Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-17-2023, 07:38 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: hard to sell the run from the damn shotgun ffs

Not if all your runs are from the shotgun.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't have Zac's face tattooed on my chest but I did see a HC of whom I was proud of today.

There was a point on the sidelines where he was sitting beside JB on the bench and going through the still shots with him.

It was reported that he could be heard yelling at the team at halftime because of their crappy execution 

He was 100% on challenges 

The execution was a big reason we lost but the head coach prepares the team to execute. He does not let the team practice hard or play in the preseason their execution lands in the head coach's lap. We have had our 6 quarters of warm up we should be playing better next week good enough to win. As long as Burrow is not injured from today's game. The limp in 4th quarter...

We start the games out way too conservative that is why we always have to come back to win games late. We should not be letting the clock tick down to 3 seconds consistently late in the game when we are behind. We need to show some urgency at the very least.

Burrow could do the same thing Manning did back in the day and go no huddle tire the defense out run the score up then switch back to Zacs conservative play calling to run the clock out with a lead.

Zac being ass-backwards like he is he calls plays conservative until the game is almost out of reach then he try's to get in top gear. This is with great WR's and a great QB it is truly a waste of talent. I kind of like the idea of Burrow calling his own plays could not be any worse than Zac.
Reply/Quote
I’m shocked we have people who still think he’s worth defending. Good enough HC as a head coach but a ***** nightmare of a play caller.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Dey sucks as a O coordinator...

[Image: rPYBiJH.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:52 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Zac is signed thru 2026.  We are talking about the Bengals here.

Means nothing. He’s on the hot seat if he has a .500 or worse season this year. If there isn’t a marked turnaround in 2024 he’s gone after that season. You don’t sign a QB for the most money in history to deal with this kind of production out of such a talented roster. 

Unpopular and way too early opinion, I think he’s gone at the end of 2024. The reason I think it’s going to happen is because we’ve seen ZT at his best. He’s not going to change. He’s not gonna all of a sudden become a great coach. Do you know how many coaches would give their left n*t to have the offensive potential the Bengals have? It was torture watching Mixon bulldoze fools today knowing that you also have Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Boyd on the SAME TEAM. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:07 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Means nothing. He’s on the hot seat if he has a .500 or worse season this year. If there isn’t a marked turnaround in 2024 he’s gone after that season. You don’t sign a QB for the most money in history to deal with this kind of production out of such a talented roster. 

Unpopular and way too early opinion, I think he’s gone at the end of 2024. The reason I think it’s going to happen is because we’ve seen ZT at his best. He’s not going to change. He’s not gonna all of a sudden become a great coach. Do you know how many coaches would give their left n*t to have the offensive potential the Bengals have? It was torture watching Mixon bulldoze fools today knowing that you also have Burrow/Chase/Higgins/Boyd on the SAME TEAM. 

Not how the Bengals operate. They could probably go 3-14 this year and next and Taylor is back.

But, I do agree with your premise. Individual brilliance by Burrow, Chase, and Higgins and timely plays by the defense make him look better than he is.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:07 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Means nothing. He’s on the hot seat if he has a .500 or worse season this year. If there isn’t a marked turnaround in 2024 he’s gone after that season. You don’t sign a QB for the most money in history to deal with this kind of production out of such a talented roster. 

You’re new to this franchise, so this hideously errant take can be excused.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:00 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m shocked we have people who still think he’s worth defending. Good enough HC as a head coach but a ***** nightmare of a play caller.

Maybe he should take over totally,  this according to ZT Burrow and Callahan has been 3 headed monster I hate no play action but that is Burrow not wanting it.. maybe ZT should take over totally 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:53 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: The execution was a big reason we lost but the head coach prepares the team to execute. He does not let the team practice hard or play in the preseason their execution lands in the head coach's lap. We have had our 6 quarters of warm up we should be playing better next week good enough to win. As long as Burrow is not injured from today's game. The limp in 4th quarter...

We start the games out way too conservative that is why we always have to come back to win games late. We should not be letting the clock tick down to 3 seconds consistently late in the game when we are behind. We need to show some urgency at the very least.

Burrow could do the same thing Manning did back in the day and go no huddle tire the defense out run the score up then switch back to Zacs conservative play calling to run the clock out with a lead.

Zac being ass-backwards like he is he calls plays conservative until the game is almost out of reach then he try's to get in top gear. This is with great WR's and a great QB it is truly a waste of talent. I kind of like the idea of Burrow calling his own plays could not be any worse than Zac.

Yep. The gameplanning sucks. The scripted plays. Even last year, this team struggled to score at times...mainly early. Routinely sucking for half the game, then coming alive in the 3rd quarter.

Look, we can make the playoffs a lot of years with Taylor...but winning the SB is what it's about.

And, when the extensions kick in, we're going to have to win with less veteran talent.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not how the Bengals operate. They could probably go 3-14 this year and next and Taylor is back.

