything that takes place on the field reflects on the head coach.

I'll agree there for sure. He didn't have much option there last year, but he did this off-season, and he should've made the upgrade. 

As to the personnel, with this super secret organization hierarchy, who the hell knows who to blame there. I'll hold this staff accountable for Williams and Jordan, for sure. After that, who really knows? I mean, Blackburn defended Bobby Hart, right?

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.... Baltimore is just BETTER. They kicked the shit out of us last year. The defense played well enough to win today, which was encouraging. Burrow played meh ball today, offensive line was simply outclassed.

Marvin Lewis knew how to beat the Ravens but Zac Taylor don't have a clue.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Haven't watched the game yet, just saw the score 27-3... Wow.

It is going to take another year to get the O-line upgraded. Glad to hear the Defense played well enough.

Thanks Wyche. Need to hear these things from rational posters.

One TD was a fumble recovery for a TD, and the offense gave em a couple short fields. 

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile the Browns look scary, fun...
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylors big thing is preaching a "winning culture". The dude has 3 wins in two years. Yeah...not sure how players are still buying into this crap.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zac Taylors big thing is preaching a "winning culture". The dude has 3 wins in two years. Yeah...not sure how players are still buying into this crap.

They aren’t. He’s already losing some of the vets.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:12 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: Marvin Lewis knew how to beat the Ravens but Zac Taylor don't have a clue.

So bring Marv back? Marvin also had stellar oline play for a few years....the unit in front of Palmer until it fell apart, then Whit, Zeit, Boling, and Fat Dre.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'm certainly not gonna die on the Zac Taylor hill, but this is spot on. I don't think a lot of folks realize just how bad this unit is, and just what it does to an offense.  It's scary how much this team, and my college team mirror each other. The Noles have fallen off a cliff, and they can't block anyone either. 

The scary part is the Ravens exposed this O Line even more than it was and every team is going to blitz the shit out of us. This team has shown no ability to counter it whatsoever. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And this is going to be the 5th straight losing season for the Bengals.

After the 2015 playoff debacle I heard experts say that meltdown is the type of thing that destroys a franchise for a decade. So far it’s spot on.
Reply/Quote
My get tells me that the Bengals will keep Zach Taylor until at least the end of the year

But they could fire Turner by the bye week. Bill O'Brien may have not been a great general manager for Houston but he was a damn good coach and I would like to see the Bengals bring him in to the organization.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-reader-injury-reels-d-line-zac-no-time-to-panic-green-hurts-hamstring

"No time to panic," says Zac. Maybe not, but there should be a sense of urgency to do well.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-reader-injury-reels-d-line-zac-no-time-to-panic-green-hurts-hamstring

"No time to panic," says Zac. Maybe not, but there should be a sense of urgency to do well.

He's either a ***** idiot or he's trying desperately to put on a brave face.  

You're 3-17-1, coach.  I'd say it's time to panic.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The scary part is the Ravens exposed this O Line even more than it was and every team is going to blitz the shit out of us. This team has shown no ability to counter it whatsoever. 

Yeah, it doesn't bode well for us. You just gotta hope some teams aren't gonna be as successful at it as Baltimore is. They do a blitz everyone quite a bit, so there's that.

Reply/Quote