Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor says there’s a long way to go before deciding who to draft
Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told Geoff Hobson of the team’s website that he’s been duly impressed after watching Monday’s title game, but you could sense that Taylor didn’t want to turn in the card for the first overall pick just yet.

“We’ve started the process of evaluating him,” Taylor said. “We certainly have a long way to go before making decisions on what we’re doing with the first pick. That’s been exciting. We’re not preparing for an opponent, so we have a chance to jump into the actual film work for all the position groups. . . .

“It was impressive. There’s no doubt. I’d like to make sure we’re a little more thorough on our film evaluation with a lot of guys before we start making statements on players. But certainly he had an impressive year.”

Of course, the Bengals have a veteran quarterback under contract at the moment, a guy who has started plenty of games for them in the past, so Taylor had to be careful not to slight Andy Dalton while everyone’s excited about the new guy who isn’t there yet.

“He’s under contract and he’s a guy that we really like and feel strongly about,” Taylor said of Dalton. “That’s where we’re at right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/17/zac-taylor-on-joe-burrow-long-way-to-go-before-making-decisions/amp/

I have a feeling the Bengals will screw this up and trade the pick or draft someone else
Reply/Quote
LOL

Don’t believe it for a second. The card is already filled out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He screwed over Dalton once. The least he can do is respect him the 2nd time around and hopefully tell Dalton that they are drafting burrow before the tell the media or tip their hand. This is the politically correct thing to say.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Coach speak and nothing more.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:38 PM)Bngluv Wrote: He screwed over Dalton once. The least he can do is respect him the 2nd time around and hopefully tell Dalton that they are drafting burrow before the tell the media or tip their hand. This is the politically correct thing to say.

Apparently the team is interested in Herbert....oh boy....

Reply/Quote
He's 10 strokes up on the last of masters with only a few holes left. Hes pretty much the pick unless something unforeseen happens.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
They were looking at Burrow in the bowl game last year. Tgey were watching Herbert in at least one game this year. I dont think they will pick herbert but they should evaluate all possible players.

Then draft Burrow because hes better than the rest and fans will come to see him win or lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Coach speak and nothing more.

Yep, and we see it almost all the time, even in cases everyone in the world knows who the pick is gonna be.
Reply/Quote
Sorry Zac, Jeff Ruby has already named a steak for Joe. In Cincinnati, that's as close to official as you can get

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Sorry Zac, Jeff Ruby has already named a steak for Joe. In Cincinnati, that's as close to official as you can get

Love it! Who was it that went to one of his places on Hard Knocks? I wanna say it was big Dre and some of the OL...

Reply/Quote
Speaking of hard knocks.... do any of you think the NFL just may line cincy up again? They couldn't do it last year because it was Zac's first year plus there wouldn't have been enough draw. If we draft Burrow, I can see it but I would be 100% against it! As intriguing as it may be to me, I think it would be a huge distraction and I hope the Bengals would not be on board with this.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Bngluv Wrote: Speaking of hard knocks.... do any of you think the NFL just may line cincy up again? They couldn't do it last year because it was Zac's first year plus there wouldn't have been enough draw. If we draft Burrow, I can see it but I would be 100% against it! As intriguing as it may be to me, I think it would be a huge distraction and I hope the Bengals would not be on board with this.

I’d be down. I’m never more interested in it than when it’s us. Burrow has proved he can handle the spotlight.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:36 PM)Bngluv Wrote: Speaking of hard knocks.... do any of you think the NFL just may line cincy up again?  They couldn't do it last year because it was Zac's first year plus there wouldn't  have been enough draw. If we draft Burrow, I can see it but  I would be  100% against it! As intriguing as it may be to me, I think it would be a huge distraction and I hope the Bengals would not be on board with this.

The Steelers are eligible this year.  It should be them. The Bengals are not eligible to be forced because they were on it in the last 10 years.

The teams that can be forced: Cardinals, Lions, Broncos, Jaguars, and Steelers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Sorry Zac, Jeff Ruby has already named a steak for Joe.  In Cincinnati, that's as close to official as you can get

I absolutely love this and it's a genius marketing strategy as well as a great cause. I already want to eat there and I'm not even in the US at the moment
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Don’t believe it for a second. The card is already filled out.

(01-18-2020, 04:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Coach speak and nothing more.

(01-18-2020, 04:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nothing to see here.

(01-18-2020, 05:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yep, and we see it almost all the time, even in cases everyone in the world knows who the pick is gonna be.

Correct
Reply/Quote
Calling BULLSH-- !!!

LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:59 PM)jmahon316 Wrote: I absolutely love this and it's a genius marketing strategy as well as a great cause. I already want to eat there and I'm not even in the US at the moment

Jeff Ruby's is extremely good.  Best steak you can get in the greater Cincinnati area IMO.  It's not cheap but it is very good and worth the price.   So if you make it to the area some time check it out.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 07:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Jeff Ruby's is extremely good.  Best steak you can get in the greater Cincinnati area IMO.  It's not cheap but it is very good and worth the price.   So if you make it to the area some time check it out.  

Yeah, the best steak I’ve ever had in my life was at The Precinct. But it is insanely expensive. Ahh to be rich...lol

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be down. I’m never more interested in it than when it’s us. Burrow has proved he can handle the spotlight.

Not to mention we tend to win the division when we're on Hard Knocks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote