Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-17-2023, 06:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And Burrow throwing is trash too according  to your assessment.. late in game he had a wide open Chase and sailed it ou of bounds.. in the end Lamar made crucial plays..Joe did not.

Burrow has pretty much lost two games in a row.....but we'll tapdance around that and blame everyone in the building.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrows accuracy was way off today.

If he throws a td instead of an int...we win. That was a big swing.

Fourteen point swing.....but we don't wanna talk about that. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Burrow has pretty much lost two games in a row.....but we'll tapdance around that and blame everyone in the building.

Haven't read it yet (I'm about to) but someone already started a fire Zac post. I wonder if they think we should get rid of Burrow, too.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:25 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm someone who would be more than fine if ZT just stuck to being HC.

That said, it is CLEAR that the gameplan the last 2 games has been to protect Burrow's calf. We've been in shotgun like 99% of the time, we're not doing QB sneaks, we're not doing rollouts; basically, when we're not running the ball (which you could argue we could/should be doing more of), Burrow is just standing there passing and even then, they're not long developing plays so that Burrow can just make a quick read and pass so there's less of a chance for him to get pressured and have to scramble around.

We're effectively shortened our playbook. Yes, it sucks, but the alternatives are hope Burrow doesn't get injured but play normally or don't even have him play. And if he's not playing, we're probably still 0-2.

Honestly, if the calf is so bad we have to cut the playbook down, they should probably just shut him down. If that is what's causing the offense to sputter this badly, he's more of a hindrance than a help. That may very well be the case too. If so, get him off the field and healed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Haven't read it yet (I'm about to) but someone already started a fire Zac post. I wonder if they think we should get rid of Burrow, too.  Whatever

It's the same bullshit, but pointing the finger in a different direction. Someone always has to be the scapegoat with this fanbase. I'd wager that well over half of the idiots clamoring to fire Zac, are the same ones that threw trash on Palmer's yard, and booed Andy at the celebrity softball game. 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's the same bullshit, but pointing the finger in a different direction. Someone always has to be the scapegoat with this fanbase. I'd wager that well over half of the idiots clamoring to fire Zac, are the same ones that threw trash on Palmer's yard, and booed Andy at the celebrity softball game. 

And it's the same people who will be touting his brilliance come playoff time.... I swear half the posters here are French.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
For all people talked about McVay with Taylor (and we've obviously seen some concerns emerge with McVay since then) how is it that McVay can call plays up to get a 5th round rookie WR in Puka Nacua to get 25 catches at 6.7 yards before the catch per reception in 2 games while Ja'Marr Chase is at 10 catches with 2.9 yards before the catch per reception?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And it's the same people who will be touting his brilliance come playoff time.... I swear half the posters here are French.... Hilarious

I don't know that anyone thinks Zac is a brilliant playcaller.

Lou gets called brilliant at times. But, I think it's widely regarded that Burrow's brilliance covers up for Zac's deficiencies as an offensive mind...and that Zac is probably a good HC at motivating the team.
Reply/Quote
I've never been a fan of Zac, since the beginning and have not changed even through the super bowl. The talent as many have said and Lou and his defense has gotten us where have. Time to can Zac, or let our OC call the plays, he has the best view up there.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, if the calf is so bad we have to cut the playbook down, they should probably just shut him down. If that is what's causing the offense to sputter this badly, he's more of a hindrance than a help. That may very well be the case too. If so, get him off the field and healed. 

They did this ultra-conservative stuff a lot last year too. We'd look bad for half the game. Then 3rd quarter come out throwing deep and we'd win.

We just never woke up in the 1st 2 games enough to win. Probably if we got the ball 1 more possession against Balt we win.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For all people talked about McVay with Taylor (and we've obviously seen some concerns emerge with McVay since then) how is it that McVay can call plays up to get a 5th round rookie WR in Puka Nacua to get 25 catches at 6.7 yards before the catch per reception in 2 games while Ja'Marr Chase is at 10 catches with 2.9 yards before the catch per reception?

Stafford's playing better than Burrow? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For all people talked about McVay with Taylor (and we've obviously seen some concerns emerge with McVay since then) how is it that McVay can call plays up to get a 5th round rookie WR in Puka Nacua to get 25 catches at 6.7 yards before the catch per reception in 2 games while Ja'Marr Chase is at 10 catches with 2.9 yards before the catch per reception?

Cause Matt Stafford is playing up to his pay grade?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Stafford's playing better than Burrow? 

Ha! Beat me to it.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They did this ultra-conservative stuff a lot last year too. We'd look bad for half the game. Then 3rd quarter come out throwing deep and we'd win.

We just never woke up in the 1st 2 games enough to win. Probably if we got the ball 1 more possession against Balt we win.

Probably so....and like you said, that red zone INT was hard on our chances too.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Cause Matt Stafford is playing up to his pay grade?  Ninja

Both stink this year. 

Stafford 24th in QB Rating at 77.4
Burrow 27th at 70.6

Both could easily find themselves 2 spots lower after today's games, too, as Pickett and Watson are both in the high 60s and play tonight. I guess Bryce Young could theoretically jump up as well but I am doubting he offsets that 48.8 he got in Week 1.

Same offense made Cooper Kupp from an unknown to a Triple Crown WR. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still got it. Like that final drive in the SB. Scheme ways to get your best pass catcher the ball that doesn't involve nothing but passes behind the LoS.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I mean after Burrow turned it on we produced like 2 TDs. So it’s not like the plays were pure shit in the 1st half. Burrow just was in accurate. Zac is gonna get heat for this start and the Cleveland game is all on him. Lou won him that game and his offense just couldn’t do shit. This game was decent after halftime. We need to be decent all game. We aren’t gonna lose much if we can get leads and let Lou’s scheme protect leads not have to come back from deficits
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Both stink this year. 

Stafford 24th in QB Rating at 77.4
Burrow 27th at 70.6

Both could easily find themselves 2 spots lower after today's games, too, as Pickett and Watson are both in the high 60s and play tonight. I guess Bryce Young could theoretically jump up as well but I am doubting he offsets that 48.8 he got in Week 1.

Same offense made Cooper Kupp from an unknown to a Triple Crown WR. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and he still got it. Like that final drive in the SB. Scheme ways to get your best pass catcher the ball that doesn't involve nothing but passes behind the LoS.

I didn't get to watch much yesterday because of my kids' sports schedule that is much more important....but I guess Stafford really sucked yesterday? He had a pretty good week one, but no TDs.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Honestly, if the calf is so bad we have to cut the playbook down, they should probably just shut him down. If that is what's causing the offense to sputter this badly, he's more of a hindrance than a help. That may very well be the case too. If so, get him off the field and healed. 

I'll be honest, I didn't think the calf was too bad until yesterday's game. But, I kinda agree with you. Maybe it would've been best to rest him and hope that Browning or Grier or whomever would be able to do better than Burrow did in Cleveland. But, yesterday did show the offense can work with Burrow being a statue, but boy do we need the defense to step up big if that's the case.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We are not built to compete against the teams in our own division. It’s so damn frustrating. We can figure out KC, Buff, Miami etc. but can’t stop getting embarrassed by Cleveland or take advantage of a banged up Ravens team. So damn frustrating.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:53 PM)Destro Wrote: Careful. Some people exist only to defend Taylor like they have his face tattooed to their chest.

Well, not on my chest, but... Pervert

Reply/Quote