Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor needs to go
(10-11-2020, 06:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Today was comparable to the end of Zampeze.The game plan was offensively was garbage. We could bring Obrien off the street and look better. All these players speaking out it tells me he has already lost the locker room. When players hearts aern't in it that's when injuries happen. 1 thing I can say about Marvin he atleast never lost the locker  room and respect of his players

Marvin lost the team after 2015.....this team hasn't quit yet, but maybe a few vets that have been shown the bench.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're asking the wrong question.

The question is: Can we hire a HC that is better than Zac Taylor?

If your answer is "yes" then this conversation is over.

This
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:08 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Today was comparable to the end of Zampeze.The game plan was offensively was garbage. We could bring Obrien off the street and look better. All these players speaking out it tells me he has already lost the locker room. When players hearts aern't in it that's when injuries happen. 1 thing I can say about Marvin he atleast never lost the locker  room and respect of his players

It would be really hard to get respect from your team when you only win 3 out of 20 games. Especially when you have no previous record to show for and are the age of some of your players. 

You think they don't know he's over his head? 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't understand how they had no counter to the pass rush.

Either call plays, and/or switch to formations that can help pick up the blitz, or call plays that can exploit the pressure (slip screen, quick out, hitch etc.)

There looked to be no answer.  None.

For people that said Joe held on to the ball to long, you can't throw the ball away 20 times in a game.  Guys were routinely getting to him under 2 seconds.  How many guys went completely unblocked?

And another thing... We ran the ball great last week, yet there seemed to be attempt to get it going this week.  It looked like a lot of other games under this turd.  We have absolutely no identity, and the playcalling seems almost random and without purpose for long stretches.

Absolutely pathetic job today by Taylor.  This dude sucks.

No quick slants, no screens, no misdirection, no rolling Joe out...it was a complete embarrassment. 

I get the o line is bad, but there are ways to counter it. How many times are we going to try and block 7 games with 5. What a clown show. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The D is actually decent. We have an amateur Head coach and play caller on offense that is the problem. the talent is their on offense the scheme was a kindergartner against a college graduate in a game of chess.

Defense was made decent via FA this season, and actually getting athletic LBers. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: But tell me, who’s coming in here and turning this team around in less that 3 years. If you think Bienemy can do it while not looking like a failure I’d like to know how.

It depends on what you're definition of "turned around" is.

To truly turn this franchise around you're going to need to bring in a GM, and a new coach, and give them full control over all football related decisions.

Regardless of whether or not that is likely to happen, there are better HC's out there than Zac Taylor.

Why would you keep a guy who is clearly a underqualified clown of coach?  You really don't think we can do better?

I can make you a simple quarantee:  Eric Bienemy could not be worse.  And there's a chance he could be much, much better.

But nah, let's hold on to this complete loser because we're not the Browns.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You're asking the wrong question.

The question is: Can we hire a HC that is better than Zac Taylor?

If your answer is "yes" then this conversation is over.

They tried to interview a bunch of people and a bunch of them were denied by the team they were on.

Zac was like the 4th or 5th option. I’m not sure if bienemy was interviewed. He’s the only Guy I’d like here, of the new blood coaches, but he’s going to get interviewed everywhere.
Reply/Quote
I don't care who the coach is if the Bsngals don't get some offensive linemen it's going to be ugly again.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I want to like Zack but the dude seams to be the wrong guy for the job. With that being said I don't think any coach can be successful with Duke as the GM though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:28 PM)J24 Wrote: I want to like Zack but the dude seams to be the wrong guy for the job. With that being said I don't think any coach can be successful with Duke as the GM though.

Didn't we make it to the play offs 5 years in a row, one of those seasons being a 12-4 record? With Duke as the GM. 
Reply/Quote
Bienemy isn't coming here with the potential openings this coming offseason.

We are decades behind the whole division. As far as competing. Future is not so bright in the Jungle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Didn't we make it to the play offs 5 years in a row, one of those seasons being a 12-4 record? With Duke as the GM. 

