Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(09-17-2023, 07:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac has never been a good OC.

We are stuck with him tho. Marvin got 17 years with no playoff victory. Zac’s here for 30 at least.

Only hope is he gives up play calling and we get rid of Callahan amd get a OC in here who can turn this Offense into something.

We are fighting to keep a core together that still, after 4 years hasn’t reached anywhere close to its potential. Something is wrong. Either it’s the QB or the play caller but this offense should be a legit top 3 by now.

I think it’s the play caller. But I’m still sold on Zac as a HC. Even tho I disagree with camp cupcake, I get we play 3 more games on the backend as most. We just need someone who can make this Offense a true threat. It’s too late now for the Tee, Mixon, era. But for the coming youth movement on offense, I hope some changes are made so that the talent isn’t wasted again.

That’s right,Zac isn’t going anywhere,like it or not.I know Mike Brown to well.Ditch Callahan,or maybe he gets HC job,and bring in good OC.Then maybe there’s hope.8
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 01:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: That’s right,Zac isn’t going anywhere,like it or not.I know Mike Brown to well.Ditch Callahan,or maybe he gets HC job,and bring in good OC.Then maybe there’s hope.8

For Callahan to get a HC job, we'll need to have a top offense.

Quite the delta too between getting fired as OC and getting a HC job.
Reply/Quote
Tony Romo would not stop gushing about the play calling today. Kinda kills this thread for at least this next week. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I thought it was fine. Irv Smith is the one who fumbled it

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:40 PM)basballguy Wrote: Tony Romo would not stop gushing about the play calling today.  Kinda kills this thread for at least this next week.  :)

It was definitely a strong showing today.

Would love to hear what the thinking was on the Irv Smith fumble playcall... that just seemed dumb on all fronts. But if he runs in for a TD then it looks great.

About as good a performance as you could've imagined today though. That includes the coaches. They should take responsibility for the bad, and they should take credit for the good. Today was very very good.
Reply/Quote
Zac & Callahan called a great game today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The play calling automatically gets better when the offensive line improves.
Reply/Quote
Today was much better. Hopefully they can continue to grow from here
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Zac & Callahan called a great game today.

I think the execution was pretty damn good today also.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think the execution was pretty damn good today also.

Tee actually catching the ball, and Mixon running with a purpose sure helps.

Reply/Quote
I'm still skeptical I hated they got away from the under center run after the first quarter. I would have loved to see them run that toss sweep a couple more times.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tee actually catching the ball, and Mixon running with a purpose sure helps.

I am sure PFF will have a low grade for him, but Volson was blowing up DL on Joe's big runs in the first half
Definitely Tee looked better and they will need him down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
pump fake to the wr outside then throw over the top for a td to Chase was a great call against an aggressive defense
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:59 PM)bonesaw Wrote: pump fake to the wr outside then throw over the top for a td to Chase was a great call against an aggressive defense

They set it up with a ton of outside receiver screens. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The only thing I didn’t like was the crap with Chase in the backfield. It NEVER works. He just commands too much attention.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing I didn’t like was the crap with Chase in the backfield. It NEVER works. He just commands too much attention.

I think that was the only play I was like, ehhh... 
Reply/Quote
Zero penalties, helped not to put us behind chains, with Mixon running and Burrow efficiency was best effort as a team on offense all year.
Reply/Quote
Great game call today.
Reply/Quote
Kudos to the Oline as they kept Bosa in check...mostly...and opened hopes for Mixon
Reply/Quote
Except for one sweep to Chase and the non-run to Irv that resulted in the fumble, that was a well called game.

Another dynamite start.
Reply/Quote