Not how they used to operate maybe, but teams don’t just fork over the largest contract in NFL history to go 3-14 2 years in a row with the same coach. The culture’s changed since Burrow. Same thing happened with Brees in NOLA and we all said the same things. We had 40 years of total failure and when Brees showed up, everything changed. Winning is a powerful drug and once you have it you wanna get it back.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You’re new to this franchise, so this hideously errant take can be excused.

I’m a recovering Saints fan. We said the same stuff before Brees came. Then we made the playoffs and the culture permanently changed. You do realize the Bengals just forked over the largest contract in NFL history, right? Do you think they did that because they wanted to have losing seasons every year til 2026? Common sense, man, c’mon.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Not how they used to operate maybe, but teams don’t just fork over the largest contract in NFL history to go 3-14 2 years in a row with the same coach. The culture’s changed since Burrow. Same thing happened with Brees in NOLA and we all said the same things. We had 40 years of total failure and when Brees showed up, everything changed. Winning is a powerful drug and once you have it you wanna get it back.

Actually culture started changing with ZT before Burrow,  I just think ZT might need to adjust approach with Burrow struggling, take mor control on offense 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:18 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Not how they used to operate maybe, but teams don’t just fork over the largest contract in NFL history to go 3-14 2 years in a row with the same coach. The culture’s changed since Burrow. Same thing happened with Brees in NOLA and we all said the same things. We had 40 years of total failure and when Brees showed up, everything changed. Winning is a powerful drug and once you have it you wanna get it back.

If this team goes 3-14 2 years in a row, either Burrow is hurt...or he's turned into Akili Smith.

This team will win some games.

The Bengals a 1-7 against Lamar when he starts. They'll win some games.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Zac Taylor is a terrible play caller and his “throw jello on the wall and see what sticks” game plan has cost Cincinnati two Lombardi Trophies so far. There is absolutely no excuse for an offensive roster this talented to suck harder than an EF5 tornado.

With that said, 2023 looks different. Two of the five offensive line positions are new with Orlando Brown at left tackle and Jonah Williams at right tackle. Neither player looks comfortable in their position. A bad offensive line limits the playbook drastically. Joe Burrow is not allowed sufficient time for deep routes to develop and right now the Bengals don’t have a blocking tight end.

This leaves screens, short slants, and runs up the gut; just throw the rest of the playbook away.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: With that said, 2023 looks different.  Two of the five offensive line positions are new with Orlando Brown at left tackle and Jonah Williams at right tackle.  Neither player looks comfortable in their position.  A bad offensive line limits the playbook drastically.  Joe Burrow is not allowed sufficient time for deep routes to develop and right now the Bengals don’t have a blocking tight end.

This leaves screens, short slants, and runs up the gut; just throw the rest of the playbook away.

Why is it something with the OL every single year? Weren’t they voted “Top 10 OL”? I know it was based on personnel and not synergy but, c’mon. 270 million to a QB from a team who takes 3 years to still not figure out an OL situation that works. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:30 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Why is it something with the OL every single year? Weren’t they voted “Top 10 OL”? I know it was based on personnel and not synergy but, c’mon. 270 million to a QB from a team who takes 3 years to still not figure out an OL situation that works. 

Rewatch the game. Joe Burrow had to throw in no more than
2.5 seconds from a collapsing pocket. Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson had ample time to do whatever he wanted.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:30 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Why is it something with the OL every single year? Weren’t they voted “Top 10 OL”? I know it was based on personnel and not synergy but, c’mon. 270 million to a QB from a team who takes 3 years to still not figure out an OL situation that works. 

Sorry this was a solid game from oline, few penalties..and I sack I believe and little pressure blame Burrow not the line..
Reply/Quote
Our offense is predictable. I think our division opponents know our plays better than us. Our defense in the past kept us going and o the offense coming up with a huge game changing play play gave us a false confidence of us being better then what we are. It some how worked the last two years. I don’t know how we did it with no run game and a OL that has more holes than Swiss cheese.

We are stuck with Zac just like Louis. Even worse because Zac has playoff wins and superbowel appearance. In Zac we trust. No other choice
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Zac Taylor is a terrible play caller and his “throw jello on the wall and see what sticks” game plan has cost Cincinnati two Lombardi Trophies so far.  There is absolutely no excuse for an offensive roster this talented to suck harder than an EF5 tornado.

With that said, 2023 looks different.  Two of the five offensive line positions are new with Orlando Brown at left tackle and Jonah Williams at right tackle.  Neither player looks comfortable in their position.  A bad offensive line limits the playbook drastically.  Joe Burrow is not allowed sufficient time for deep routes to develop and right now the Bengals don’t have a blocking tight end.

I thought the line looked good today.

Got to throw deep to loosen up defenses.

At what point will the line not be bad? At what point is it Pollack and scheme? At what point is it playcalling?

If you throw shor stuff constantly, they'll blitz you.
Reply/Quote

Burrows accuracy was way off today.

If he throws a td instead of an int...we win. That was a big swing.
Reply/Quote