O-5 in the playoffs & we haven't made it to the playoffs in the past 4 seasons. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine us actually regretting letting ZT go as a HC, but I also don't know if there is any reason to keep him other than the idea that no one would want to come here and no one can win here...which makes those hater analysts who said Burrow shouldn't come here look like they were on the right track.

But all asides aside, maybe ZT is let go at the end of the season, maybe not. I can't imagine us getting any legit coordinators here until ZT and his pals are gone.
Reply/Quote
Again, you can the entire staff and start over with a proven coach. Pay for a high quality (not necessarily top tier, but highly rated) HC and let them get the right people in the right job.

Don't get me started on Simmons as HC. Dude has been here forever and is a holdover of the existing culture we have on this team - no thanks.

Then again, it is the Bengals so no changes will happen...
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They tried to interview a bunch of people and a bunch of them were denied by the team they were on.

Zac was like the 4th or 5th option. I’m not sure if bienemy was interviewed. He’s the only Guy I’d like here, of the new blood coaches, but he’s going to get interviewed everywhere.

Taylor was an embarrassment of a hire in the first place.  His resume included the following:
  • 2017 - 2018, LA Rams, where he was initially the assistant wide receivers coach before the big promotion to quarterbacks coach.
  • 2016, University of Cincinnati, in Taylor's one full year of experience as an offensive coordinator, he inherited a UC squad that ranked 37th out of 128 D1 programs in points per game in 2015.  Taylor managed to take that squad to the absolute basement of D1 football as his offense ranked 123rd out of 128 D1 programs in points per game. 
  • 2012 - 2015, Miami Dolphins, Taylor began as the assistant quarterbacks coach, eventually ascending to "interim" offensive coordinator for five games.  Taylor's offense managed a fierce 17 points a game in his only NFL experience calling plays.  
He was not ready for this job and it's woefully apparent.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:29 PM)TheFan Wrote: Didn't we make it to the play offs 5 years in a row, one of those seasons being a 12-4 record? With Duke as the GM. 

How many playoff games did we win in those 5 years?  (Hint: It starts with a Z.)

Actually Duke Tobin has been here a total of 21 years.  How many playoff games have we won in that span?

What's our record over the last 5 seasons?

Does recency not matter?  Does actually getting closer to the ultimate goal (Superbowl) not matter?

I mean, I guess if you want a guy that can build a year-in, year-out loser then Tobin is your man.  Why change anything?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:50 PM)MickMack Wrote: Taylor was an embarrassment of a hire in the first place.  His resume included the following:

• 2017 - 2018, LA Rams, where he was initially the assistant wide receivers coach before the big promotion to quarterbacks coach.
  • 2016, University of Cincinnati, in Taylor's one full year of experience as an offensive coordinator, he inherited a UC squad that ranked 37th out of 128 D1 programs in points per game in 2015.  Taylor managed to take that squad to the absolute basement of D1 football as his offense ranked 123rd out of 128 D1 programs in points per game. 
  • 2012 - 2015, Miami Dolphins, Taylor began as the assistant quarterbacks coach, eventually ascending to "interim" offensive coordinator for five games.  Taylor's offense managed a fierce 17 points a game in his only NFL experience calling plays.  
He was not ready for this job and it's woefully apparent.

Joke of a resume...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 06:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m not sure if bienemy was interviewed.

He’s the only Guy I’d like here, of the new blood coaches, but he’s going to get interviewed everywhere.

He was interviewed.

So, just to be clear, you're taking Zac Taylor over every single coach not named Eric Bienemy.  May I ask why?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.... Baltimore is just BETTER. They kicked the shit out of us last year. The defense played well enough to win today, which was encouraging. Burrow played meh ball today, offensive line was simply outclassed.

We had a week to prepare and we weren't. Their D did nothing new. We weren't ready. Nobody knew what they were doing. That's not just a performance thing. That's a preparation thing. Therefore, it's a coaching thing. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Ancient history. His drafts (especially his OL picks) in recent years have us where we are now.

Reply/Quote